Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your keys vs money on exchanges  (Read 637 times)
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

I think it better to hold on wallets, because some exchanges is scam... have sad experience , lose my tokens on exchange coingather! they just stole all money users..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:14:37 PM

I would definitely consider this coin, it has a niche market and had an amazing start!

Check out this new coin, already on exchange!  ROI looks very good!  Medical & Commercial Cryptocurrency with Masternode and Privacy!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753447.0

Do your own research, study your own investments Smiley and luck will come to you Smiley

The stats are taking from https://masternodes.online/currencies/MEDIC/
MEDIC DAILY INCOME (02/01/2018)
$1,177.6975
0.13773984 BTC
5465.8667 MEDIC

Although BTC price is low today but MEDIC MNs still have very good return.

I would look for exchanges with high trading volumes

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 11:48:51 AM

I think it better to hold on wallets, because some exchanges is scam... have sad experience , lose my tokens on exchange coingather! they just stole all money users..

I would say that it depends on which exchange. I tend to trust some of them more than others based on their country. An exchange in a tax heaven may be too opaque.
Rano

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:39:18 PM

I have hold my coins on exchanges so far (big ones like Binance). I tend to trade way more often and having sometimes really bad days, which why I exchanged them to an offline wallet.
Since I'm now holding my coins on the offline wallet, I still look at the price, but are not tempted to instantly trade and regret my decision afterwards.
If you are a good daytrader and have patience sitting on the computer for the whole day, go for the exchange.
If you are impatience like me and want to make long-term profit, then it is just better to hold your coins in your private wallet.
tanjim18

Activity: 372
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:50:27 PM

Right decession....
Hold your private is better.my recommend hardware wallet ledger nano.
JRM-0309

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:27:41 PM

I think it's good we keep it in the place of exchange if it is there we just stay there when there is a good moment moment for us to sell the coins we have.

TeraWATT
——  Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology  ——
Whitepaper ●  Telegram  —  Twitter  —  Facebook  ● Announce
fullhousse

Activity: 107

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:32:01 PM

If you buy coins for long-term storage, you do not have to worry when coin prices fluctuate. when you decide to keep a coin for several months, then you have to withdraw it from the exchange to your personal wallet.
kurdun

Activity: 356
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:03:24 AM

The fact that it is safer to keep your keys in the wallet, and not on the stock exchange, should be known not only to veterans
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:30:55 PM

yeah, and if we have many altcoins in our account then we need to find multi wallet so we can move the altcoin and leave the small amount in the exchange just in case if we want to do fast sell. I have a bad experience too with the scam exchange and I don't want it happens again in the future so I need to take care my coin.
smartsan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:10:50 PM

Holding a key is best when compared to the exchanges.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:09:09 PM

yeah, and if we have many altcoins in our account then we need to find multi wallet so we can move the altcoin and leave the small amount in the exchange just in case if we want to do fast sell. I have a bad experience too with the scam exchange and I don't want it happens again in the future so I need to take care my coin.
As an investor or as an holder of coins we do really took the security on what we do hold but there are really instances on which we would really need to choose up or decide wither where we would gonna store up our coins. If we are an active trader then most of the time we do store most of coins in an exchange for fast executions of trades and theres really always a risk behind it.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:24:54 PM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

I keep a small part of my funds (no more than 20%) at legit exchanges like bittrex, binance, kucoin, gate.io. It's a less risky startegy than if you keep all your money at exchanges + you are able to trade in momentum.
OuterTech

Activity: 294

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:46:57 PM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

Holding cryptos on a large exchange floor such as Binance, Bittrex, OKEx, etc. to trade is perfectly reasonable if you want to sell the cryptos fastest with high prices. The safest thing to do is to put your wallet with a private key to prevent hackers from appropriating the cryptos at the exchange floors. If you need a quick transaction, the store cryptos on the exchange floor will be the best choice.

SharekhaN

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:59:02 PM

I think there is a fine balance between how much coins can you leave on an exchange without any fear vs keeping all of it in exchanges. At current rates, anything under 1 BTC is perfectly reasonable imo.
tricker01

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:21:37 PM

For me, im going to sell my coin and buy at the lowest possible value of the coin. Then I will hold till it goes up again. By that , im going to get back the money that I loss when I exchange my coin in low price. Together with the income it bring because of the high rate to exchange.
arglbargl

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:41:23 PM

I almost lost quite some coins with the btc-e.com desaster.
Never ever will I leave coins on a exchange more time than necessary.
Especially when I read about bitgrail and similiar Wink
7Pro

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:05:50 AM

But how do we know that the price will strong down or just fast correction and go fast high again.
In this position, strong holder deny to sell their coin if the price lower because they have own target for long term.
Spare enough money to buy back in lower price is better strategy.
wagi

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:23:16 AM

Some exchanges make it too dificult to move the coins, so I tend to keep them in the exchange. However, I am a bit afraid because it seems that Etherdelta got hacked, coinbase was doing insider trading and ... well too many bad news in the sector.

Hacker is the big problem for us if we hold money in exchange. Keep the asset in exchange make us worry if the exchange got hack from smart hacker.
So thats why people prefer keep in private key wallet rather than in exchange
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:16:50 AM

I am more amenable to saving the coin in my personal wallet, because storing it in exchange in my opinion is too risky, although if we are going to sell coin takes a lot of time to transfer from wallet to exchange but it's all for the security of the coin I have.

Daria_daria1992

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:08:11 AM

Just you have to keep on the wallets those coins that you are not going to sell 1-2 years.  And on the stock exchanges, keep a small part of the capital for trading.  In the case of such corrections or pamps, you could always sell or buy altcoins quickly.

[/center]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: