Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Connecting to Tor full nodes on Bread Wallet  (Read 63 times)
xdrpx (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 04:36:30 PM

Hi,

I have a small problem being able to establish a manual connection to bread wallet to my TOR full Bitcoin node. Currently, I'm able to locally synchronize the block headers by connecting to my local internal IP (For example on my computer running TOR full node on IP - 192.168.1.1:8333), I am able to connect to this local IP to my bread wallet when I'm on the same internal network for my phone.

The only problem is breadwallet doesn't support inputting tor addresses because the input field only supports numbers (IPV4 addresses). There's the possiblity that people could be running IPV6 and Tor full nodes as well which now users can't connect to. I noticed that I could copy paste my TOR address into the numeric input field in Bread Wallet, but on clicking OK it isn't validating it or connecting. For your info i'm using iOS (jailbroken) with TOR running and my other apps can connect through TOR (Same case for my android phone).

Has anyone else managed to connect to a TOR full node on their beadwallet app for android or iOS?

Thanks for taking your time to help out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: