Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:59:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU Mining Strategies  (Read 179 times)
Servfox (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:30:03 PM

I just completed my first rig a few days ago. I am curious about everyone's mining strategies. Do you mine for maximum amount of profit each day with the intent to cash out frequently? Or do you accept less profit to mine specific coins to hold that you believe will rise in price over time?

I am running 6 gtx 1070's. I tried profit switching with awesome miner and wasn't happy with the results. I'm sure I could have dialed the settings in better with more effort but I decided to try something different. For the past 24 hours I've decided to mine ZenCash exlusively using dtsm. I am getting roughly 2700 sol/s across all 6 gpu's. That came out to about $20 bucks for 24 hours.

Could I be doing better profit wise?

What does your gpu mining strategy consist of?
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:55:00 PM

I just completed my first rig a few days ago. I am curious about everyone's mining strategies. Do you mine for maximum amount of profit each day with the intent to cash out frequently? Or do you accept less profit to mine specific coins to hold that you believe will rise in price over time?

I am running 6 gtx 1070's. I tried profit switching with awesome miner and wasn't happy with the results. I'm sure I could have dialed the settings in better with more effort but I decided to try something different. For the past 24 hours I've decided to mine ZenCash exlusively using dtsm. I am getting roughly 2700 sol/s across all 6 gpu's. That came out to about $20 bucks for 24 hours.

Could I be doing better profit wise?

What does your gpu mining strategy consist of?

I'm mining zec as well on my Nvidia rig that consists of six 1070ti's.  A little over 3000 sol/s.  I don't cash out daily or anything.  I've never mined zec before and I'm only a few days into it, so I'm just watching the price and reading as much about zec that I can.  I'll wait a week or two and then make a decision on how I want to handle it.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Servfox (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:16:05 PM

I'm holding and researching for now as well. Maybe some members with more experience will chime in and give us some good advice  Grin
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:19:23 AM

I was mining XMR on my Vega 56 rig.  I sold the XMR that I had mined and I'm holding it in BTC at the moment.  I'm really curious to see what ETN does.  My Vega rig mines a ton of it compared to what my 1070ti rig does with ZEC.  My only advice is do your own research and make decisons based on that.  Don't do something just because someone on a forum says it's a good idea with no explanation. 

With all of that in mind, you're making money with ZEC even if you cash it out to USD or whatever on a weekly basis at current exchange rates.  At some point, you have to take some profit to go towards the cost of the rig, but it's very temping to leave it in other crypto's that you like.  Whatever you do, do it based on your own research.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
binkyj357

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:42:23 AM

I was mining XMR on my Vega 56 rig.  I sold the XMR that I had mined and I'm holding it in BTC at the moment.  I'm really curious to see what ETN does.  My Vega rig mines a ton of it compared to what my 1070ti rig does with ZEC.  My only advice is do your own research and make decisons based on that.  Don't do something just because someone on a forum says it's a good idea with no explanation. 

With all of that in mind, you're making money with ZEC even if you cash it out to USD or whatever on a weekly basis at current exchange rates.  At some point, you have to take some profit to go towards the cost of the rig, but it's very temping to leave it in other crypto's that you like.  Whatever you do, do it based on your own research.

Agreed
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 05:34:53 AM

Actually 1070 is a nice card with flexibility to mine most of altcoins out there.
The first choice, yes you should go with Equihash algorithm coins. Also, you could choose some low-difficulty coins. I dont have that much hashrate from 1070 (most of my GPUs are RX580), but I usually switch my 1070 rigs between FTC, VTC, XZC, LBC, KMD, VIVO and some other Neoscript coins. The profit is not bad. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: