Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:04:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chinese Tea for bitcoin?  (Read 844 times)
honghuangsan (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:24:40 AM

Hi all!

I am completely new to Bitcoin but I realised the most important thing is to do useful things with it. Thus, our economy can grow.

So, I am curious, is there anyone interested in quality traditional Chinese Oolong tea for bitcoins?
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:52:35 AM

Hi all!

I am completely new to Bitcoin but I realised the most important thing is to do useful things with it. Thus, our economy can grow.

So, I am curious, is there anyone interested in quality traditional Chinese Oolong tea for bitcoins?

I love how every bitcoin product is so highly specialized. How much would you charge?

Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:55:25 AM

Hi all!

There's always going to be demand for tea but it's reaching your audience that's the problem.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
DudeWheresMyBTC

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:02:52 AM

No, I'm not interested. Sorry.
semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:06:25 AM

I am interested. I will order some now. Can you give me more details about what kind of tea?
honghuangsan (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:21:26 AM

I am thinking of delivering Fenghuang Dancong oolong tea by regular mail from China. It seems to be not as well known as other Chinese teas, but it is superior in taste and also it comes from the homeland of Chinese tea ceremony, Gongfucha. I have not made exact price calculation yet, but I will try to make it on par with the same tea sold on eBay and other places on the internet.
phzi

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:53:59 AM

Best bet is to start offering your products/services and see what happens.  Bitcoins are a great way to increase the reach of your product by introducing it to a new community.

Oh, and don't forget to accept litecoins!  I will buy some tea when you do that.  Always nice to have a good source of tea.
quicksilv3r

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

http://INVESTNCRYPTO.COM

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 06:38:57 AM

i can a see market for tea with bitcoins

►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ #1 trusted Free bitcoin faucets ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Earn free bitcoin Via Moonbit. $/£/€◄
►►►►►►►►►►►► ฿ Learn and Earn! #Cryptocurrency ฿◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄ $/£/€ Learn and Earn! Cryptocurrency $/£/€◄
dondon

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:00:48 AM

Practically any item can have a market for bitcoin users looking to convert their coins to items rather than selling them for cash.

So why not fenghuang dancong oolong tea  Cheesy
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:00:59 AM

Tea is a very delicious idea!

Inedible

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:26:44 PM

i can a see market for tea with bitcoins

There's pretty much a market for everything.

The problem you have is reaching your target audience and also competition (which will drive your profit down).

That being the case, there's no barrier to entry when selling tea and the market, although quite large, is hard to reach especially once you've split it into those with Bitcoin who are wanting to buy tea and those that don't have Bitcoin so won't be interested.

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
BTCPinoy

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:48:30 PM

Sounds like a great idea, where would you be shipping to?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:06:33 PM

I am thinking of delivering Fenghuang Dancong oolong tea by regular mail from China. It seems to be not as well known as other Chinese teas, but it is superior in taste and also it comes from the homeland of Chinese tea ceremony, Gongfucha. I have not made exact price calculation yet, but I will try to make it on par with the same tea sold on eBay and other places on the internet.

There's loads and loads of importers for Fenghuang Dancong/Phoenix Mountain Oolong already. You get that stuff thrown at you for like 7-8 bucks/100 gr.

You'd be better of going for Flowering Teas instead. Those are where you can make real money.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 02:28:50 PM

If you need a website let me know.  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

honghuangsan (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:13:03 AM

Thanks very much guys for all the support and food for thought that you gave.

You'd be better of going for Flowering Teas instead. Those are where you can make real money.

I understand your point clearly, but I don’t care that much about real money, and I don’t want to become world’s most famous bussinessman. This idea is more like a hobby for me and an opportunity to benefit Bitcoin economy as well as promote traditional Chinese tea culture.

Honestly, flower teas are fucking rubbish. I don’t know why people like them so much. Traditional Gongfucha with a real quality Chinese tea can give people much better insight, and benefit both their body and spirit, I think so.

Oh, and don't forget to accept litecoins!  I will buy some tea when you do that.  Always nice to have a good source of tea.

Could you please tell me more what is litecoins? And what advantage do they offer compared to Bitcoin?

Sounds like a great idea, where would you be shipping to?

I think I can ship worldwide, so long as your country does not have the restrictions of sending tea by mail. I have successfully sent tea to the U.S., Europe and Russia so far.
honghuangsan (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:07:45 AM

OK guys, please checkout my first tea.

I decided to start with a super sale auction so first you can know me better and taste fine tea.

And if you like it, you can order more later.

Hope we become good friends!

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/49074-huangzhi-flavour-phoenix-mountain-solitary-bush-tea-500g

https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/49076-huangzhi-flavour-phoenix-mountain-solitary-bush-tea-125g

More teas to come in the future!
honghuangsan (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:22:59 AM

Except semaforo, to whom I am deeply grateful, no one seems to be genuinely interested.

There is no feedback at all, neither negative nor positive.

This means I should probably halt the project for the time being, as I was hoping for at least some response.

But please know that you can discuss tea from China with me any time. I am a deep lover of traditional Chinese tea culture, and I really wish people know more about the tradition of Gongfu Cha and became aware that there are wonderful fresh genuine Chinese teas they can taste.

Maybe I’ll concentrate on informational resource dedicated to Chinese tea culture now that the bussiness does not go well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: