Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:36:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your keys vs money on exchanges  (Read 637 times)
Mokel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:26:19 PM

It depends on what you want to do, it seems that you want to be a trader you have no choice but to put your money in exchange, the cost is so high that it is no longer possible to make some trades and then withdraw your money but you have to accept those risks .
mrsamuelmills83

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:30:38 PM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?
The strategy depends on how much you want to trade or hold your coins for longer terms. coins for long term storage should be stored off exchanges.
Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:43:01 PM

It depends on what you want to do, it seems that you want to be a trader you have no choice but to put your money in exchange, the cost is so high that it is no longer possible to make some trades and then withdraw your money but you have to accept those risks .

Yes is true Sometimes you (one)  can face some network challenges by depositing those tokens to your exchange site.  So the best to do is just deposit  and leave it,  secondly depends on individuals choice one can choose to hold on his Wallet  without depositing to exchange so for security purpose one have to hold.
Dmitriy_crypto

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:47:27 PM

I think that is more secure if you keep your coins into your wallet, and wait for the right moment to sell, then, convert them. Because if you keep them in exchange you lose it, you can be hacked, scammed, but they are also pros keeping you money in exchange, like: fast making orders to sell/buy. But if you want, you can keep your coins in different places.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:09:23 AM

Just choose what is more comfortable on your side. It's up to your strategy on handling keys or money. Just make sure that you create profit and avoid loss. Just make decision smart and be confident since you've got a lot of good comment on your thread. Just take a risk, it's always a demand specially here in crypto community. Goodluck mate!
Alex_marik

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:55:12 AM

In my opinion it is the safest way to store crypto coins in your wallet, I do not trust the exchange of crypto currencies, they can disappear at any moment.
straimrpl777

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:58:45 AM

Today there is no place where it is safe to store your crypto coins if you store them on the stock exchange or in your wallet.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:39:00 PM

I wouldn't hold your entire portfolio on the exchange. Even if you like to trade regularly - you don't need 100% of assets on any given exchange. If you make say 25% on a trade, I know it's tempting lump all that profit into the next trade. Instead, maybe look at transferring 50% of any profits into a hard wallet.
That could work but many people simply do not have the capital to do such a thing, if they did that to their capital their profits will become very low, so low that they could not justify trading anymore, that is why you see stories of people making the same mistakes because they trade with all the capital available they have.
Tuturtinular

Activity: 1022
Merit: 152

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 02:14:00 AM

to be more safe we still keep the coins we have in our wallets each just sometimes we will lose a precious moment if we find a good price.
Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:34:54 PM

If you keep tokens in long-term then it is better to keep them on your wallet, if you actively trade it is more convenient to keep on the stock exchange so as not to pay for the commission when transferring. The best strategy is to keep part of the tokens on the exchange, and the other part on the purse.
elitemom

Activity: 174

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:58:25 PM

A little battle?
mey466

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:04:54 PM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?
My good strategy is to put money in exchange when under there we have time to buy to invest so it's not in vain if the price goes up it's time to make a profit
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:38:02 PM

If you keep tokens in long-term then it is better to keep them on your wallet, if you actively trade it is more convenient to keep on the stock exchange so as not to pay for the commission when transferring. The best strategy is to keep part of the tokens on the exchange, and the other part on the purse.
Are you talking stock exchange? If it is then we are on different field buddy but it is on the same concept where we should vary if we are trading tokens for long term or not. If we do itt actively then storing it on exchanges would really be a good choice since we can make actions directly on how the market moves either we do buy or sell.This is advantage to get rid of fees but expect the risk on leaving your tokens out of those exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
South Park

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:14:45 PM

Diversity. I keep some of my trading stash on exchanges. Majority of my coins are on the hardware wallets.
I spread my coins on two hardware wallets and in the future if I get more valuable coins I will spread more.
Spreading your coins is always nice just remember to not forget where you put those coins, there have been cases of people forgetting they had a wallet with X amount of bitcoin and then they forget their password and it is impossible for them to get access to their coins, so also keep a list of the amount of wallets you have and the amount of money that is in there.
anhlandibo12

Activity: 151

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:41:47 PM

At a time when the exchange rate is declining today, store cryptos on the exchange floor are needed because it is advisable to buy cryptos when the exchange rate is at the bottom. If you were to stay at e-wallet then you would not have the chance to purchase the cryptos at the lowest price to hold and make a profit. Experience is to select the reputable exchange floor to store temporary cryptos on it.

linshuhow

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 11:06:09 PM

I always keep my keys in a physical wallet. It's safer this way.
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:41:57 AM

It like carrying your personal bank. I was thinking about carry my key on paper. It seem safer.
maydna

Activity: 2968
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:50:14 AM

It like carrying your personal bank. I was thinking about carry my key on paper. It seem safer.

I think both physical wallet and paper wallet is safe as long as we can keep it in one place that only we will know the place. besides that, I think it will more safe to keep the coins in that wallet than we save it in the wallet on the exchanges. but unfortunately, there are not many wallets that could save many coins at the same time so we need to select only the coins that will available with the wallet that we have.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Starla

Activity: 148

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:19:34 AM

I think a good strategy to save money in the wallet security exchange can also be guaranteed and can also be used to buy trading altcoin trading
South Park

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:29:36 PM

Just choose what is more comfortable on your side. It's up to your strategy on handling keys or money. Just make sure that you create profit and avoid loss. Just make decision smart and be confident since you've got a lot of good comment on your thread. Just take a risk, it's always a demand specially here in crypto community. Goodluck mate!
Choosing what it is more comfortable is not really the best way to approach this situation, many people have chosen the easy option and as a consequence they have lost their money, hackers are very smart and are going to use every trick they know in order to get to your coins, your job as a bitcoin holder is to make that job more difficult for them that way instead of targeting you they are going to move their sights to easier targets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: