Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 05:11:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Bachelor Thesis in Sociology  (Read 1227 times)
Robbang (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 01:54:03 PM

Hi Guys,

I wanted to know what you think of my Bachelor-Thesis.

I am studying sociology and working Part Time at an IT Company. I got intersted in BTCs two years ago.

Then I had this great Idea: lets write my bachelor about smth that ist interesting to me.

I am just starting to set up my Plan on how to write this. And that is where I was wondering if you guys think this is interesting to you, or wether you have some valuable ctritic and input for me.

So this is my first draft for my Bachelor Topic:

I want to explore how Social Media and BTCs (in a broader sense: any digital currency) ar related to another.
My Thesis is that money has changed, back in the days Money was just a form of communication. The Web 2.0 (Social Media, whatever you want to call it) changes a lot in our world. I want to find out wether it also changes the way we think about money and wether BTCs are a form of that change.
Also I want to explore if Social Media does give BTCs an Element of Emotion, which for Regular Money ist not possible to achive.
(As you can see people care about BTCs, eg post in this forum and are being active about it).

The Boring part: My main literature will be Georg Simmel for the Money theory and Niklas Luhman for the theory on social media.

Thanks for any Input!
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 02:20:33 PM

Thanks for any Input!

Finish elementary school first?
Robbang (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:01:18 PM

I dont realle got what you want to tell me. Huh
If you ar trying to insult me, I dont get why you would try to do that.
I was just asking for some Ideas and Feedback, if possible some I can reply to and use.

Also I wanted to know wether a Thesis like that would be helpful or interesting for some people.

Your comment is just not doing anything good for me or anyone else. Undecided

I am still happy for any other ideas!
Arros

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

You could look into the cult of bitcoin true believers.  Wink

Examine to what extent online forums provide a gathering place for people to reinforce each others' preconceived ideas and how much counter balance people allow in their world view.
Robbang (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:26:26 PM

You could look into the cult of bitcoin true believers.  Wink

Examine to what extent online forums provide a gathering place for people to reinforce each others' preconceived ideas and how much counter balance people allow in their world view.

Hi,

thanks for your reply!

That is what I will try to do. I want to grasp the "true believers" by examining theire efforts and action via Social Media.
I believe that this is also what makes Bitcoins, amongst many other things, stand out from the way we percieve "normal" money.

I think the "true believers" add some kind of social, emotional wrapping to the bitcoin experience. This is surely not the case in the use with normal money.

How do you think I could measure this "emotional experience" added to BTCs via Social Media?
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:41:03 PM

I dont realle got what you want to tell me. Huh
If you ar trying to insult me, I dont get why you would try to do that.
I was just asking for some Ideas and Feedback, if possible some I can reply to and use.

Also I wanted to know wether a Thesis like that would be helpful or interesting for some people.

Your comment is just not doing anything good for me or anyone else. Undecided

I am still happy for any other ideas!

I am suggesting you might want to try learning to write correctly before trying to write a thesis.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:11:36 PM

I am suggesting you might want to try learning to write correctly before trying to write a thesis.

Have you considered the possibility that English may not be Robbang's native language?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: