Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:15:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can blockchain replace supermarkets?  (Read 171 times)
PRDAEcontact (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 03:46:06 PM

“INS says seven of the top-20 fast-moving consumer goods companies in the world have shown significant interest in the platform; it cites Unilever and Mars as two examples. Beyond the top-20, the company has also “gained a total of 500 manufacturers interested in listing or having signed memoranda of understanding expressing their strong commitment to the project once it goes fully operational,” a company spokesperson told VentureBeat.“

Can blockchain really replace supermarkets in the near future?

hopeAo

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:02:46 PM

“INS says seven of the top-20 fast-moving consumer goods companies in the world have shown significant interest in the platform; it cites Unilever and Mars as two examples. Beyond the top-20, the company has also “gained a total of 500 manufacturers interested in listing or having signed memoranda of understanding expressing their strong commitment to the project once it goes fully operational,” a company spokesperson told VentureBeat.“

YES it can be possible for blockchain to replace supermarkets. This means that distribution chain from the manufacturer to wholesalers to retailers and finally to the final consumers will be distorted making business transaction to be only between the manufacturer and the final consumers. The only advantage this will have is that it will prevent hoarding of goods by the wholesalers and the retailers and the disadvantage i foresee is the delay of goods and services as a result of delay in transactions' confirmation. (My opinion)
lionelho

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:23:44 PM

It will not replace the supermarket but will reshape it. It will facilitate the logistics. But people still need a place where can buy anything so they don't need to visit multiple places in order to fulfill the fridge.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
thaayb2

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

Please explain the nasty technical details. From my knowledge, the blockchain only consists of verified transactions. So how the heck can a list of transactions replace a supermarket. It seems to me like all these "whoow super duper blockchain technology threads" are marketing bullshit for mlm systems and altcoins.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 02:49:27 PM

There is a shift towards on-line sales, but only for those people who aren't concerned by the possibility of eugenics by the globalists. I'm not surprisedto see Unilever supporting it. They put forward Brexit as a reason for a proposed increase in the price of PG tips tea, and at the same time Tetley had a lot of tea offers, some as much as 50% off. Looking at the current attempts to dump PG tips through the supermarkets at the moment, it looks as if the British public is wise to their tricks. Smiley

As sales are concentrated into a few major retailers, we will see quality dropping and prices increasing. I, for one, will not buy food on-line, and certainly not from organisations that introduce toxicity into edible products.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
ji23189455

Activity: 274
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:14:36 PM

Recently, the Russian block chain startup INS has successfully completed a $43 million ICO initial issuance and financing project (about 60 thousand ether mills). The new block chain network is planned to directly connect consumers to manufacturers. Consumers directly place orders to manufacturers through block chain network sites or APP. Manufacturers send commodities to the distribution center of INS operation and complete distribution through the third party logistics network.
Veelin

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:45:01 PM

It will not replace it, instead blockchain can improve supermarkets in general, with the possibility to track product origin easily for instance. With all the possibilities that are generated with this technology I'm pretty sure we will see some changes and improvements in a couple years.
Sukut

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:55:47 PM

I don't see why not. Current supermarkets are so behind in the technology anyway.
antuankek

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:21:42 PM

No, it can't
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:30:08 PM

The possibility of this is just around the corner. Because software designers are the one going to make it happen. Businesmen or board of directors don't have the time to know its source. What matters to them is if it will make them more money and that is exactly the research in blockchain  have been moving towards which in the next few years, we can see the deployment to the amazement of many who think its only about bitcoin or money.
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 06:40:07 PM

Please explain the nasty technical details. From my knowledge, the blockchain only consists of verified transactions. So how the heck can a list of transactions replace a supermarket. It seems to me like all these "whoow super duper blockchain technology threads" are marketing bullshit for mlm systems and altcoins.

Did you know that when retailers buy products from a manufacturer, it's not paid in full. Manufacturers will get paid after the products were partly sold by the retailers. That's how it works. When a blockchain is established between manufacturer and consumer it will benefit both sides. Manufacturers can get paid by consumers easily while consumers can buy cheaper products. It's a win-win situation. This blockchain technology can be use in many ways depends on how broad your imagination could be and i think yours is already at its limit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: