Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:53:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i am no newbe - do i need to produce data-waste to get an update to regular  (Read 710 times)
rix5 (OP)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:46:28 AM

Hello,

don't want to be whining in the very first post, but i made my homework BEFORE i came here and i got registered because i wanted to contribute to a thread of today with info not posted there so far. My comment could be of value to some. I know what bitcoins are, what they do, how they work, what the outlooks are, tho political and economic implications. I know where the coins come from, i know the altcoins too, i know what kind of people are interested in BTC, i have made my homework ... i am only not a miner (yet)

am I now in this kindergarden? For how long?

Please some mod or admin get me our of here or i leave like i have arrived. Or is it mandatory for every new member to make nonsense-responses to get their post-count up?

Thx
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:49:38 AM

NEWBIE README

rix5 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 08:53:13 AM

and now i get regulated to only ONE post in 360sec? ... if i was too fast my message is also lost?
This is worse than facebook!

thanks for the link favdesu ... didnt read that ... i actually just wnated to comment on a thread in the other section ... now wait another 360 sec again ... i have never seen something like that ... could make sense in most cases - but i dont wanna have it for me. Cheers
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:54:42 AM

it's to prevent spam, I think it's reasonable.

charles2k

Activity: 326

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:06:26 AM

I have a similar opinion as you...
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:14:57 AM

the forums of the first unregulated, decentralized and uncontrollable currency is working like a prison? This must be a joke!
Voluntarists and libertarians should come here to have their facecheck in the noob-area? For real? Please change this, the one who is responsible for this ...

... the mining 'newbe' here proves the point i guess ....
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264112.0
batt01

Activity: 279

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

Hello,

don't want to be whining in the very first post, but i made my homework BEFORE i came here and i got registered because i wanted to contribute to a thread of today with info not posted there so far. My comment could be of value to some. I know what bitcoins are, what they do, how they work, what the outlooks are, tho political and economic implications. I know where the coins come from, i know the altcoins too, i know what kind of people are interested in BTC, i have made my homework ... i am only not a miner (yet)

am I now in this kindergarden? For how long?

Please some mod or admin get me our of here or i leave like i have arrived. Or is it mandatory for every new member to make nonsense-responses to get their post-count up?

Thx

Enjoy your playpen do ya/ Have a graham cracker and a juice box, and take that crayon out your mouth.  Roll Eyes

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:27:27 AM

post in the whitelist request thread clearly and concisely why you should be released from newbie jail. wait for someone to see it. in as little as a few hours you could be out of newbie jail. worth a shot.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
rix5 (OP)

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:49:34 AM

i just coposed a post for that whitelist thread. As i hit 'post' i was logged out and my message was lost. Just f*** it. Also this is the second time i tipe in this very message. I take it as a bad omen and leave the same way i came in. I lost enough time here ... i will only be reading now - contribution failed and i feel offended by this interface. I will be writing in another forum if any at all ...
Have a good one.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:55:49 AM

i just coposed a post for that whitelist thread. As i hit 'post' i was logged out and my message was lost. Just f*** it. Also this is the second time i tipe in this very message. I take it as a bad omen and leave the same way i came in. I lost enough time here ... i will only be reading now - contribution failed and i feel offended by this interface. I will be writing in another forum if any at all ...
Have a good one.
This Chrome extension is creepy as fuck, but might be worth considering: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/comment-save/ndmcbhmmonjkclhmeidccodfhlifmmco?hl=en

I've had the same problem on some other forums. Spend a long time writing something, then a session timeout when you click "post." Click the back button and it's gone.

Fwiw.
MrJay

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:08:27 PM

This Chrome extension is creepy as fuck, but might be worth considering: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/comment-save/ndmcbhmmonjkclhmeidccodfhlifmmco?hl=en

I've had the same problem on some other forums. Spend a long time writing something, then a session timeout when you click "post." Click the back button and it's gone.

Fwiw.

Thanks for that, I shall install it and see how it goes as I also have had session timeouts on other sites.

I'm in the same boat as OP here, newbie to this forum but wanted to comment on another thread and found out I couldn't after wondering WTF was going on and no reply/quote buttons to be seen.

I understand about spammers/scammers and restricting their postings, but what if there isn't a thread in the newbie section that you can or want to comment on?  Are you supposed to just create a new thread and post crap in it to get you started resulting in spam and crap postings in the newbie thread?

Anyway, I think that should be enough lines of text for now, hopefully I can start commenting in a few other discussions.
sevenVII

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:45:52 PM

Short answer: No.

Long(er) answer: Well, unless you know someone on the moderation team and they're willing to make an exception for you and allow you to break the rules that they have in place. The rules are there for a reason and this isn't a democracy, so we have to abide by them.
dondon

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:55:50 PM

I agree it's a bit annoying having to post in the newbie section at first, but after being on other forums that get overrun by spammers I can see why it needs to be done.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: