Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-12-26] Bitcoin is not about the price, it is about a better society  (Read 80 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:50:02 PM

Bitcoin is not about the price, it is about a better society

Bitcoin is not about the price, it is about a better society – a friendly reminder from the Bitcoin Queen of Switzerland.
A lot of people have asked me about Bitcoin recently. Here I would like to share with you my very personal and probably highly subjective view.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/26/bitcoin-not-price-better-society/
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:11:51 PM

Sadly, we have a lot of people who just want to get rich quick because they've heard about it on mainstream media. And I think people who are introducing their friends and family or even strangers to Bitcoin should also be responsible for education of newcomers - it is simply not enough to tell people how to buy Bitcoin and use a wallet, people should understand the roots of Bitcoin, why it was created and it's core principles - this can easily protect people from FUD, altcoin scams and panic selling.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:54:03 PM

I do not agree with this term "Better society". I think we could think about a more efficient society. Bitcoin could make things work faster and make easier to audit. Could eventually kill the banks and give more power to the people. But a lot of blood and dirty things will happen before that. Right now is just speculation.
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 04:02:50 PM

Bitcoin is not about the price, it is about a better society

Bitcoin is not about the price, it is about a better society – a friendly reminder from the Bitcoin Queen of Switzerland.
A lot of people have asked me about Bitcoin recently. Here I would like to share with you my very personal and probably highly subjective view.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/12/26/bitcoin-not-price-better-society/

Better society, yes i agree, i consider it as the gravity point of a triangle.
Price is an angle, fees is another angle, the third angle is fast transactions..

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 04:03:32 PM

Sadly, we have a lot of people who just want to get rich quick because they've heard about it on mainstream media.
That's pretty normal mass-user behavior. Initially I was pretty much the same. I bought my first coins in very early 2013 as being a noob not knowing anything about Bitcoin. I was solely interested in the returns, and that was basically it. I think it was very early 2015 when I actually started to get interested in Bitcoin's technical aspects rather than just the price, which was also the moment I never ever touched a single altcoin again. The far majority of the altcoins don't serve a single purpose and are just redundant garbage.

---

For me personally Bitcoin is about outruling goverments and banks, and I am glad that I have more than half of my entire wealth sitting safely in Bitcoin. I wouldn't want it to be any different. It's allowing me to enjoy the financial freedom that I deserve to have, but never had before Bitcoin, and that's what I am thankful for. Other than that, I know the article is a subjective view, but I personally don't care about a better society, because what others are doing is none of my business.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: