Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:05:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XVG is dead  (Read 2477 times)
k-west

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:46:21 PM

Not dead,just getting ready to moon again Smiley
pacmand

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:01:59 PM

Guys,

Honestly does anyone do any research?

XVG has legit claims to position itself as a true micro transaction privacy coin, which is more than can be said for many of the other so called privacy coins out there. Outside of Monero, I dont know any other coin out there that can fall into the category of XVG with it's high supply. From a utility perspective, support for TOR and I2P distinguish it from the others, and while there is always risk in supporting a little known dev team, the potential for the protocol would be a significant early mover advantage for the team if they can pull it off.

If someone was smart, they would glom up the team, re-assert the vision and push for Wraith and position XVG as the privacy version of XRP... It would be very controversial, but with the right guidance, the team can thrive.

There is alot of regurgitating other people opinions while speaking emphatically out of ones ass around here.. And whenever there is outright FUD pointed at a coin for the purposes of market manipulation, it means the someone smart sees something, and is looking to take a serious position.

The bottom line is that if you invest in XVG, then you are investing in the IDEA of large scale, true private micro transaction tech. If you believe it will be around in a year, then buy it, if not, then dump it.

Someone will glom it up.

Dont get played, dont be sheep. Be your own man/woman and sack up.

Grin
hazukison

Activity: 100

Donate --> 15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:20:34 PM

Guys,

Honestly does anyone do any research?

XVG has legit claims to position itself as a true micro transaction privacy coin, which is more than can be said for many of the other so called privacy coins out there. Outside of Monero, I dont know any other coin out there that can fall into the category of XVG with it's high supply. From a utility perspective, support for TOR and I2P distinguish it from the others, and while there is always risk in supporting a little known dev team, the potential for the protocol would be a significant early mover advantage for the team if they can pull it off.

If someone was smart, they would glom up the team, re-assert the vision and push for Wraith and position XVG as the privacy version of XRP... It would be very controversial, but with the right guidance, the team can thrive.

There is alot of regurgitating other people opinions while speaking emphatically out of ones ass around here.. And whenever there is outright FUD pointed at a coin for the purposes of market manipulation, it means the someone smart sees something, and is looking to take a serious position.

The bottom line is that if you invest in XVG, then you are investing in the IDEA of large scale, true private micro transaction tech. If you believe it will be around in a year, then buy it, if not, then dump it.

Someone will glom it up.

Dont get played, dont be sheep. Be your own man/woman and sack up.

Grin

Are you SURE you did your own research? Wraith was meant to be released in SEPTEMBER then hurriane irma happened and wraith was "Delayed" for 1 week. 1 Week later, radio silence.
Couple months later we get a big count down clock to the release of wraith.

WRAITH IS COMING!

Countdown gets to zero, radio silence. What happened?

Its only developer (Yes it only has one) was asleep for it then denied he had anything to do with it (Despite previous conversations saying he knew about it).

Fastforward to Christmas eve. Supposedly there was a post by the Verge "Team" saying its coming out christmas day and that it has begun uploading wraith to github.

Christmas day arrives, radio silence (Sound familiar?) (Apparently this was fake). 

Fastforward present day there was a post on reddit (yesterday?) saying wraith is on track for 2017 still!

3 Days now remain to release something that is apparently already completed but was delayed again to make the UI "Better" (According to pyjama boy-XVG Whale).

If you didn't know any of this then you either haven't done your own research or haven't been in the scene since september to see this shit storm growing.

Mature student aging rapidly
15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi
richiepoor

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:32:03 PM

Both of you (the last two posters) make good points, but it does not matter if XVG got 1 dev or 10 devs, they are not known publically anyways. And what they have achieved so far is amazing and any way you spin it..this does open up huge potential for the future. Would i buy into Verge NOW?... Well I am a long time holder of Verge (way before McAffee) because it was always a great coin and way undervalued compared to Monero. Also I truly believe people just prefer to have thousands, ten thousands, or even more, of a Coin, than just 5 Monero or so.... But yeah. I probably would not buy more of Verge now and might even sell some (more), however its still a good coin and I will keep a large batch because frankly I wouldnt know where to shift it. I see a lot of people here mention Spectre but thats already valued pretty high too and seems a bit odd that it gets promoted so much (kind of like the SCAMCOIN DeepOnion). Maybe Linda is a good opportunity because that one is still very cheap. But it does not look as promising as Verge (which then proofed correct by its rise).Tho yeah Top20 is very high of course..... But Verge is not worse than Monero, or Bitcoin, and look how Monero is valued.How Bitcoin is valued. Verge allows rapid fast transactions and extremly low fees.  I mean the only thing speaking for Monero is that it found some acceptance already in certain places but even that is not so sure yet and most still use bitcoin in the "dark places".

You can also see from Verge NOT dropping down a lot that the market actually likes it. I mean its pretty stable now at around ~ $0.18

hazukison

Activity: 100

Donate --> 15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:40:33 PM

but it does not matter if XVG got 1 dev or 10 devs, they are not known publically anyways.
But he is known publicly... Publicly enough for people to find criminal records of him lol.

Mature student aging rapidly
15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:42:50 PM

Both of you (the last two posters) make good points, but it does not matter if XVG got 1 dev or 10 devs, they are not known publically anyways. And what they have achieved so far is amazing and any way you spin it..this does open up huge potential for the future. Would i buy into Verge NOW?... Well I am a long time holder of Verge (way before McAffee) because it was always a great coin and way undervalued compared to Monero. Also I truly believe people just prefer to have thousands, ten thousands, or even more, of a Coin, than just 5 Monero or so.... But yeah. I probably would not buy more of Verge now and might even sell some (more), however its still a good coin and I will keep a large batch because frankly I wouldnt know where to shift it. I see a lot of people here mention Spectre but thats already valued pretty high too and seems a bit odd that it gets promoted so much (kind of like the SCAMCOIN DeepOnion). Maybe Linda is a good opportunity because that one is still very cheap. But it does not look as promising as Verge (which then proofed correct by its rise).Tho yeah Top20 is very high of course..... But Verge is not worse than Monero, or Bitcoin, and look how Monero is valued.How Bitcoin is valued. Verge allows rapid fast transactions and extremly low fees.  I mean the only thing speaking for Monero is that it found some acceptance already in certain places but even that is not so sure yet and most still use bitcoin in the "dark places".

You can also see from Verge NOT dropping down a lot that the market actually likes it. I mean its pretty stable now at around ~ $0.18

yep, agree with you, the coin has an active community and a large group of users, they will not let this project go die
bk2000

Activity: 78

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:44:32 PM

Definitely not dead - AND just got a huge boost of confidence from MCAFEE and the market in general.  This has a real shot to become a top 10 coin.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
tuiputui

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:46:12 PM

This is my opinion:

Most people buying XVG this days don´t do any reasearch..

They don´t know it´s a DOGE coin fork (originally dogecoin dark) that is around for quite a lot of time. Mostly is dogecoin with optional Tor network support

They have a rich list (a privacy coin, telling you who is rich and showing balances of miners ?)
https://verge-blockchain.info/richlist

Rarely updated
https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE

Fro me $0,1 is not cheap.... NOT for a supply with more than 14.396.737.130. But most people buying at this level neither understand what MARKETCAP means...
Anyone buying verge now will have a hard time... because they see it at 0.1$ and they expect it to be 100$... and that´s not how marketcap works...

richiepoor

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:52:54 PM

but it does not matter if XVG got 1 dev or 10 devs, they are not known publically anyways.
But he is known publicly... Publicly enough for people to find criminal records of him lol.

Ok I just looked it up. You make it sound like he is a bad guy but all he did was eat some magic mushrooms? Cheesy So that he is actually known makes the coin more trustworthy. I mean he cant just run Cheesy What would interest me more is how much he works. How passionate he is. If Verge is his purpose, and dream... If he really wants it to rule the plane. Thats worth more for me as an investor. Its always about the people and their passion. You could have a harvard grad with a clean record, if he isnt streetsmart, got a ton of common sense and vision, his businesses wont ever be worth much.
stefan147

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:56:47 PM

This is my opinion:

Most people buying XVG this days don´t do any reasearch..

They don´t know it´s a DOGE coin fork (originally dogecoin dark) that is around for quite a lot of time. Mostly is dogecoin with optional Tor network support

They have a rich list (a privacy coin, telling you who is rich and showing balances of miners ?)
https://verge-blockchain.info/richlist

Rarely updated
https://github.com/vergecurrency/VERGE

Fro me $0,1 is not cheap.... NOT for a supply with more than 14.396.737.130. But most people buying at this level neither understand what MARKETCAP means...
Anyone buying verge now will have a hard time... because they see it at 0.1$ and they expect it to be 100$... and that´s not how marketcap works...

Please do your research. Verge is not a fork from Doge.
tuiputui

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:19:54 PM

Oh i do my research  Roll Eyes
https://www.cryptocompare.com/coins/doged/overview

"On the 15th of February 2016, DogeCoinDark re-branded to Verge. The new ticker is XVG. They have only changed the name, no technology was affected by this. The coin, the blockchain and the people have stayed the same. You can still access the new ticker Verge (XVG) on our website"
juddilio

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:58:22 PM

I'm trying to understand one thing. If you don't care about VERGE, if you refuse to accept positive points about verge, or even opinions from verge supporters, why the fuck do you care? why you keep  talking and spreading FUD about a coin that you don't even like or own? It doesn't make any sense.

Really, just shut your mouth and go talk about the coins that you like.
stefan147

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:06:21 PM

"On the 15th of February 2016, DogeCoinDark re-branded to Verge. The new ticker is XVG. They have only changed the name, no technology was affected by this. The coin, the blockchain and the people have stayed the same. You can still access the new ticker Verge (XVG) on our website"
That's not new. I know that verge was called dogecoindark before but that doesn't mean that it's a fork from Dogecoin.
Tweet from lead-developer:
https://twitter.com/justinvendetta/status/945094378183278592
arakosta

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:15:37 PM

Isn't Verge a fork of DogeCoin? I am finding it so weird that a Dogecoin fork, with no remarkable features has more than $2.5b marketcap.

borgx

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:26:23 PM

Still nothing. Not keeping promises is bad practise. So is alot of radio silence.
Now they are bashing a other coin on twitter for stealing their code.

Im now even wondering IF wraith releases, whats the future of this coin? Feature announcements that get added at least a year later? Whats the team doing and are they commited enough and trustworthy enough?

As others said in this thread, XVG currently cannot be trusted.
tuiputui

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:45:44 PM

That's not new. I know that verge was called dogecoindark before but that doesn't mean that it's a fork from Dogecoin.
Tweet from lead-developer:
https://twitter.com/justinvendetta/status/945094378183278592

ok, further researh  it´s a fork of darkcoin former fork of Litecoin just like Doge. anyway i´m not concerned about where a project comes from... more where it can go.
xPPx

Activity: 531
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 05:08:18 PM

I dunno if Verge is dead, but I know that there is too much drama around it for me to invest.
borgx

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:13:28 PM

I dunno if Verge is dead, but I know that there is too much drama around it for me to invest.
That's because it's a unmoderated community. On the discord that has active developers, i got banned for questioning moderators who are calling people "fucking idiot" etc.
Also comments like "nigger", "type 9 if you got a big dick" etc, are the standard on there without infractions being given.

I tried to tell the dev's and the reddit, but i'm not the majority of who is involved. They are fine with people like that.
tuiputui

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:24:20 PM

That's because it's a unmoderated community. On the discord that has active developers, i got banned for questioning moderators who are calling people "fucking idiot" etc.
Also comments like "nigger", "type 9 if you got a big dick" etc, are the standard on there without infractions being given.

I tried to tell the dev's and the reddit, but i'm not the majority of who is involved. They are fine with people like that.

The XVG community is really "special".. i´m sorry for John McAfee now... he has all the kids in the room now photoshoping his 0.15 predictions

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/946052577539579906

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/946041450415972352
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 05:28:56 PM

If you actually did research on the coin. You would know that Wraith protocol was supposed to be out since september. They had it delayed so much that it was a perfect time for McAfee to buy the dip. Then we pumped the coin and it went to jupiters. Now people are finding out what a shit team XVG has and the dump has began. Run faster than you can. This coin is going back to it's old value before mcafee pump.
Whoa.. McAfee was behind this pump? No wonder the price went up more than 200%. Even if the team of XVG is full of shit, pump and dump groups will find an opportunity to temporarily make the coin popular and out of nowhere when people start buying it, the pump groups will dump the coin real bad. This is not the first time we're seeing a shitcoin being pumped and dumped. This has been happening since ages, even in the stock market, now in the crypto market.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: