Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confirmed transaction not showing up in wallet  (Read 158 times)
Onlyme2017 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:51:30 PM

I tried to transfer my BCH to my BTC wallet from Blockchain to Coinbase. Says confirmed but It wont show up in wallet. Very new to this. Please help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 05:52:43 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

I tried to transfer my BCH to my BTC wallet from Blockchain to Coinbase. Says confirmed but It wont show up in wallet. Very new to this. Please help.

Did you send BCH to an address generated with a BTC wallet? In that case, you might be in troubles... BTC and BCH are two different coins, they don't share a blockchain, so if you create a tx with a BCH wallet, it'll be broadcasted on the BCH network, and it won't show up in a BTC block (ever) and vice versa...

Since you were using 2 webwallets, IF you made this mistake, you need to contact the support dept of the RECEIVING wallet and hope they're willing to help you... If not, sorry to tell you, but you learnt a valuable lesson never to store any crypto's on an online wallet...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:53:00 PM
Merited by ABCbits (1)

mocacinno is right, BCH and BTC are two different coins. If you sent BCH to a BTC address and you have that wallet's private key, you will be able to get the BCH back by yourself. However in your case, only Coinbase could help you. In their Bitcoin Cash FAQ updated last Dec 22, 2017, it was mentioned:

At this time, Coinbase has already credited accounts who received any BCH at their existing BTC addresses. Going forward, we cannot guarantee that funds will be properly credited when one asset is sent to the address of a different asset. Please make sure that you only send funds to the specific deposit address displayed in your Coinbase account for the asset you are sending. You can view a list of these addresses, or create a new one, by visiting this page.

BUT, I tried to send a message the chat bot in Coinbase and asked "What happens if I mix up BTC and BCH addresses?":
*If you accidentally send Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to your Bitcoin (BTC) Coinbase wallet, we may not be able to assist you in recovering your Bitcoin Cash(BCH).
*If you accidentally send Bitcoin (BTC) to a Bitcoin Cash (BCH) wallet outside of Coinbase, they may be recoverable. That being said, we aren't able to offer recovery support in that instance.
*Always be a bit cautious when sending BTC and BCH, and double-check that the address you're sending them to is compatible with the respective network.

Still, confirm it by sending a support ticket to them.
keyzersoze

Activity: 476
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:00:38 AM

You do know that bch and btc are to different coins right? Why would you send one to the other? From your op, it doesn’t seem like a mistake. More like you you know next to nothing about crypto and different blockchain.

How new to this are you?

Hopefully it wasn’t a large amount.
People really should do their homework, before getting involved in crypto and take responsibility and control over their own money.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sudhirratra68

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:21:17 AM

The address shown in Bitcoin Wallet App is a different one than the recipient address shown on the blockchain.info screenshot. Unless you created a second address with Bitcoin Wallet App, that would explain why Bitcoin Wallet App doesn't show the above payment—it went somewhere else.
kevoh

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:10:32 AM

BCH and BTC operate on two separate blockchains. Therefore the BCH will not appear in the BTC wallet. The possible solution is to see if you can access the private keys of that BTC wallet address you transfered your BCH to before you will be able to access it. Unfortunately, I think this is going to be difficult for you.Users rarely have access to private keys on exchanges. You just have to find a way to convince coinbase exchange support.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: