Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:19:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Any news is good news."  (Read 1483 times)
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:20:53 AM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 03:47:09 AM

I think I was told at some point that the price usually leads the news
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:46:19 AM

This isn't always the case.

Foreknowledge of news can affect the price.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 07:47:11 AM

was what i was told right typically though?
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:34:05 PM

Is there proof that bitcoins are illegal in Thailand? I was under the impression that this was BS.

Either way, it would still affect the market the same.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:36:37 PM

Is there proof that bitcoins are illegal in Thailand? I was under the impression that this was BS.
It's BS. No sources anywhere. Bank of Thailand can't even make laws and enforce them.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Keldel

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:47:49 PM

I found out about bitcoin when stumbling upon an article how bitcoin was dying and totally useless. The rest is history.

Most people need to hear "bitcoin" a number of times before they take it seriously. Also it's so much easier to explain bitcoin to someone, once they've already heard about it!

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:27:15 AM

was what i was told right typically though?

In the scenario that news is not known beforehand yes.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

battani

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:49:37 AM

It's all about gaining credibility now. The more people talk about bitcoin, the more seriously it'll be taken, the more people will research it, the more they'll end up investing in it.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 06:08:37 AM

It's all about gaining credibility now. The more people talk about bitcoin, the more seriously it'll be taken, the more people will research it, the more they'll end up investing in it.

We need less investing and speculation and more actual real work application.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 06:39:14 AM

We need less investing and speculation and more actual real work application.
True. Bitcoin was originally envisioned as a sort of petty cash system for the Internet. But it's never been widely adopted for that. If you could buy iTunes songs or Amazon videos or even MMORPG game items for Bitcoins (directly from the vendor, not through some intermediary), then Bitcoin would have widespread use. That was a key idea - no need for a payment intermediary for small payments.

Instead, we have a speculative commodity. We also have one of the flakiest collection of vendors ever seen in any industry. Most Bitcoin exchanges are either crooked or incompetent.  The "online wallet" operations are worse. Even the people selling mining hardware act like flakes, with "pre-orders" and similar crap. This is embarrassing.

The problem is that Bitcoin makes possible unidirectional, irrevocable money transfers between distant anonymous parties. This is the con man's dream. If they can't find you, they can't send cops or goons after you. Too many crooks have realized that.

Well, now we know what's wrong. Next time, the system has to have some way that A can send money to B, but it's held in an intermediate state until a second event where A commits the transaction and releases the money to B when they receive whatever B was supposed to send them. ("Escrow agents" haven't helped. Some of them are crooks, too. This needs to be part of the transfer protocol.)

Credit cards have a two-phase commit system like that.  It's not that visible to end users, but you see it at gas pumps, where reading the card locks up some of your funds but doesn't transfer them to the gas station. Only at the end of the transaction, after the gas has been pumped, does the transaction commit.
mzbignev77

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:30:00 AM

Bitcoin for most people is very complicated and strange thing. Need a lot of time before a lot of people will be able to use it. Any news about Bitcoins pushes the price up? It`s not surprise
desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:35:34 AM

Instead, we have a speculative commodity. We also have one of the flakiest collection of vendors ever seen in any industry. Most Bitcoin exchanges are either crooked or incompetent.  The "online wallet" operations are worse. Even the people selling mining hardware act like flakes, with "pre-orders" and similar crap. This is embarrassing.

The problem is that Bitcoin makes possible unidirectional, irrevocable money transfers between distant anonymous parties. This is the con man's dream. If they can't find you, they can't send cops or goons after you. Too many crooks have realized that.

Well, now we know what's wrong. Next time, the system has to have some way that A can send money to B, but it's held in an intermediate state until a second event where A commits the transaction and releases the money to B when they receive whatever B was supposed to send them. ("Escrow agents" haven't helped. Some of them are crooks, too. This needs to be part of the transfer protocol.)

Credit cards have a two-phase commit system like that.  It's not that visible to end users, but you see it at gas pumps, where reading the card locks up some of your funds but doesn't transfer them to the gas station. Only at the end of the transaction, after the gas has been pumped, does the transaction commit.

your impressions of bitcoin are quite dark. Have you been scammed?

I for one had pleasant experiences, no loss. I use my brain though Smiley
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:07:58 PM

I found out about bitcoin when stumbling upon an article how bitcoin was dying and totally useless. The rest is history.

Most people need to hear "bitcoin" a number of times before they take it seriously. Also it's so much easier to explain bitcoin to someone, once they've already heard about it!

Same here.  I found out about Bitcoin after the "allinvain" theft.  I was actually very skeptical about Bitcoin in my early posts as well but that unfortunate news was the first step towards understanding what Bitcoin is and what it potentially could be.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: