Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The #MyRootProject Contest, $25k for a pro social project  (Read 76 times)
TonTon (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:22:07 PM

Announcing RootProject’s First #MyRootProject Contest

Hello! We represent RootProject, a crowdfunding platform that links cryptocurrency and non-profits to help the poor.

We have just launched a 1 BTC contest for the best non-profit pro social good project proposal.

We put this single bitcoin aside at a very different time. We wanted to give it away to a member of our community that came up with the best idea for a community crowdfunding campaign that fits our crowdfunding model. At the time we thought we were being generous with a $4000 or so grant. Now, of course it’s worth more than $15,000. But, we set it aside then, and are sticking to our crypto guns. We’re still going to give 1 BTC to the winner.

We’ve already got a bunch of crowdfunding campaigns underway and we are excited to see them get closer to their goals! Now it’s time to crowdsource some ideas from our community.

What is #MyRootProject? Quite simply, RootProject is going to fund one project with a budget up to $25,000 out the funds raised during our ICO. If you propose the winning project, you’ll get 1 BTC in your wallet that day.

RootProject will be taking proposals from members of our Telegram group and whittling them down to a final three. Those finalists will get a chance to work with RootProject to flesh out their ideas, provide final cost estimates, and formulate a plan to implement the projects if they are chosen. Once we announce the finalists, we will turn to our community on Telegram to vote for a winner. The winning project will get funded out of the proceeds from our ICO and will get started as soon as possible after our ICO period closes.

Have an exciting idea but need some help finding the funds? Can you think of a project but are not sure how to execute? Propose it as part of the #MyRootProject campaign and get help and resources to start making a difference in your community!

Project submissions must be proposed via telegram:
RootProject’s Telegram Group — https://t.me/Rootproject
Please provide your project’s name, purpose, location, an estimate of costs, and any partner organizations you might want to include in the project.
Please include all this information in one single telegram message. And please tag Shannon Kane in our Telegram by tagging your telegram message @ShannonK

Judging Criteria:
RootProject will choose 3 finalist proposals based on these criteria:
Impact — how many people will we help and how will executing your project improve people’s lives?
Innovation — we’re always trying to encourage innovative ideas. Show us you’ve got something new and exciting in mind!
Feasibility — we are looking for projects that can be executed quickly — the less red tape to cut through the better.
Submission Deadline:

The final day of the RootProject ICO will serve as the deadline for proposals.
Prize:

The winning proposal will receive funding from RootProject of up to $25,000 to be spent to execute the project.
The person who proposes the winning project will also receive 1 BTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chaikannik

Activity: 412
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:02:56 PM

seems like it's for a good cause, good luck!  Wink
TonTon (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:05:11 PM

seems like it's for a good cause, good luck!  Wink

Thank you! We have 4 submission so far, here is one made by crypto lino:

Project name: Let us help to heal the world in West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia

Purpose: Teaching about the effects of environmental pollution and assist Bekky, a great person I personally met in Indonesia back in 2015, speaking English very fluent. 

The problem with rubbish in Asia is tremendous. So Bekky started cleaning the beaches in his area whenever he found time between the working days. Later he brought his kids in the game and since they have an fix appointment for some hours collecting rubbish from the beaches, forests and villages every Sunday morning.

With the years some of his friends and now some his kids friends of the village started helping, but he is in a urgent need to grow "his business" to make to easier and efficient, to find a way how to expand, get rid of the collected rubbish etc.

Since 2012 he has been in talks with the Indonesian government bagging for assistance, but yet he got rejected again and again. Anyway he refuses to give up and beside his kids this project is the centre of his life.

Still time and machines as well as education in Indonesia are missing big time – that´s why I would love to see Rootproject support this goal to save the nature and probably make a bigger impact starting from there.

With $25,000 we could make many steps, if not jumps forwards, that he and his friends probably will need their whole lifes for without assistance from the "western world"

If this project will be choosen, I will use my reward to personally go back to Indonesia with my girlfriend and we´ll volunteer for the project´s success.

Estimate of cost: $25,000

Partner organization:
Bekky Spfoundation (https://www.facebook.com/bekky.spfoundation.9)
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 01:50:44 PM

The idea is really good. Why not help someone while doing our business. But I didn't understood the need for ICO. Is it to build the crowdfunding platform, to have reserves of funds or what else? If people will directly contribute to a project, then what's the ICO for?

TonTon (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:02:35 PM

The idea is really good. Why not help someone while doing our business. But I didn't understood the need for ICO. Is it to build the crowdfunding platform, to have reserves of funds or what else? If people will directly contribute to a project, then what's the ICO for?

The ICO is for the ROOTS token, which powers the non-profit foundation. Tokens are used to align the interest of the poor and the investors. You can learn more about it here:

https://medium.com/@nickadamsjudge/for-investors-the-economics-of-rootprojects-token-d6d4e3ab52

Looking forward to your #MyRootProject submission!  Smiley
MrRot

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:45:38 PM

Submitted. Good luck to everyone who is involved. If I win, I might donate the 1 BTC to another non-profit, I would feel bad taking the money.
TonTon (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:08:30 PM

Submitted. Good luck to everyone who is involved. If I win, I might donate the 1 BTC to another non-profit, I would feel bad taking the money.

Thanks MrRot! That would be a truly generous move  Smiley
TonTon (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:43:14 PM

The campaign is still open! We have 4 submissions so far, so yours will have a large chance of winning!
ArthurBitHunter

Activity: 379
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:49:03 PM

Great project ! But you will go and the scammers, too , have to work hard to identify the Scam ... what you have to offer a really good project ,wish you success!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: