Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:18:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is FTC dead?  (Read 3298 times)
Teal Deer (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:55:15 AM

Tell me if I'm doubling up on this topic.

I bought some ftc earlier this year- quite blindly really, with hopes that they might go the way of btc.

So they rose, then dropped, a lot. They now float at around 8c each and I have a tonne of worthless coins really.

It occurred to me yesterday, when reading something that described them as having been pump-and-dumped that I might be waiting on a lost cause.

Is ftc over? Are they doomed to fail? Or might they rise from the ashes in the future and not have been a lost cause?

Fablio2

Activity: 464
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:44:01 AM

Yes FTC is completely dead.

Please send all of your coins to 6nB7CVVYyZHvwmz17z7exAaD2nzM5ji1Fg for cremation and proper disposal.

~BCX~
Grin
usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:03:41 AM

It is not worthless, but it is not worth much either.

Inflation rate and no services and the history makes me think its close to worthless and that it won't gain much. You can earn with it on daily/weekly pump&dumps by following the hype around it and "UNOCS". But there are better and more reliable currencies to trade with for the same purpose.

Teal Deer (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:26:14 AM

Please send all of your coins to 6nB7CVVYyZHvwmz17z7exAaD2nzM5ji1Fg for cremation and proper disposal.

~BCX~

Done.

Thanks for the responses.
Entimp

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:57:39 AM

You gave it away because it didn't perform overnight?
Teal Deer (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:00:14 AM

Of course I didn't give it away. It's sounding like selling it will be the smartest option though as it can most likely only get worse from here.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:03:05 AM

Even if FTC was dead....this thread revived it.  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:31:02 AM

I personally never got the hype.

I coin which was sold on being 4x LTC (WOW!) and was insanely instamined... Coooool  Cool
Entimp

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:39:29 AM

Personally I would hold on to it... but that depends how much you are holding and how badly you need to release those funds.

In my opinion it isn't dead at all and offers more hope than many coins. Not many alt-coins will buy you beer/food in a pub or are accepted at online stores for physical goods. It is also still listed on btc-e.
vehementchrome

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:50:34 AM

Eh, I wouldn't say FTC is dead, not in the least. Is FTC not as valueable as it once was? Yeah, iirc. But then most coins aren't, even if their value didn't directly drop, or drop much, because of btc's lower value. FTC does reasonably well for value at its difficulty in terms of mining, but it notably fluctuates back down when its profit percentage hits the highest on coinchoose. It somewhat recently went through a slump where it stayed at a really high difficulty with an absurdly low amount of hashrate on the network. It survived that though, and continues to survive. So, to reiterate, no FTC is not dead.

Devtome | Spelunky Guide
BTC: 1FPKfkTUTBir2rnBnWhjPdzGrcerz11P4R
DVC: 17WNPSjjBxQF7gkQiFNe1yoZ1DaSgztM7K
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:54:26 AM

If you want to sell, my suggestion would be to hold off till the UNOCS bridge is released. There may be a rise after that.
Radacoin

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:20:33 AM

Current Feathercoin Network speed: 4,613,608 KHash/s

Mt Gox feature requests: (https://support.mtgox.com/forums/20514198-Featured-Requests)
Add Feathercoin (FTC): 222 supporters
Add Litecoin!: 201 supporters
Please Add Peer-2-Peer Coin (PPC): 71 supporters

So no, the coin is not dead.
It's more alive than ever before Smiley
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:39:24 AM

ITT investors talking about their "great" coin  Roll Eyes

usahero

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:07:07 AM

"UNOCS" hype in progress. So if you hold significant amount of FTC, dump it now, before the people initiating the hype ("UNOCS team") will dump it and crash the prices.

Or is there an 51% attack going on to block ftc deposits to btc-e, like last time when forum hype was requested on ftc forum??

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 11:32:12 AM

Current Feathercoin Network speed: 4,613,608 KHash/s

Mt Gox feature requests: (https://support.mtgox.com/forums/20514198-Featured-Requests)
Add Feathercoin (FTC): 222 supporters
Add Litecoin!: 201 supporters
Please Add Peer-2-Peer Coin (PPC): 71 supporters

So no, the coin is not dead.
It's more alive than ever before Smiley

yeah keep plugging ur clone coin to more poor suckers why don't you... 222 supporters to add to mtgox.. and it still no further to being added.... network speed oh yeah what about the 51% attack to stop people getting confirms before the hype dump....

If you bought into this i feel sorry for you as there are too many people plugging this coin that really offers nothing new... just an attack on the vulnerable n00bie posters in here.. show me one actual difference between feathercoin and litecoin or BBQcoin?  Invest in an established coin if your funds are limited... only invest what you can afford to loose.... don't listen to the trolls!!

FuzzyBear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:45:24 AM

Bottom line... coins that make it out of this very small community and into the hands of the general public will do quite well. The rest, well, they make good digital pokemon card type trading among the hardcore that beat their chests and use words like p0wned.

If your coin is being accepted by brick and mortar establishments, you're probably on the right track!

Teal Deer (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:32:38 PM

I have around 2500ftc.

I made a good amount on btc and used some of that to admittedly take a blind gamble on ftc, which evidently I didn't sufficiently research enough by half.

I feel like a bit of a noob right now but it wouldn't be a massive loss even if I lost it all, and you've gotta learn some things the hard way.
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 03:54:44 PM

~BCX~

Done.

Thanks for the responses.

No thank you for 14005.0098 FTC

See guys, sarcasm pays!

~BCX~
Are you serious?
Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 04:08:24 PM

FTC isn't dead. Selling now would be a bad decision unless you have some better use of your funds.

You just happened to buy FTC at the peak of the hype and got burned. I also am kicking myself for not selling at the peak but that is my fault not FTC.

Don't listen to all the haters that say crap like "FTC is a pump and dump" or "FTC has no services" it's all bull.

The FTC team along with their partnership with WDC, and PXC are putting in a lot of effort to make these coins successful. A lot more so then 90% of the other newer coins out there.

If you don't believe me come check out the the respective forums of these coins to see what we are up to.

Personally I am accumulating FTC, WDC, and PXC right now. It may take awhile but these coins will gain traction eventually.

http://www.coindesk.com/altcoin-partnership-unocs-launches-bridge-service-for-instant-merchant-payments/

https://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php

http://worldcoinforum.org/

http://forum.phenixcoin.com/index.php

clearcrystal

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:58:53 PM

It's more alive then ever

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄