Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:28:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks  (Read 171452 times)
VeverkaT

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:10:45 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2017, 07:28:20 PM by VeverkaT

Banks do only what clients do allowthem to do.
Easy.
One rejected payment = close your account.
I did.

How would you call a bank without clients?
Still a bank?
Perhaps Empty Bank.

Come one people, have some balls, don't let them F*** you. It's THEM who need US, and not US who needs THEM. FIAT will stay alive, and will work WITHOUT BANKS. So would any and each coin.

Bank is a middleman of lazy. Use cash. Do not be lazy. Cash smells better than virtual numbers. But I must admit, coins smells even better, when on a bull ride.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoScotland

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Crypto Scotland Investor Digital Currency

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:32:31 PM

Banks do only what clients do allowthem to do.
Easy.
One rejected payment = close your account.
I did.

How would you call a bank without clients?
Still a bank?
Perhaps Empty Bank.

Come one people, have some balls, don't let them F*** you. It's THEM who need US, and not US who needs THEM. FIAT will stay alive, and will work WITHOUT BANKS. So would any and each coin.

Bank is a middleman of lazy. Use cash. Do not be lazy. Cash smells better than virtual numbers. But I must admit, coins smells even better, when on a bull ride.

Exactly one charge back or reversal account closed.....

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
Jebus

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:51:32 PM

Balls, I just tried to buy some crypto with my bank card and the bank rejected the transaction. I was irritated initially but was going to let it go. After reading this thread, i feel i need to close my accounts with them as a matter of self respect. I hate how much power we've given them with OUR money.
numizmat

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:34:03 AM

Nordea Bank (operates mainly in Northern Europe) has openly criticized Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general since 2014. It has now gone a step further to ban all of its employees from owning cryptocurrencies: Nordea Bank Forbids Employees From Owning Cryptocurrencies

All levels have been put on notice: tellers, secretaries, IT personnel, and even cleaners and support staff - it is a surprise that all employees are banned – it is one thing to ban those engaged directly in the bank’s transactions, but it is another thing to ban cleaners too.

Nordea is not the first bank to ban crypto for its employees. JP Morgan has also taken a tough stance on Bitcoin, and CEO Jamie Damon threatened to fire anyone even suspected of owning crypto.
CryptoScotland

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:46:13 PM

Nordea Bank (operates mainly in Northern Europe) has openly criticized Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general since 2014. It has now gone a step further to ban all of its employees from owning cryptocurrencies: Nordea Bank Forbids Employees From Owning Cryptocurrencies

All levels have been put on notice: tellers, secretaries, IT personnel, and even cleaners and support staff - it is a surprise that all employees are banned – it is one thing to ban those engaged directly in the bank’s transactions, but it is another thing to ban cleaners too.

Nordea is not the first bank to ban crypto for its employees. JP Morgan has also taken a tough stance on Bitcoin, and CEO Jamie Damon threatened to fire anyone even suspected of owning crypto.

All these bank's I am Positive are involved in trading activities of Crypto Currencies,  They just don't want the public involved.  Bank's in 2-5 years may not even exist!

2008 was only a trailer what is next let's see...

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
dante.dmc

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:14:35 PM

Are there any European Banks at the moment that could accept to open business accounts for crypto exchanges?
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:22:11 PM

Chase Bank Credit is getting hostile according to the following thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/7v11pj/chase_bank_credit_is_now_treating_coinbase_as/

They are treating purchases of bitcoin as cash advances and are charging a $10 cash advance fee.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:16:52 PM

Another update:

LLoyds Bank of the UK, has banned people buying bitcoin with credit cards:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/feb/05/lloyds-bank-bans-buying-bitcoins-credit-cards

Lloyds Banking Group has banned credit card customers from buying bitcoin amid fears it could be left in debt as the cryptocurrency’s value deflates.

The banking giant, which includes Halifax, MBNA and Bank of Scotland, is thought to be the first in the UK to ban credit card customers from borrowing to buy the cyptocurrency, which has more than halved in value in recent months.
Bitcoin: is it a bubble waiting to burst or a good investment?
Read more

Bitcoin’s slide has led to concerns that people who borrow money to purchase it will be left with large debts if the virtual currency continues to depreciate.

Significant numbers of people in Britain are thought to have bought bitcoin as it surged in value, peaking at nearly $20,000 (£14,465) in December. As news of Lloyds’s ban emerged on Sunday the value was about $8,000 (£5,700).

A spokeswoman for the banking group said: “Across Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland, Halifax and MBNA, we do not accept credit card transactions involving the purchase of cryptocurrencies.”

I think they still allow wire transfers of cash.

If you are in the UK, just to be safe, open a second current account that is outside the Lloydes group for your crypto stuff.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:48:30 AM

Another update, this time for Australian banks:

http://bitcoinist.com/australia-banks-wont-ban-buying-bitcoin/

Australia’s biggest banks currently have no plans to bar their customers from buying and selling Bitcoin with credit and debit cards.

ANZ told ABC news that it “does not prohibit customers buying digital or cryptocurrencies, or accepting them as a form of payment.”

However, ANZ’s spokesperson did reveal that the bank monitors transactions for  “unusual behaviour” to prevent potential fraud in accordance with its “regulatory responsibilities.” Moreover, the bank does not do business with companies “that operate as issuers, dealers or exchanges of digital or cryptocurrency.”

This is because ANZ considers such businesses to be “unregulated and therefore not within ANZ policy.”

Meanwhile, National Australia Bank suggested it could halt cryptocurrency transactions if security concerns arise, such as the still-too-common theft of funds stored on online exchanges. NAB’s spokesperson said:

ASIC advises that, as most of the virtual currency exchange platforms are generally not regulated, customers may not be protected or have any legal recourse if the platform fails or is hacked.

We take the protection of our customers’ information and accounts extremely seriously to reduce the risk for our customers, and to help protect their money, some card transactions may not be processed.

Meanwhile, a spokesperson from Westpac bank put it more simply, stating:

We currently have no restrictions on credit card use to purchase cryptocurrency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoScotland

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

Banks cracking up there day's are number.

Don't see any British bank interested which is stupid and they are loosing a Multi Billion dollar industry here

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:26:16 PM

Don't see any British bank interested which is stupid and they are loosing a Multi Billion dollar industry here
something very strongly you are opposed to the banking system. Especially Britain is not a country of the Third World, but quite a developed country with its outstanding economy ..
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:22:17 PM

Dunno if this topic is updated but i would like to suggest adding OTP bank from Hungary. You can transfer bitcoin to them on credit account not bank account. If you transfer to bank account they will not give you only if you send to credit account.

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Carmen03

Activity: 83

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:34:51 AM

The list of bitcoin hostile bank are : The Bangladesh Bank,Chinese Bank,Central Bank of Jordan,Vietnam,Central Bank of Bolivia, National Assemble of Ecuador, Iceland, National bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, Taiwanese Supervisory Commission.
CryptoScotland

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:16:37 PM

The list of bitcoin hostile bank are : The Bangladesh Bank,Chinese Bank,Central Bank of Jordan,Vietnam,Central Bank of Bolivia, National Assemble of Ecuador, Iceland, National bank of the Kyrgyz Republic, Taiwanese Supervisory Commission.

All the bank's in the worlds then I guess lol

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
CryptoScotland

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

something very strongly you are opposed to the banking system. Especially Britain is not a country of the Third World, but quite a developed country with its outstanding economy ..

Quite a developed and controlled country know many people whom had accounts frozen and fund's locked up and banks holding funds for years because they sold Bitcoin.  What's the crime that is surely worse than 3rd world.

Really do hope the bank's are finished sick of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H Ali
Crypto Scotland Buyer
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 12:25:32 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2018, 12:51:10 AM by freedomno1

This is a topic that needs maintenance given the climate in Canada I feel it is worth updating the status on Canadian banks.

The main five banks are restricting or limiting the use of a clients funds to purchase any cryptocurrency through third party intermediary banks if they are told the main objective is investments or if the exchange even has a function to purchase cryptocurrency.  

The media focus is on Visa's and Interac Online it is becoming difficult to fund from certain banks unless you multi-bank a recent example is Quadrigacx and Coinsquare no longer do interac online with the RBC due to recent changes.
Account funding is still possible through Scotiabank BMO and TD.

In my personal experience I recently tried to fund an exchange account with a Wire transfer and was explicitly told I cannot take money out of my own chequing account, for the purpose of buying cryptocurrency with the RBC.

Since the bank seems to want to decide what I do with my own money, I would strongly recommend looking at a list of credit unions in your area to have a second account with.

Each banking institution is in a different state of restriction regarding cryptocurrencies and funding accounts can be difficult as the trend seems to be moving towards a general shutdown of all cryptocurrency purchase options.

This is regardless of debit or credit card status and it may be a real pain if they shut down your account to have all your bills moved.

The most viable solution while the banks are sorting out how to make a profit from blockchain and restricting access to client funds, is simply to bypass them where possible and use alternatives.

I would recommend looking at a list of participating institutions for the exchange you use if your bank does not support cryptocurrency and move your money to where you utilize it.
As consumers and users we have the freedom to choose who we bank with and a monetary penalty is one way to show them your vote for their policies, best of luck to all fellow crypto users.
http://interac.ca/en/interac-online-consumer

https://www.coindesk.com/bank-of-montreal-expands-crypto-purchase-ban/
https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/bankingusertips/notices/communications/CryptoCurrency.html
https://globalnews.ca/news/4043711/td-bank-bar-customers-credit-buy-cryptocurrency/
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinCA/comments/829xfk/i_just_got_this_email_from_scotiabank_regarding/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/888d25/cibc_bank_closes_down_my_account_for_trading/

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:40:16 AM

Another bitcoin friendly bank:

https://www.coindesk.com/metropolitan-bank-crypto-bitcoin-clients-millions/

To most banks in the U.S., cryptocurrency businesses are pariahs. To Metropolitan Commercial Bank, they're "pioneers."

At least, that's how the New York financial institution's chief technology officer, Nick Rosenberg, describes them.

"We're certainly very interested in growing this vertical," Rosenberg told CoinDesk of the bank's crypto clientele. "We've learned that it's a serious industry. There are some very smart people involved. There are some very interesting ideas coming out that could really change the way people do business."

While most banks cling to the adage "blockchain not bitcoin," Metropolitan stands out simply by being one of the very few to enthusiastically court deposit business from crypto firms.

These clients include a few exchanges, as well as hedge funds and other crypto investors that bank at Metropolitan because it's easier to quickly move their money to those exchanges. (To be clear: the bank only handles fiat for customers and does not touch crypto itself.)

So far, it's proven a lucrative niche for Metropolitan. In the first quarter, cash management and foreign exchange conversion fees from cryptocurrency clients totaled $3.4 million, the bank disclosed in an investor presentation. This helped drive a more than 300 percent increase from a year earlier in Metropolitan's total non-interest income, to $5.4 million, according to a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

If that doesn't sound like a lot of money, keep in mind that Metropolitan is a community bank

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:44:52 PM

rate banks and tell your story at -> www.moonbanking.com
FreddyFox

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

Another friendly European bank is Privat Bank. It will be especially useful for Europe and especially the former socialist camp. You can pay and invest.
milhouse

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:42:59 AM

What about Spanish ING bank?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: