Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Building a mining Rig.  (Read 106 times)
Manlost111 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:22:06 PM

Hey guys, kind of a weird question here.

Considering building my first rig. I want to play games in 4K on max settings. I also really want it to be a solid 4K video editing machine. (Actually, being able to edit 8K Footage, while really unnecessary for me at the minute, would be epic.

But I also have a 3rd possible use for this machine. Mining Cryptocurrency (which I know 0.1% about, but I am intrigued).

I stumbled across 2 articles that I am reading over:

http://www.techradar.com/news/best-mining-gpu http://www.techradar.com/news/best-mining-motherboards

I'm sure I'll research further, but...

Would a rig built with Mining as the PRIMARY goal service my other 2 needs? (Gaming and video editing).
The graphics card of choice above (Value for money) seems to be the GTX 1070. But a GTX 1080TI (at 2x the price) is better overall for gaming. So… Would running 2x 1070’s give me better gaming/editing performance than a single 1080TI? (Because it seems it would mine better).
Moving on to motherboards for a second, “The best mining motherboard” is the “B250 Mining Expert” from Asus. It supports up to 19 GPU’s. Is there any reason this motherboard won’t do well in a gaming/editing situation? 4., A couple of the motherboards (Sugh as the Asus ROG Strix z270E) listed have comments like “Can also be used for gaming”. So what, the others can’t?
Back to gaming/editing, would running 3-19 motherboards even work? I mean, that’s a shit tonne of GPU’s. Would I be able to run everything at simply insane levels? Would 8K video work be a breeze?
Where the fuck do you get a case to put 19 GPU’s? Or even 4.
Is building the rest of the rig the same?
Finally, anyone here with mining experience? What’s your setup? How many GPU’s do you run?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: