Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:24:06 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your keys vs money on exchanges  (Read 637 times)
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:17:21 AM

I usually keep my coins on wallet for which I am holding private key , also I avoid coinbase wallet because it is accused of insider trading. Keeping your coins on exchange is not safe as now today hacker are targeting Crypto currency exchanges ,& somehow for any reason the exchange is hacked or closed for some reason (Government notice) than you can lose all your coins. Send your coins to exchange only when you need to trade, after trading send back your coins to your personal wallet.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:22:11 PM

If you have an experience or an expert when it comes to exchanges then go with it. But if you want a safer profit better if you are going to hold your coins. But honestly both are just profitable ways and there is no superior to the other. It is just personal preference.

orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:50:00 PM

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

I am more on the idea of having a little bit of everything and never trust too much to the same wallet or exchange. I assume that sooner or later I will be hacked one way or the other, so I just want to limit the damage.
nniecan001

Activity: 322
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:55:32 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 12:36:00 PM by nniecan001

The veteran people on crypto tend to say that you should keep your coins in your wallet, never on exchages. However if there is a strong downwards movement on a coin and you want to sell to buy latter at a cheaper price it may take quite a bit of time and fees to move it. What is the right strategy?

I am more on the idea of having a little bit of everything and never trust too much to the same wallet or exchange. I assume that sooner or later I will be hacked one way or the other, so I just want to limit the damage.
Good opinion, sounds like, don't trust to anyone easily. Even your own dog can bite you for an instant. Well it's up to each and everyone on how they keep their tokens and accounts. But basically, you need atleast two kind of wallet and divide all your income and investment for your own security. Hope that you have other email too for recovery sense.
JuliaJi

Activity: 896
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:14:32 PM

I have very bad experience of holding tokens on exchange, I had not small sum of tokens on coin coingather and in one moment they stole all money, SO not famous exchanges I do not use
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:22:23 PM

For me it must all be appropriate conditions because then we can put the right position. save the coin in the wallet does have advantages of the coin that we have will be very safe if stored in a long time and when choosing the exchange then we will get the ease of mobility so that we can perform various transactions easily. So every condition has its own advantages and disadvantages, then we should be able to put well and precisely.
seymenyunus1654

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:51:17 PM

I think keep our money or crypto currency in offline wallet is more safe. If you do not have an offline wallet you can use their own wallet
which has an it. if this is not available, you need to find a reliable exchange like binance or etc.
proexcept

Activity: 308
Merit: 156

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:39:21 PM

I keep the biggest part of my capital at the hardware wallet and the rest on exchanges. This reduces the risk of losing my coins, since you can not keep all the eggs in one basket. It's convenient to transfer my capital to alts or USD depending on the market trend.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io⚫ ⚫ ⚫
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:29:36 PM

For me it must all be appropriate conditions because then we can put the right position. save the coin in the wallet does have advantages of the coin that we have will be very safe if stored in a long time and when choosing the exchange then we will get the ease of mobility so that we can perform various transactions easily. So every condition has its own advantages and disadvantages, then we should be able to put well and precisely.
In short if you are an active trader then moving out back and forth to your coins will really make some disadvantages since we do know that every second counts on doing trading yet chances do only come in a glimpse and to be profitable we should really have the fastest time to make transactions with our coins and if we do store it on cold storages and making transfer then most of the time we do missed that opportunity which it is the main disadvantage on such scenario.
Fenderr

Activity: 293
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:28:34 PM

Assets/money are exchanges have their advantages and disadvantages. Quick sells are possible only on exchanges, this is tenable when assets are on exchanges, especially when the token is a having downward trend and you want to quickly cashout.

Having tokens in wallets which you have control of the private, gives that peace of mind
Daria_daria1992

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:41:37 AM

I keep a small part of altkoins on the stock exchange, in order that in case of a sharp increase in the coin, have time to make a profit.  Since sometimes it happens that the transaction takes a long time from the wallet, and during this time the situation on the exchange may change.

[/center]
mi56374100

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:29:24 AM

Putting COINS in your wallet is something you hold for a long time, if you need to trade, of course, it's easier to put it on the exchange.

Don't put COINS on the exchange for too long, if you don't want to trade them.
cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:06:31 PM

Be careful when putting your investments in the exchanges. You can put it there if you're ready to trade it but if not, just keep in your wallet its the safest way. Always make sure to put 2FAs on your crypto related accounts nd most specially your keys so that you can still have a peaceful sleep at night.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
BlackBoxRecords (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:23:18 PM

I am more amenable to saving the coin in my personal wallet, because storing it in exchange in my opinion is too risky, although if we are going to sell coin takes a lot of time to transfer from wallet to exchange but it's all for the security of the coin I have.

But using a wallet you are not able to create a stop-loss order, so all you gain from storing it safely you loosing on the chance of the market suddenly dropping.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
koloNikolo

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 06:11:21 PM

Just you have to keep on the wallets those coins that you are not going to sell 1-2 years.  And on the stock exchanges, keep a small part of the capital for trading.  In the case of such corrections or pamps, you could always sell or buy altcoins quickly.

I agree with such idea that you have to split all your coins. The coins that you not gonna trade and if they are on hodl mode - offline.
All the others you have to put on different exchanges.
And the first rule of every trader:

1. DO NOT keep all the coins/tokens in one exchage Grin

samward

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:59:54 AM

as for me, i think u should hold them not in exchanges because there's a bit of chance that the exchanges ur using maybe hacked. It's r really safer but if u'r in a rush just put a bigger fee in the gas and put them in the exchange then trade, after trading withdraw it to ur wallet right now.
victoria444
Copper Member

Activity: 258
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:50:40 PM

New coins to buy? LEDU coins, great team, Binance soon. Currently on bibox and gate.io and other 5 exchanges  Both exchanges offering a chance to win Tesla and nano ledger.
unsquidly

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:54:10 AM

Just choose what is more comfortable on your side. It's up to your strategy on handling keys or money. Just make sure that you create profit and avoid loss. Just make decision smart and be confident since you've got a lot of good comment on your thread. Just take a risk, it's always a demand specially here in crypto community. Goodluck mate!
Wuddly

Activity: 215

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 04:08:10 PM

I`ve split my investments on several exchanges and that is how i try to navigate and control the risks. I am not inclined in waiting unknown amount of time to sell my coins and there is always the risk of wallet under maintanance etc. Cool
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 328

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 05:07:32 PM

In short if you are an active trader then moving out back and forth to your coins will really make some disadvantages since we do know that every second counts on doing trading yet chances do only come in a glimpse and to be profitable we should really have the fastest time to make transactions with our coins and if we do store it on cold storages and making transfer then most of the time we do missed that opportunity which it is the main disadvantage on such scenario.
This would mainly happen where you will make transactions in and out into your wallet and will really cost you fees and time and when you are making any trade then it will be a delay for you and i agree that have being said that trading do comes in chance and its important to make orders as fast as you can.
Always divide your money which are plan for long term and which are for short term.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████