Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:03:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your keys vs money on exchanges  (Read 637 times)
BlackBoxRecords (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:53:26 PM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:35:27 PM

iam till hold my coin in my wallet not in exchanger
if want sell or trading iam send to exchanger

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:09:54 AM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

Some exchanges make it too dificult to move the coins, so I tend to keep them in the exchange. However, I am a bit afraid because it seems that Etherdelta got hacked, coinbase was doing insider trading and ... well too many bad news in the sector.

UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:29:20 AM

I use the coinbase wallet since I cannot use an offline wallet because I find it so difficult to manage because I didno thave my own laptop.or CPU to download it.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:36:06 AM

I think it is better to hold our coin in our wallet than on exchange because we never know what will happen in the exchange. I still save the big amount for every coin that I have in my desktop wallet and I only send it to the exchange if I want to sell or I want to trade in one day. but I admitted that I still have another coin that I take on the exchange just in case I want to do a fast trade so I don't have wait too long for sending the coin to the exchange.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:44:12 AM

Advantages of holding coins on exchanges:

- Possibility to make order for sell/buy
- Chance to get forks

Disadvantages:

- Possible scam of any exchange

Serg22

Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:01:46 AM

I believe that all money should be kept in different places. Plus, if the money is on the stock exchange, you can make trades on the exchange, minus that nobody will give you 100% security of money. the money in the wallet minus not during the production of trading on the exchange, plus that your money is less susceptible to theft.
Laskoff

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:24:11 AM

I think it's better to keep it on your wallet for security reasons, so how much is in the cryptographic world of scammers

keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:42:58 PM

I think it's better to keep it on your wallet for security reasons, so how much is in the cryptographic world of scammers

Nothing beats having control over your private keys, helps you sleep at night.
Just make sure you have a feel for the trend of whichever coin your trading, and have the coins on the exchange accordingly.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
tommy.investcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:03:45 PM

Well, i think that it depends on your bahaviors toward crypto currencies.
1. Holder => wait for better (much higher) price then sell
- you can be a position trader
- take expected coins from markets or ICOs and transfer them back to your own wallet
- Take profit at some time in not-near future (maybe months, sometimes years)
2. Traders: your choice of scalper, day trader & swing trader
- For scalper & day trader, i dont think you will have chances to transfer back & forth coins between coin wallets (like ETH, WAVES) & exchange wallets => it will cost you a huge transmission fee
- For swing trader: yes you can because you properly take trades some days or some weeks
But again be cautious of transmission fee

Hope it help :-)

quest

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:43:08 PM

Иди нaxep co cвoими пpичинaми
cryptogiirl

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:35:15 PM

The safest place to ever hold your own money is in your own wallet, regardless of the medium which is being stored.  By giving any other party access to your assets, you are putting those valuables at risk, as there is now an element of trust in this third party that may be compromised down the road.  Yes, the exchange process may be a little slower, but the fact that the coins are safe when not being traded, makes it ideal to hold your own key.
Minnaja

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:04:30 AM

There are only a few decentralized exchanges that give the right to keep your coins in your wallet. All other trading platforms are arranged so that you give the money to the stock exchange

mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:02:56 AM

There are only a few decentralized exchanges that give the right to keep your coins in your wallet. All other trading platforms are arranged so that you give the money to the stock exchange

That will change in the near future. There are a lot of projects that mitigate that problem with their decentralized ideas. It's also well past time that this happens, as there are also a lot of shady exchanges around (not only the new ones).
fourpiece

Activity: 821
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:16:03 AM

its better to put it in a wallet and not in exchanges wallet,cause once that exchange platform goes to scam say goodbye to all your coins.  If you want to sell then transfer it immediately to exchanges, it will not take an hour to transfer your coins.

rex9

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:21:36 PM

Hold your own private key most safe.

GhostGoblin

Activity: 19
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:05:28 AM

I prefer to hold my coins in a desktop or paper wallet sometimes I leave them on exchanges but only if I am trading them currently.

I'd hate see my balance disappear due to another MT Gox  Shocked
BlackBoxRecords (OP)

Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:54:49 PM

I prefer to hold my coins in a desktop or paper wallet sometimes I leave them on exchanges but only if I am trading them currently.

I'd hate see my balance disappear due to another MT Gox  Shocked

But how do you deal with market dips or even the chance of getting your passwords stolen? I am not so sure that an exchange is less safe than my own computer (with and intel processor).

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:40:00 AM

The best strategy for me would be, hold them in your wallet and not in exchanges because there's a bit of chance that the exchanges your using maybe hacked. It's safer but if you're in a rush just put a bigger fee in the gas and put them in the exchange then trade, after trading withdraw it to your wallet immediately
HunterM

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 03:06:27 PM

It is safer to store coins in purses and not on the exchange, as for the strong movement, if the exchange rate is good, you can use ETHERDELTA or BINANCE, the transactions pass very quickly, if everything is decided not by seconds, then these are ideal options if the movement is so fleeting that in a few minutes it can dramatically change direction, it's probably a very risky coin

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: