Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB 1 Bitcoin - via BT (Thailand)  (Read 828 times)
rimbit (OP)

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:54:50 AM

I have no access to my bitcoin exchange in Thailand.

Anyone can help me out with 1 BTC?

Cheers

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fallen666

Activity: 409

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 09:02:36 AM

I have no access to my bitcoin exchange in Thailand.

Anyone can help me out with 1 BTC?

Cheers

BTC is now illegal in thailand I suggest you to be cautious about selling and buying.

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 09:11:19 AM

Yes I am well aware of that.
How they passed this in such a quick time is baffling.
Is it illegal by law or has someone said it is illegal... ?
And what is the definition of exchange... is it at the location of the account or the holder?

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Fallen666

Activity: 409

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 09:37:42 AM

And what is the definition of exchange... is it at the location of the account or the holder?

A usefull link with info

https://bitcoin.co.th/trading-suspended-due-to-bank-of-thailand-advisement/?bettertitle

Sorry for your situation, hope you'll sort it out

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:39:50 AM

It's "illegal" by the Thai Central Bank telling an exchange to better stop doing what it's doing. That's it.
rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:57:54 AM

It's "illegal" by the Thai Central Bank telling an exchange to better stop doing what it's doing. That's it.

So you are telling me that banks make the policies and the Government has no say?

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 11:01:31 AM

A usefull link with info

https://bitcoin.co.th/trading-suspended-due-to-bank-of-thailand-advisement/?bettertitle

Sorry for your situation, hope you'll sort it out

Thanks and I am sure things will sort themselves out. Thailands biggest problems are what they say. In general, they make comments based on no fact, believe they do know the laws (which they dont) and people believe their statements...

And again... thanks for your understanding comment... its much appreciated Smiley

kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:24:55 PM

Banks openly make laws in Thailand?

This agency, Foreign Exchange Administration and Policy Department, supposedly imposed the rules but at the end of that article, "The Bank of Thailand has said they will further consider the issue, but did not give any specific timeline". Oops, actually it was "senior members" of the Policy Department, The Old Boys I guess... bunch of back slappin' no doubt.

That is simply crazy.

Your situation sucks rimbit, best of luck.

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 06:45:57 AM

BTC is not illegal in Thailand, you all got trolled.

Thats what I thought... Then why would the Thai exchange come out with such a statement ?

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:14:43 AM

Thats what I thought... Then why would the Thai exchange come out with such a statement ?

They did not. You got trolled!   

Im lost... https://bitcoin.co.th/en/

The other alternative is they got into some difficulty and used that story to shut down...  Huh

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 07:21:44 AM

They did not. You got trolled!   

Im lost... https://bitcoin.co.th/en/

The other alternative is they got into some difficulty and used that story to shut down...  Huh

That is a suspected scam site that shut down without paying back the investors.

You are going to have to link to a govt site or something. There is no way that company is the Thai stock exchange or Thai bank or anything.

Just cuz some guy who sells 5 btc a month makes a blog post you need to really question why...   

Well, I didnt know that site was a scam site...
I just went there to buy some BTC the other day and saw that on their site, then I got the emails from mates telling me... "I told you so"

Trading suspended due to Bank of Thailand advisement

July 29, 2013

The purpose of the following statement is designed only to give information to our users about our choice to suspend our services.

During the past several months Bitcoin Co. Ltd., in Thailand, has been in the process of registering with the various Thai government agencies in order to operate in a lawful manner.  Included in this due diligence was to reach out to the Bank of Thailand, the governing body that regulates financial transactions in Thailand, and ask for guidance as to any applicable licenses in buying and selling bitcoins.

Initially the Bank of Thailand had bypassed the company’s money exchange license on the basis that Bitcoin was not a currency, however the company was invited back, on July 29th, 2013, to participant in a conference about how Bitcoin works in general, and business operations of Bitcoin Co. Ltd.   The conference was held with about 15 members of the Bank of Thailand in attendance.  During this conference, managing director of Bitcoin Co. Ltd. gave a presentation about the workings of Bitcoin, the benefits of Bitcoin, insight into the company’s operations and future implications of Bitcoin.

At the conclusion of the meeting senior members of the Foreign Exchange Administration and Policy Department advised that due to lack of existing applicable laws, capital controls and the fact that Bitcoin straddles multiple financial facets the following Bitcoin activities are illegal in Thailand:

Buying Bitcoins
    Selling Bitcoins
    Buying any goods or services in exchange for Bitcoins
    Selling any goods or services for Bitcoins
    Sending Bitcoins to anyone located outside of Thailand
    Receiving Bitcoins from anyone located outside of Thailand

Based on such a broad and encompassing advisement, Bitcoin Co. Ltd. therefore has no choice but to suspend operations until such as time that the laws in Thailand are updated to account for the existance of Bitcoin.  The Bank of Thailand has said they will further consider the issue, but did not give any specific timeline.

Bitcoin Co. Ltd. has currency exchange applications currently pending review with the Bank of Thailand.

rimbit (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:42:55 AM

it is a suspected scam site.

and what they claim they have no evidence to back it up.

i have been calling the thai bank and so far no one has heard of bitcoin but i am still trying to reach key people.

Super... I would have tried, but my Thai is non existent and I have enough trouble just asking them for basic bank procedures...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: