Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's to Noobs. Chin up! You Rock.  (Read 99 times)
The Demon Slick (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:26:11 PM

I know. Maybe you were a big fish at another pond, maybe you were never a forums type. And Now? Here we are. There are real Giants here, we Noobs walk among them, and we can't even trust who is who. And the Old School,  how annoying it must be for them. Their quiet forest bursting out of the winter and blooming in springtime,  and suddenly a million chattering trespassers, tracking mud and clouding the still waters with garbage,  and how can they tell who is real, and who will stick, and who really sucks? So maybe nobody treats us seriously,  maybe they're a bit sharp at times, so what. Face it, most of the people who post are here and gone, Googled/came here/asked/vanished. It's surprising that they answer as many as they do.
But don't worry! Us Noobs live lives full of Joys that are known only to us. We enjoy feelings and discoveries that they haven't felt in many years.
The purpose of this thread is to celebrate the joy of noobiness. Tell your story of Noob Greatness! That time you were all like "YES!"

Ok, I'm going to start it up.

So I got an s9 ordered but while I'm waiting I have a great pc because I'm a gamer from way back but I hardly ever play anymore (msi x99+/32g/ddr3/i7@350/watercooled) and it's money I spent awhile ago so I'm not counting it as an expense and I'm not going to even if I should because yeah.
Nhash was ok but it was easy. No real working pools/miners/coins. No .bat files. No .config.
Anywho I pointed a single 580 at ucrypto/etn just to check it out. Tweaked it to stable and walked away.
24 hours later.... Nothing!
I'm probably doing it wrong...
So I crashed before work, woke up....
Hit for 20etn right after I went to bed!
Again, right before I got up! 21 more!
Went to work, 2am, 20 more!
So, I'm doing it right I guess, gotta get both cards going,  take the time to get it set,  but hey, I has etn! And it went up .01!
I'm sooooooo on my way to greatness!

Have you also felt Noobs Triumph?
Tell it if you want to.  First time you hit "x" /s or x number of coins or whatever made you happy.
Cheers!
Here's to us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: