Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:45:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new hardware  (Read 1127 times)
bitcoin_max (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:52:34 PM

I know this is a clumsy way to go about this but did I read somewhere on here today about a company that was based in the US and was planning on offering a miner that could change the balance of things?  I know I read the thread but I cant find it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:04:41 PM

The new thing is ASIC mining, which could produce from 300mhash/s all the way up to 60GHs/s each.

But the price it high for ASIC miners thought.

Some of the nice ones run $2000 all the way to $25,000, and unless you purchase one half a year ago, you wont be getting any one any time soon. Sad

I purchase a ASIC Miner The Block Erupter USB, which guarantees me a 300mhash/s.

I only order 1 if I see some returns I'm going to order more.

I should be getting Block Erupter in the next few days.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 03:15:51 AM

Yes, you can buy ASIC hardware that make current mining hardware useless.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/ Sells units ranging from 5GH/s to 500GH/s. They designed their own chips/hardware. I have a unit sitting 4ft from me that's doing 31.5GH/s and using ~110W. Website appears to be down atm?

https://terrahash.com/ Sells units ranging from 4.5GH/s to 180GH/s. Uses Avalon chips on a K16 board (developed by BKK and other members of this forum). Avalon chips are well tested, but are not shipping yet.

https://www.kncminer.com/ Sells units ranging from 100GH/s to 400GH/s. Uses a custom 28nm chip developed by ORSoC. They are still working on a prototype, and are obviously not shipping, but so far seem pretty legit.

https://megabigpower.com/shop/ Sells units ranging from 25GH/s to 400GH/s. Uses a custom chip developed by BitFury, who used to write bitstreams for FPGA mining back in the day. They have a prototype, but have not shipped any units yet.

Then there are Avalon units, but those are not being sold anymore. Instead the people who started the Avalon project are new selling chips for the likes of TerraHash and other companies. And lastly there is ASICMiner, but they primarily focus on selling shares for their own mining efforts. ATM they own ~20% of the entire Bitcoin Network. ASICMiner also sells mining hardware, ranging from 300MH/s to 10GH/s, but they are WAY too overpriced to even talk about here.

Hope that answers your question.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
bitcoin_max (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:59:37 AM

Thank you for posting I should have been much clearer in my post.  I really thought I saw a post from someone who had a different kind of ASIC and people were talking that he/they could have more than 50% with these units.  I don't see the thread any more.  Maybe I was dreaming....maybe I'm nuts.

Or both.
tacoman71

Activity: 320
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:35:30 PM

xcrowd looks promising. They're going to use escrow which mitigates the scam or if the company pulls a "BFL". A 15 Gh unit for $219? Count me in if it's real.

Feeling generous? Like my post? Leave a tip at BTC: 1NZJ8cceqEiKDZGAJged2vNGCyfFMUEYPt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: