Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:38:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Simplemining.net multi algo profit switching  (Read 311 times)
cryptom00n5 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:25:35 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 02:04:01 AM by cryptom00n5

Does anyone know of a miner that runs on simplemining.net OS that provides this functionality? At the moment I am checking which algo/coin is most profitable every day.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biggiemco

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:46:03 AM

so far I've only been able to get smos to switch most profitable coin on a defined algo, (equihash in my case) I don't know if it's possible, I wish I could get it figured out.
cryptom00n5 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:49:14 AM

Thanks for the reply, i don't think the functionality is possible within simpleminingOS itself at this stage but i have emailed the dev to see if it is on the timeline.

My thinkng is that if simplemining.net has an API that you can use to change "Rig Groups" on your "Rigs" then this should be possible!! Grin
vampyren

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:21:59 PM

Thanks for the reply, i don't think the functionality is possible within simpleminingOS itself at this stage but i have emailed the dev to see if it is on the timeline.

My thinkng is that if simplemining.net has an API that you can use to change "Rig Groups" on your "Rigs" then this should be possible!! Grin

Hi, i am wondering the same, did you get an answer?
I was using Awesome miner before and had that feature. Badly miss it.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:44:49 PM

If you want to do profit switching on the local side it will be a lot of work. You would have to configure wallets and settings for each individual algo.

The bottom line is that profit siwtching is a misnomer, and it will cost you to lose money in the long run. If you are chasing minute by minute profit you wont be able to turn coins into fiat fast enough to capitalize on it. The smart move is to mine a coin you feel confident in, and hold it for future gains.

If you are cashing out your mining revenue immediately you are making a really boneheaded mistake and costing yourself so much in the long run. This is not a short day by day profit game, you need to mine coins and hold them for as long as possible or you are just wasting your time and effort.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 09:56:42 PM

Does anyone know of a miner that runs on simplemining.net OS that provides this functionality? At the moment I am checking which algo/coin is most profitable every day.

Are you selling the instant that you receive your coins?

Because if not then there isn't really much point in switching every day.

Merit me or don't.
vampyren

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:16:20 AM

Are you selling the instant that you receive your coins?

Because if not then there isn't really much point in switching every day.

Sort of. With Awesome miner i used miningpoolhub.com and it kept all my coins in the wallet. I selected autotrade so that no matter what i mined it got traded for ETH.
It is worth switching when the price different is 20%! I set it up so that it could check every 10 min and if the price difference were greater than 10% it would switch.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:19:29 AM

Sort of. With Awesome miner i used miningpoolhub.com and it kept all my coins in the wallet. I selected autotrade so that no matter what i mined it got traded for ETH.
It is worth switching when the price different is 20%! I set it up so that it could check every 10 min and if the price difference were greater than 10% it would switch.

Yea but you are paying miningpoolhub to do that for you so you are losing out on profits. I warn any miner away from any of these auto conversion sites. If you are auto converting to a single coin like ETH, you are leaving a crazy amount of future profit on the table.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
vampyren

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:52:24 AM

Yea but you are paying miningpoolhub to do that for you so you are losing out on profits. I warn any miner away from any of these auto conversion sites. If you are auto converting to a single coin like ETH, you are leaving a crazy amount of future profit on the table.

That is not true though. Pool fee is 0.9%. The switching dont cost as far as i can see (beside exchange side which is something i cant get rid of either way). I tested it for several weeks and in general i get more out of my rig with mining whats more profitable. That is if the difference is more than 10%.
Even if there is a hidden fee 10% is pretty big. At times the difference is 30% between ETH and Zclassic/Zcash so it really is worth switching.
I do diversify but at the same time i want to build up on my ETH.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: