Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:41:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2X - Hard Fork  (Read 130 times)
mensha (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:03:22 PM

After the SegWit2x following things are supposed to happens;

01. Total issue of coin will be 21 million
02. Block extraction time will be 2.5 minutes
03. Block size will be increased to 4MB
04. Complexity will be recalculated after each block

Considering above factors, after this hard fork, what will happen to the price of a bitcoin?
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:04:55 PM

Transaction fees should drop a lot and there should be a lot of space available in blocks for further services on chain.

Price will likely rise as a result as people are relieved a solution has been implemented.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:08:43 PM

Hardfork does not solve the problem, the more expensive the fee and not good for small traders.
I still dream of Bitcoin deals with cheap fees. Bitcoin will be increasingly popular with HF, and prices are predicted to rise.
I am waiting for the good news.
ihaveaquestion

Activity: 563
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:11:34 PM

And who wants to see this fork? it is going to be useless, and most of the people who are going to receive it are the dumb ones or those who are always trying to make as much money as possible.
It will probably be worth less than five bucks each.
zgrdyg

Activity: 602
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 05:14:26 PM

Increasing transaction figures per second will be a relief in the community definitely, also this can cause lowering the transaction fees. So with all things taken into consideration, Bitcoin will regain its momentum to upper levels.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:17:29 PM

And who wants to see this fork? it is going to be useless, and most of the people who are going to receive it are the dumb ones or those who are always trying to make as much money as possible.
It will probably be worth less than five bucks each.

Who cares if they are free and lets face it the BTC miners with mega high fees have been ripping us off so best of luck to Segwitx2
if it goes ahead and i moved my coins from Coinbase wallet to a private one to ensure that Coinbase could not decide what is my
coins and whats not.

Someone did a DDOS on BTG when it forked, i wonder who that could be

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:21:25 PM

Increasing transaction figures per second will be a relief in the community definitely, also this can cause lowering the transaction fees. So with all things taken into consideration, Bitcoin will regain its momentum to upper levels.

Not so sure you are right you see because trust cannot be brought and the BTC miners have lost mine and other
peoples too and you can see this by looking at the volume numbers.

I would mine free of charge for Segwit2x if it was needed and I knew how to do it with just an I7 CPU on
a home connection.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:24:07 PM

Looks like people arent so excited about this fork,because too much forked are being released and none of these succeed.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:27:18 PM

i don't understand...is there will be a segwit2X hardfork? as i knew this hardfork have never happened and will never happened. The project was abandoned...
Diarcou

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:27:23 PM

Can anybody explain to a newbie: what are the main advantages of this hard fork?
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:52:18 PM

i don't understand...is there will be a segwit2X hardfork? as i knew this hardfork have never happened and will never happened. The project was abandoned...

it was put on the back burner but as soon as they did that the miners pumped up the costs so they
decided to go ahead with it and the price for B2X was about $1000 yesterday so that's 8% of free
coins for us.

I must admit something does not see right about this fork but it's hard to tell whats propaganda
and what is not so maybe its a carrot to stop people dumping shares in BTC before the 28th of this
month due to silly priced fees that have send the volumes falling already so that's a foot, self, shoot
in my book

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: