Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:38:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks  (Read 171452 times)
-marginal-

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:18:35 AM

Hi!

Can anyone shine some light on how do BTC companies outside of the US and the EU pull liquidity from US exchanges  s.a. Gemini or GDAX?
We´re in Latin America and are thinking of opening an LLC in the US to send funds from our local bank to the LLC and from there to international exchanges to get liquidity for our operation. We just don’t know if the U.S. will allow our LLC to exist (given its only objective is to receive our funds and channel them to exchanges that don't operate in our country) or if we´re going to be able to get a bank account over there. If it's not in the US, maybe there’s an EU country that is friendly to our sort of operation? I personally send money to my accounts in Germany to operate in European exchanges, but I'm an individual, and as an operation we would be needing to have a local business bank account in the country where we build the partner company.

Thanks in advance! Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:39:40 PM

Something is wrong in SLOVAKIA !

Seems Banks are being told to block anything to do with Bitcoin and Digital currencies.

My gf's bank Tatra Bank (one, if not the biggest in Slovakia) straight up REJECTS anything from anywhere to do with BTC/Digital Currencies.

Now, Prima Bank, that was fine for last 12 months, today they told us, no more deposits from Bitstamp to our accounts.

Both these are big banks and REJECT BITCOIN.  I think they are planning new tax laws or something here, so for now, blocking anything. Now Bitcoin is getting more adopted and knowing what greedy robbing bastards the government is and banks, they will be planning some heavy taxes in the near future.

Traders gamble with their money and many lose, those lucky enough to make gains are most likely going to see 20%+ tax on their winnings.

Luckily i also have UK bank.  I have had no problems so far with them, so hopefully it will continue, i will say a big FU. to the banks here in the mean time, stupid, backwards, idiots......

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
Love!

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:39:00 PM

Does anyone know the status of BBVA Compass in the U.S.? It's a good bank in all other regards, so I'm hoping it's also BC friendly. It sure would make my life easy if it were.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:03:22 PM

There is nothing that a bank can legally do to stop your use of Bitcoins and if they temporarily slow you down, then a law suit will fully reign in your favor.  That means that opposition is a good thing. 

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
2girls

Activity: 1002
Merit: 254

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:05:01 PM

If you are trading, and even if your percentage is as high as ours, there is a chance of loss.  If the bank stops your funds, then your chance of winning a lawsuit is 100% and that is a step up from the trading floor.

ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 08:35:15 PM

If you are trading, and even if your percentage is as high as ours, there is a chance of loss.  If the bank stops your funds, then your chance of winning a lawsuit is 100% and that is a step up from the trading floor.
If it is about government and bitcoin debate then Bitcoin will definitely win.Bitcoin is crypto currency which is famous all around the world. If government even ban the bitcoin in a country but country cannot stop people to invest. There are many ways to cash out bitcoin. So bitcoin is best and never defeated. So i will prefer that there is now law created for to stop bitcoin.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:42:44 AM

Wow war banks vs bitcoin. I think this is an interesting thread. banks will not loose their market because new financial system. The blockchain system has caused banks think because the users of bitcoin are growing. As we know most bitcoin or cryptocurrency holders not depend on banking, that's the fact that banks not like bitcoin users.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:12:35 AM

Bitcoin users will never trust the banking system. Even if the authorities of some countries recognize bitcoin and allowed banks operations with cryptocurrency. The very concept of bitcoin is contrary to the usage in the banking system.
Jamacn

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 08:28:59 AM

wow~~

thanks a lot, this is great useful to me!
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

wow~~

thanks a lot, this is great useful to me!

Unfortunately,we were still in that unknown country, we doesn't have bank still that accepting btc,but there are banks that are easy to do cashout some can be for hour waiting confirmation to do cashout but there is one bank or security bank were too few at the moment that can do it instant not long waiting confirmation ,no need for card too.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:10:51 AM

You can add to your list Payza. They also support bitcoin. They do the conversion of course through the exchanger but so do all. I'm not interested in the recognition of bitcoin by the government or banks. We always have the opportunity to use our coins.
Mangalica

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 20, 2017, 04:47:42 AM

Did some research and it looks like the problem is on the Bitstamp side. Actually it seems like OTP is rater Bitcoin friendly:

https://translate.google.hu/translate?hl=en&sl=hu&u=https://www.otpbank.hu/privatebanking/Hir%3Fid%3D45546&prev=search

Just because one of their worker drones wrote an article about a hot topic on their pathetic private banking website doesn't mean they can't be blocking BTC related transfers as a policy.
I do not (yet) have any evidence to confirm Bitstamp's claims but a hostile OTP would be a blow Hungarians as they are the biggest bank in the country. They also happen to handle EUR/SEPA for a host of smaller institutions.
kenrom

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 02:32:36 AM

which banks in the US are bitcoin friendly?
Sacho Maggs

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 11:12:20 PM

Hi,

Would like to share this info:
HSBC in Hong Kong declined to open a bank account for us. They took 1 and a half weeks to tell us this while we were waiting for the account opening documents.

Noncetech will start pre-orders for its first official bitcoin mining rigs and cards next week, so HSBC has really inconvenienced us.

HSBC has a global policy against customer's crypto-trading. Following their $1.8 billion SEC-fine for laundering money for Mexican drug cartel, they are likely to remain on the sidelines for years to come.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:18:29 AM

Op can you update a little.

For Hungary citizens announcement. OTP bank is know that accepted bitcoin payment not they dont, but there is a catch.
Open credit card account in this bank you can receive 2000 dollars a day max without any checking from bank and transactions are instant, with no trace that is from bitcoin exchange.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Ejanend

Activity: 460
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:51:20 PM

Op can you update a little.

For Hungary citizens announcement. OTP bank is know that accepted bitcoin payment not they dont, but there is a catch.
Open credit card account in this bank you can receive 2000 dollars a day max without any checking from bank and transactions are instant, with no trace that is from bitcoin exchange.

Well the acceptance of the bitcoin is now increasing in a lot of countries bitcoin is acceptable and it is increasing the price more and more…I wanted to inform anyone looking well forgo is hostile. I  conformed with a source working for the well forgo the use to see the both owned and the business accounts related to the bitcoin be the risk but some of friends are using the open banks in their country.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
goblinman

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 05:35:30 PM

Anyone have information regarding which UK bank is the best for crypto related activites? Worried that if I actually do make any money and try to withdraw it, bank will freeze/suspend account and lock up my money...Anyone have experience with this? Please chime in, appreciate it.
THX 1138

Activity: 208
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:10:40 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2017, 06:31:42 PM by THX 1138

I've been looking into crypto-friendly UK banks myself as I don't want my current account suddenly frozen. Up to now, I've used https://bittylicious.com/ to buy crypto, which involves sending a direct payment to an individual from your account (Lloyds for me, notoriously crypto-UNfriendly!); so this doesn't probably flag use of bitcoin etc. Though I'm rather a small player.

For me, it's converting crypto to fiat which is of most concern. Previously I've used Sweden-based https://safello.com/ who have wired fiat to my regular bank account.

(I'll concede that neither Bittylicious or Safello have especially competitive rates but they have worked for me.)

After doing a little research I've come up with https://www.fidor.com/ where you then exchange euros for pounds at your bank, or http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/limited-access-online-saver/features-and-benefits if you don't hold a current account with them.

A subreddit on the subject that might be of interest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/comments/626tqv/crypto_and_uk_banks/

Also keen to hear feedback from anyone else in the UK who can suggest crypto-friendly banks / building societies. Also, I notice someone earlier suggested credit unions as another possibility. Anyone tried yet?

One other option I'm considering is transferring BTC/ETH to a TenX debit card*, which of course can then be used via Visa to purchase items (or pay bills etc) using fiat; though there is likely to be a whole can of worms opened up there regarding tax! Still, I've ordered a card anyway through their app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onebit.app

*TenX:

https://www.tenx.tech/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TenX/
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:05:57 AM

My bank is technically hostile toward Bitcoin in terms of using it for business. However, they do not look much into it and are also invested in the blockchain, so probably better than most banks.
CryptoScotland

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Crypto Scotland Investor Digital Currency

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:24:50 PM

Hi,

Any updated banks for UK,  Was using Tide Digital Business Account but was shut down in 7 weeks.

Any update on the list as was trading Bitcoin on LocalBitcoin and now looking to find another Bank Account

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: