Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:43:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Authenticator  (Read 278 times)
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:27:36 PM

deactivate the current's exchange authenticator,then install the google authenticator to your new phone and reactive it again,if you lose your phone make sure you have the backup qr code when you activated your exchange authenticator.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:27:43 PM

we can not move it, if you lose your phone, you need to redo all the 2FA
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:35:24 PM

Hello guys. Could somebody help me. I would like to move Google Authenticator to another phone and keep all informations I have there. How should I do it? Thank you

It would not works perfect bro. You should keep your google authenticator should be changed in the settings for the trading site by adding the two factor authentication to make your wallet secured.
You should have the trading wallet or browser you are using should be from the same phone you are using google authenticator installed in the phone. This is the recommended option for any users.
nik9990

Activity: 616

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:09:14 AM

when installing the key on each site you are given a reinstatement code 1 time which you must write down and, if necessary, enter it on a new device

cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:13:18 AM

If you save your private key at first, then you can directly transfer it, and if you don't have a backup, then close the Google verification first, and then re-create one.

Jafri101

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:20:38 AM

First of all deactivate authenticator where ever you have applied its usage. After deactivating then download google authenticator again on the new/other cell phone and again apply google authenticator.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:59:21 PM

It is way risky to NOT keep a backup of the secret key while adding any account to Google Authenticator. If you lose your phone or if you need to wipe it for some reason, it would be a pain in the ass to recover all your 2FA codes. In most cases you'll need to contact the support on the sites where you enabled 2FA. (Trust me, I've been through this myself!)

To be safe: whenever you enable Google 2FA on any of your accounts, write down the backup key somewhere safe. You can use this key on a new phone in case something happens to your original device.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:23:01 PM

At first when you use Google authentication, there will be a qr code, if you save good, then no need to worry about these problems, if you don't save, so you can only communicate by disabling 2 fa or exchange to solve the problem.

GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:53:17 PM

Hello guys. Could somebody help me. I would like to move Google Authenticator to another phone and keep all informations I have there. How should I do it? Thank you

For this purpose I do print screen of QR code and store it on my flash card. Also you can use special code (also you need to write it in the first time)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
rhyajelle

Activity: 532

https://www.empirehotels.io/

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:00:44 PM

first you need to delete google authentication that is now connected to your account, then through the new smartphone can scan the new code.

EMPC  Token
EMPIREHOTELS (EMPC) used for business, hotel ,Room booking
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ? face Book  Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019
Plant Power

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:01:49 PM

Thanks to the poster who discussed Authy.. you just saved me crying myself to sleep when my phone died.. I thought it would auto-sync with google for some reason.. yeah.. no.. goodbye google hello Authy.
conkeconke

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:28:44 PM

Deactivate it and Activate it back on your new phone.
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:37:18 PM

The best thing here to do is to take the print out of the bar code at the time of generating the authentication code. You can keep it safe along with where ever you keep the pvt keys of your wallet.

mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:47:56 PM

You can used Authy apps! I think! This is best apps for Google Authenticator in mobile and PC!
I used it for all Google Authenticator on exchange!
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:51:29 PM

You should have the QR code that was generated for the authenticator, if you stored it somewhere safe, you could use that to manually add the info on another phone

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: