Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:32:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Authenticator  (Read 277 times)
Weider (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

Blockchain will change the world.

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:44:48 PM

Hello guys. Could somebody help me. I would like to move Google Authenticator to another phone and keep all informations I have there. How should I do it? Thank you

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptomngr

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:49:22 PM

Hello guys. Could somebody help me. I would like to move Google Authenticator to another phone and keep all informations I have there. How should I do it? Thank you
First deactivate the authentication from your exchange in your current phone,and then install google authenticator in your new phone and activate authenticator there,

Weider (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:59:20 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 02:12:15 PM by Weider

First deactivate the authentication from your exchange in your current phone,and then install google authenticator in your new phone and activate authenticator there,

What if I will lose my phone?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DAOX: Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs / Bounty & Airdrop / ANN THREAD / TELEGRAM
Weider (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:50:05 PM

bump

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:01:40 PM

If you have lose your phone. You can write to the support term of the exchanger involve to deactivate the authenticator for you.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
sangkler11

Activity: 406
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:15:07 PM

you must disable it first, if you save QR code it will make it easier to do, and if there is any problem you can contact the support to solve it.
good luck
Mister k

Activity: 322
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:17:17 PM

When you enable 2fa on the exchange ,make sure to copy the private key. You can use it to recover your account.

Loonie Network   ■■■■■   Loonie Token, An ERC20 Token   ■■■■■   LNI         
Participate in the Crowsale now
Whitepaper   ▲   Telegram   ▲   Twitter   ▲   ANN Thread
SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:20:37 PM

If you haven't saved recovery key of every 2fa you have set in your old phone than you have to deactivated 2fa from every sites and than activate again so that you can get new key to pair on new phone.

There is no way to recover those key from your old phone to use in new phone.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:34:12 PM

If you save the image of QR CODE or private key of 2FA  then just download google authenticator in New phone and scan QR Code in New phone or enter private key. It can help you recover your account.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:41:28 PM

Back up all your QR codes or switch to the authy app which will back them up for you. Either of these solutions would work, and I do both. I keep all them backed up in an encrypted 7Z file with a random 32+ character password and use a 2D barcode scanner with QR codes to keep passwords. I also add prefix characters so even if someone finds the QR codes it won't be of much use. A few prefix characters plus a long 32 character password on a QR code and a cheap 2D barcode scanner bought on ebay equals security and lots of mother loving win.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:45:36 PM

If you have lose your phone. You can write to the support term of the exchanger involve to deactivate the authenticator for you.
you know every you want to activate 2fa in a site, they give us secret key that include numbers and letters. it is better to save it, save in flashdisk or write it in paper and keep it safely. every you change phone you can put that key in your new 2fa apps

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:46:42 PM

Back up all your QR codes or switch to the authy app which will back them up for you. Either of these solutions would work, and I do both. I keep all them backed up in an encrypted 7Z file with a random 32+ character password and use a 2D barcode scanner with QR codes to keep passwords. I also add prefix characters so even if someone finds the QR codes it won't be of much use. A few prefix characters plus a long 32 character password on a QR code and a cheap 2D barcode scanner bought on ebay equals security and lots of mother loving win.

This, I highly recommend moving away from Google Authenticator and switch to Authy.  It uses the same algorithm as Google Auth and so any website that supports it will also support Authy.  With Authy, you can backup your accounts so it's easy to restore if you lose your phone or want to switch.  I also think the interface is better as well. Ditch Google and move to Authy.

https://authy.com/

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Ranhojic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:52:48 PM

If you have new phone, just disable and then enable 2FA again. I keep my QR printed and stored in the safe place to avoid communication with support in case of loosing/breaking/stealing my phone (and for my wife to be able to access my accounts, just in case).
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:04:51 PM

disable the 2FA on that exchanges and then install on the new phone and then re activate the 2FA on the new phone. not a big deal though

abhishek273b

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:23:59 PM

:)If you have new phone, just disable and then enable 2FA again.  Smiley
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:25:34 PM

See this topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018403

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:42:54 PM

I was about to ask this question because when you lose your phone, GA can be a nuisance. So it is advisable to save the QR code prior to losing your phone.
wissy

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:01:44 PM

I was about to ask this question because when you lose your phone, GA can be a nuisance. So it is advisable to save the QR code prior to losing your phone.

Thats why i have doubts to use google authentication because you can be in a lot of troubles if you loose your phone. 

spunkybd

Activity: 260

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:18:58 PM

Make sure to back it up off the device with Titanium backup, or use an app like Authy so you can cloud back it up.
Toropen

Activity: 299

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:24:09 PM

To transfer all information to another phone you must have the secret key which you had to obtain after the connection is two-factor authentication

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: