Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:57:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recursive Acronym: CIYAM ==> CIYAM Is You And Me  (Read 844 times)
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 11:05:15 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

I thought I'd create a topic to more formally introduce CIYAM and explain what the project is all about.

Having worked as a software engineer for many years I became frustrated with the growing trend of "copy and paste" programming and wanted to create a platform that would enable the fast creation of web applications using a completely different technique (which I have termed "Software Manufacturing").

The system generates source code (there is literally *no* manual source code in an application that is created properly with a CIYAM system). I chose C++ as the source code to generate because my expertise is programming C++ (since the 90's) but the platform itself could actually be ported to another language (provided someone built a compatible application server in another language).

Initially the technology platform (prior to being open source) was used to create an application for a client in China and in fact that system has been running for years with no bug reports for at least the last 2 years.

That technology platform was then turned into the CIYAM open source project last year (https://github.com/ciyam/ciyam) which was then used to create the CIYAM Open Project Management platform (http://ciyam.org/open).

The CIYAM Open project (being the first application written using the open source CIYAM web application technology platform) has been designed to provide a new kind of work environment for exciting and (from a privacy and monetary perspective) important projects such as Moneychanger and Xenland's P2P Crypt.

We are interested in finding new developers (mentoring can be provided by myself in exchange for some work) and helping out other interesting projects.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:54:13 PM

Sounds like the first steps to assembly line programing, you can have any UI you want as long as it's black!
No bugs for two years is quite a feat, i'd like to see microsoft claim that

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: