Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EVE Bitcoin Corp  (Read 2515 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 12:25:56 PM

Introducing Bitcoin's EVE corporation. Drop by and say hi!

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:06:08 PM

hah, neat, I imagine there is a quite a few bitcoin eve players around here...  Roll Eyes
lexxus

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:21:22 PM

Always wanted to try EVE. Maybe this is it.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

I played for years starting in '04 IIRC. I think I enjoyed the chat more than the game itself. Eve attracts intelligent people. Eve and Bitcoin make a good team. I could see an Eve/Bitcoin radio station as quite entertaining.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
threeip

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 06:36:38 PM

I sold all my accounts and assets for Bitcoin.

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ GPG:2AFD99BB ಠ_ಠ mon
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 12:30:44 AM

pretty awesome!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:36:38 AM

I played for years starting in '04 IIRC. I think I enjoyed the chat more than the game itself. Eve attracts intelligent people. Eve and Bitcoin make a good team. I could see an Eve/Bitcoin radio station as quite entertaining.

Seems that way.

Maybe you should start that radio.

Always wanted to try EVE. Maybe this is it.

Go4it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:43:14 AM

The learning curve of EVE is ohmygodwat

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:38:20 AM

It isn't as bad as it used to be. Like bitcoin if there are things you aren't getting you need to read/lurk moar.

Atruk

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:29:31 AM

Kinda like Bitcoin. Smiley

When you think you understand Bitcoin completely ... you have stopped trying.

You might have explained it better than I did.

The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 04:45:48 AM

YES! Some of the members of our Cooperative are into EVE. Or rather, the operator of this account is into EVE, and has been convincing the other members to forgive Microsoft and reinstall virtual Windows on their Linux machines so we can all play. I was going to make a corporation not explicitly about Bitcoin, though, for fear they would think we're exchanging ISK for real currency (Bitcoin counts as that, of course) and ban our corporation. But I guess if you're pulling it off, we should join you! Soon as I get the chance to log on and play again!

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
Atruk

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:51:51 AM

YES! Some of the members of our Cooperative are into EVE. Or rather, the operator of this account is into EVE, and has been convincing the other members to forgive Microsoft and reinstall virtual Windows on their Linux machines so we can all play. I was going to make a corporation not explicitly about Bitcoin, though, for fear they would think we're exchanging ISK for real currency (Bitcoin counts as that, of course) and ban our corporation. But I guess if you're pulling it off, we should join you! Soon as I get the chance to log on and play again!

It runs well in Wine.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:14:20 PM

Kinda like Bitcoin. Smiley

When you think you understand Bitcoin completely ... you have stopped trying.

Word.

convincing the other members to forgive Microsoft and reinstall virtual Windows on their Linux machines so we can all play.

You absolutely don't need windows to run it (or else MP wouldn't play it). Works on wine just fine I'm told.

It runs well in Wine.

Drats, beat again.

Anyway, the corp membership is slowly swelling, we're working to put a research POS up in Iro, good times.

donsanto

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:22:19 PM

Hi,

I just seen your post and applied to join your corp. I see your looking to drop a POS does the corp have high enough standing to anchor one? If you just need a tower I may be able to assist with that I have a couple spares laying around.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:48:41 PM

Is there a ts, mumble, or vent server?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Atruk

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:06:12 AM

From the original advertisement on Trilema, I don't believe there will be. Honestly, it is one thing I'd rather do without.

BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 01:40:03 PM

From the original advertisement on Trilema, I don't believe there will be. Honestly, it is one thing I'd rather do without.

Yeah, skype sort of replaces that now'n days for my group at least, we just skype call when we want to do something and add who's interested, a lot simpler than setting up TS/vent for everyone.
Hamguy

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:18:43 AM

not bitcoin related but here is a minecraft style eve game

http://star-made.org/

maybe you can contact the dev and ask have him implement bitcoins as currency.
its still in development. Smiley
The Bitcoin Co-op
Legendary

Activity: 1268

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:22:17 AM

Yeah, skype sort of replaces that now'n days for my group at least, we just skype call when we want to do something and add who's interested, a lot simpler than setting up TS/vent for everyone.
I despise corporations (or guilds, alliances, etc.) that force you to adopt their verbal communication protocol. Sometimes I don't want to hear people on the mic. I actually enjoy the atmosphere without it, and I type quickly enough to make it unnecessary, I think. Kudos to 1Bitcoin for this policy.

We work hard to promote Bitcoin adoption and the decentralization of society. You can support our efforts by donating BTC to 35wDNxFhDB6Ss8fgijUUpn2Yx6sggDgGqS
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:35:00 PM

I despise corporations (or guilds, alliances, etc.) that force you to adopt their verbal communication protocol. Sometimes I don't want to hear people on the mic. I actually enjoy the atmosphere without it, and I type quickly enough to make it unnecessary, I think. Kudos to 1Bitcoin for this policy.
Mostly pvp corps require comms.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: