Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 is the years of altcoins???  (Read 218 times)
Levieth02ng (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:26:44 AM

Looking for a new crypto/coin to invest in that’s going to be promising and make a KILLING 2018. Also I want that crypto/coin to be Ledger supported so I can be safe/secure. Any suggestions? And details would be greatly appreciated. Going to do my homework on all recommendations/referrals before investing! Have to diversify even more Wink

QTUM, Stellar and OMG so far is catching my eye. Any details to add onto them or any other Ledger supported Cryptos/Coins that you guys love and will make a huge noise in 2018?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:29:56 AM

there are a lot of good altcoins that will grow in 2018, I see today like BCH, will follow ETH, or maybe BCH will be a close friend of BTC.

blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:36:38 AM

Its a doge year in chinese, maybe doge will rise and shine next year. Yeah i still lover ether and all of his token though
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:53:38 AM

there are a lot of good altcoins that will grow in 2018, I see today like BCH, will follow ETH, or maybe BCH will be a close friend of BTC.
now a hot talk, yes the end of BCH has now risen in popularity and has made many people have speculation that it will approach BTC.
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:01:03 AM

One that's incredibly unique would be polymath. They are a platform for launching security token projects. Aiming for the finance sector and essentially they're creating the stock market on blockchain. So far it's just private sales, but my hope is that they hit exchanges. They are the first of their kind and as most people have heard, securities will be the future and booming sector of 2018 and beyond. https://polymath.network/

telegram: https://t.me/polymathnetwork
bornforfreedom

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:02:37 AM

Another one that I'm a huge fan of would be ITC. If you're into IoT, they're the up and coming. They solve the security issues and inefficiencies of the IoT architecture. Only listed on 3 exchanges as of now, but their community has been growing very quickly it's insane. They have 3x'd in the past few months. https://iotchain.io/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UUQFGav30bdT1nwlBbb4bEsnqkAMVWAr2N1fV_Nh9jY/edit#heading=h.drqwrxyo9gfz
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:01:12 AM

If bitcoin stop the continue growht, alt will increase 10/100 times their value

It could possibly happened in this year 2018 as a year of altcoins. Because it happened in 2017 that bitcoin very tremendously increase its value up to $20K then suddenly down to $14K. As the altcoins follows the same thing with bitcoin because bitcoin has many fork base on the fork website, this year making altscoins year. This a good year to invest altcoins.
rhenrhen

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:14:29 AM

Fingers-crossed for 2018! Hopefully this will be a good start for me since I am planning to invest to Bitcoin my stock in a bank. I am always very positive for the coming year. I pray that everyone will also be approachable for I know a lot of questions will be raised especially us newbies. Thank you and more power.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:19:37 AM

I am more interested in omg and I think it will be potentially good in the future. Omg is the favorite alt of ethereum founder, you can see his statement in his tweet following https://mobile.twitter.com/vitalikbuterin/status/940429788673536000?lang=id
ngovanngoc

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:47:03 AM

4 Key Reasons Why DeepOnion Will Become The Top Anoncoin In 2018​

1. COMMUNICATION

As we all know, a good crypto project not only needs good technology, but also needs an active and growing community. The way DeepOnion (or DO) grows its community is truly genious. See, most crypto coins grow their community by placing an invite link to chat groups like Slack, Telegram, Ryver, Discord, etc. on their website. These chat groups are useful in the beginning, but tend to get messy quick as the number of users increases. It is not often that you have to go through 200 messages in these chat groups of which only 10 messages are of importance to the project.

DeepOnion takes a different approach. Instead of communicating through these chat apps, DO created the DeepOnion forum. This forum lets DO users from all over the world connect with eachother and allow them to share ideas on how to improve DO technology, tackle marketing, post design propositions, and many other topics. The structurized manner in which these forum posts are classified make it an easy forum for both veterans and newcomers to educate themselves on the DeepOnion project.

2. MARKETING

The DeepOnion forum not only serves as a communication tool, but is also apprehended as a marketing tool. The users of DeepOnion forum get DeepPoints for reading, commenting and creating new threads. These DeepPoints are converted to Onion tokens every sunday and are automatically sent to the appropriate Onion wallet addresses.

Thus users of the forum get rewarded for being active, which in turn grows the community, which in turn increases the interest in DeepOnion. It’s a win-win marketing strategy and they know it.

On top of these DeepPoints, DO organizes weekly bounty campaigns for the best article, meme or video. Looking at the current price of DeepOnion standing at $3.00, and looking at the bounty program rewards for the 22nd week (of 40 weeks in total), we see that a decent meme can get you about $150 already. The bounty for the best meme of the week is the lowest reward you can get. Writing a good article can get you around 100 Onions which amounts to $300. Not bad for a day's work right.

But, the best is yet to come. To distribute the Onion tokens the team behind DeepOnion took a different approach. Instead of launching an ICO to distribute Onion tokens amongst the population, DO launches a weekly airdrop.

And I must say : the airdrops are F-E-N-O-M-I-N-A-L !!

Currently the airdrops are in the 23rd week of 40 planned weekly airdrops in total. For those of us who fear that all Onion tokens are already distributed I say fear not!

In the first 16 rounds of the airdrops, DeepOnion dropped 3.2 million Onions to the active airdrop users. Calculating this price with the current $3.00 per Onion token this amounts to roughly 9.6 million USD that was distributed amongst the active DeepOnion population.

Better yet, in rounds 16 to 40 of the airdrop, the DeepOnion team will distribute another 6.8 million to the active airdrop members, amounting to another 20.4 million USD that will be airdropped in the following weeks.

Details on how to apply to these airdrops can be found on their website using the following link : https://deeponion.org/airdrop.html (DeepOnion - Join the DeepOnion Airdrop)

Through these bounty programs, Deeppoints and Airdrops, the DeepOnion community continues to grow everyday. And because of the incentive to be active, the community is amongst the best I have seen in crypto projects. The DeepOnion community is built on a strong base of active users which will prove to be a foundation for the future.

3. FULL ANONIMITY

I have talked a lot about marketing and bounty programs of DeepOnion, these are the start of the adoption process of a cryptocurrency, but of course everybody knows that the real longterm value of a coin is derived from its technology and usability.

DeepOnion tackles a major financial problem found in both blockchain and non-blockchain markets, namely : transactions can be traced and seen by everybody and third parties can track your every spending. You might not be aware of it, but every action you make online is tracked and stored in databases and this information is sold to big corporations, who use it for commercial reasons; governments, who use it for controlling reasons; or even third parties, who use it for other, possibly malicious reasons.

As large insititutions are trying to regulate the crypto market, and internet neutrality is at the brink of extinction, the need for anonymous transactions becomes ever so important. DeepOnion guarantees this anonymity by fully integrating their transactions through the Tor Network. The Tor network works by encrypting your IP address through several layers of encryption. Making transactions through the Tor network thus not only encrypts the transactions but also shields the senders’ and recipients’ IP addresses from their peers.

Tor network integration is already implemented in the DeepOnion wallet. However, to further increase the anonymity of the transactions and its users, DeepOnion will release an additional feature called DeepSend. Deepsend will allow users to hide the transaction trace by using a multi-signature method.

Thus, by encrypting the user's wallet, transaction information, and transaction traces; DeepOnion creates a true, fully anonymous cryptocurrency into the market.

4. NETWORK SPEED & FEES

As the main usability of Onion tokens will be to perform anonymous transactions, a fast and trustworthy network is necessary to ensure the longterm usability of the Onion token. Bitcoin was originally created to handle global scale transactions, but as the global adoption rose, bitcoins’ network fell behind.

The average block interval of Bitcoin is about 600 seconds. A block holds a block size of 1 MB. An average transaction block is about 500 Bytes. Thus, 1 MB = 1,000,000 Bytes divided by 600 seconds gives us 1,667 Bytes/second. Since each transaction block is about 500 Bytes, Bitcoin is only able to process 3-4 transactions/second.

For BitcoinCash the block size was improved to 8 MB, this increases the transaction speed to about 8 x 3-4 transactions/second = 24-32 transactions per second. This is already a major improvement as compared to the speed of the Bitcoin blockchain, but DeepOnion offers more.

DeepOnion has an average block interval of 48 seconds. A block holds 1.5 MB of data. Thus, 1.5 MB = 1,500,000 Bytes divided by 48 seconds = 31,250 Bytes per second. Since each transaction block is about 500 Bytes, the amount of transactions the network can handle per second is about 62.5 transactions/second.

Thus, as a comparison, the DeepOnion network will perform 15 to 20 times faster than Bitcoin and about 2 times faster than BitcoinCash. What an improvement!

On top of the faster transaction speed, DeepOnion also tackles the expensive fees that recently struck Bitcoin. Today, Bitcoins’ average fees have surged to $23. This is completely preposterous as the beauty of the blockchain lies within both the speed of the network and the low fees to add the transactions.

When a transaction is added to the DeepOnion network, a mere fee of $0.004 is applied per transaction, making DeepOnion transaction fees over 5,000 times cheaper than those of Bitcoin.
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:56:04 AM

Will 2018 be the year of the altcoins? Yes I think so, Bitcoin has been pretty dominant this year even with the forks that have spawned additional versions. I think the one coin to watch out for in 2018 will be Centra they will take over the Crypto Card market and then launch a major crypto market place. 

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
antongee28

Activity: 75
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:16:05 AM

Coindesk thinks in 2018 big banks will start buying crypto.

"In 2018, things will be different. G7 central banks will start buying cryptocurrencies to bolster their foreign reserves. In 2018, G7 central banks will witness bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies becoming the biggest international currency by market capitalization. This event, together with the global nature of cryptocurrencies with 24/7 trading access, will make it intuitive to own cryptocurrencies as they become a de-facto investment as part of a central banks investment tranche. Cryptocurrencies will also fulfil a new requirement as digital gold".

What do you think?
MacRohard

Activity: 212

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:34:26 AM

Coindesk thinks in 2018 big banks will start buying crypto.

"In 2018, things will be different. G7 central banks will start buying cryptocurrencies to bolster their foreign reserves. In 2018, G7 central banks will witness bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies becoming the biggest international currency by market capitalization. This event, together with the global nature of cryptocurrencies with 24/7 trading access, will make it intuitive to own cryptocurrencies as they become a de-facto investment as part of a central banks investment tranche. Cryptocurrencies will also fulfil a new requirement as digital gold".

What do you think?
I totally agree with this view. 2017 is a popular year of cryptocurrency. and now, 2018 is the development of crypto. Many and many coporations will accept crypto in payment for their survices.

SearchingforS

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:37:14 AM

I think yes because BTC will probably fall...so some alts will take serious positions!

Phil419She

Activity: 346

BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:39:54 AM

I think I will still root for ethereum,  seeing how it has made development in these months made it really interesting.  It could really be big by the end of 2018. 

raliyat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:40:42 AM

I not agree with you due to fall of bitcoin altcoin grow means its is not by its performance and altcoin will be more worse will be defeated. One more thing we have to analyze is bitcoin performance after every dip so I think bitcoin will be bounce back and continue its progress for sure.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:48:18 AM

I think it can be, this year some alt coin price rising is better than bitcoin, more and more small investors is focusing on alt coin because it is cheaper and it able to get better profit in short term and 2018 we will see alt coin set a good foundation as a lot  of project is waiting for them, a lot of speculator predicted that alt coin is going to be more profitable than bitcoin in 2018
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:29:10 AM

NEM/XEM would be a great coin to incest in 2018 but I don’t know if it is a Ledger supported coin though or you can invest in Deep Onion too, it’s one of the coin I would want to invest in next year once I get my salary.
Snorren

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:32:03 AM

Yes it will be. Why? It has been easy for newbies to buy BTC, ETH and LTC on coinbase so far. To buy other tokens you need more complicated exchange or different types of wallets. Most people can't do this. In 2018 this process will become super simple and media will start reporting on alts ("diz guy earned 1 gazzillion i TWO SECONDS with diz new internet money-thing")

Plus there will be IRS crackdown on BTC gains so Monero will 4x in price.
danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:50:53 AM

Yes it is and you will see coins like Ethereum and Ripple skyrocket. They are becoming more and more popular so you expect them at a new ATH.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: