Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: None of the Avalon Batch #3 w/o PSU has been shipped  (Read 1161 times)
yeemartin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:14:28 PM

The promised two weeks Batch #3 shipping time frame has already pasted, and STILL NONE of the Avalon Batch #3 without PSU has been shipped.

What is the problem, Yifu? I remember that you encouraged ppl to order batch 3 w/o the PSU.

And now we were punished for following your recommendation? What is the logic behind this arrangement?

Very very disappointed...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 11:31:56 PM

WE ARE NOT YIFU. All these threads asking Yifu questions, this is not his email or phone number.

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 11:55:51 PM

WE ARE NOT YIFU. All these threads asking Yifu questions, this is not his email or phone number.

Yifu don't answer email or phone anyway.

He might answer a support ticket.  He might answer you on the forum.

The best way of contacting him is in person, support ticket or on this forum by posting a thread.  He does actually read the stuff and he sometimes does respond once it draws enough attention from the community.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:05:47 AM

i understand the pain of its customers, i believe all that are posting here, have already tried to reach Avalon in other ways too, lets not judge them dogie ... put yourself in their shoes ...

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 01:27:01 AM

B3 will ship, is shipping, will continue to ship. I am in their shoes, I also have pending B3s.

rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:24:14 AM

The logical reason is that the orders with a PSU are the ones to be more likely to be sent back due to customs problems. Therefore it stands to reason they want them out the door as soon as possible so any issues can be worked out and they can get this whole ordeal finished and be done with all the whiners.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 04:25:47 AM

More likely I think is that as B2 was PSU included, a lot of the current B3s going out are essentially left over B2s. They're not going to spend another 30 minutes opening, removing psu and closing again.

Wayne_Chang

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 04:48:39 AM

More likely I think is that as B2 was PSU included, a lot of the current B3s going out are essentially left over B2s. They're not going to spend another 30 minutes opening, removing psu and closing again.
A lot of batch#3 customers followed their recommendation and ordered miners without PSU.
But the result is they are killing these customers benefit because of a PSU.
mdbssm

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:09:27 AM

Have you considered how they are 'testing' batch 3's without a PSU? It would require building a full unit, doing a burn-in test for a day or so, then removing the PSU. More labor intensive than just testing, then shipping. And then what to do with a bunch of left over PSUs?

I suspect that the 'without PSU' option while a good idea when proposed by Yifu is turning out to be a logistical problem.
jermwerty

Activity: 472

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:14:20 AM

I suspect that the 'without PSU' option while a good idea when proposed by Yifu is turning out to be a logistical problem.

Seems to be the case!  Although why can't you just keep the same PS and test three systems then install it and ship it with the 4th?

Has anyone been able to open a ticket to add a PS?  My tickets previously to add a module were ignored.

I had wanted to add a module to my B2 as they said "add-on" modules would be opened up halfway through B3 or so.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:15:09 AM

Have you considered how they are 'testing' batch 3's without a PSU? It would require building a full unit, doing a burn-in test for a day or so, then removing the PSU. More labor intensive than just testing, then shipping. And then what to do with a bunch of left over PSUs?

this
alpet
Legendary

Activity: 1912
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2013, 05:54:33 AM

Oh yes, Yify get 1000% profit from batch 3 clients. He get over $6500 for device with prime cost really < $600. Price PSU simply disappears into Yifu profits. And now main idea increase client losses to maximum possible value... Nothing personal, just bussines.

Novacoin we trust!
https://svcpool.io - PoS cтeйкинг и oбмeнник NVC/BTC.
Wayne_Chang

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:20:12 AM

Oh yes, Yify get 1000% profit from batch 3 clients. He get over $6500 for device with prime cost really < $600. Price PSU simply disappears into Yifu profits. And now main idea increase client losses to maximum possible value... Nothing personal, just bussines.
+1
In the situation of delayed so much time, they are still killing customers' profit because of a god damn PSU.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:37:38 AM

I had a PSU go out today on one of the seven Avalons.

I wanted to give you non PSU guys a heads up, I tried cramming a 1250w power supply in there and it wouldnt fit. Luckily I had a 1050w PSU aswell that just barely fit. Even with that I was not able to put the cover back on.

You might want to get less than a 1050w PSU.. they ship with 850w PSUs that fit fine. I imagine anything from 850w-950w would fit, with the cover on. But pay attention to the dimensions of the PSU you order.. it may not fit.  Sad
Wayne_Chang

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:56:22 AM

I wanted to give you non PSU guys a heads up, I tried cramming a 1250w power supply in there and it wouldnt fit. Luckily I had a 1050w PSU aswell that just barely fit. Even with that I was not able to put the cover back on.

You might want to get less than a 1050w PSU.. they ship with 850w PSUs that fit fine. I imagine anything from 850w-950w would fit, with the cover on. But pay attention to the dimensions of the PSU you order.. it may not fit.  Sad
Could you give us the maximum dimension of a fit-able PSU?
Thanks.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 10:47:38 AM

Can you just keep the larger PSU outside and feed the cables through the back port where the PSU normally screws in?  I'd rather have the larger PSU and open air space inside than risk blowing an 850 watt PSU.  It's too bad they are skimping on power, knowing we will all be overclocking to try and make up for lost profits due to delays.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:13:17 PM

Can you just keep the larger PSU outside and feed the cables through the back port where the PSU normally screws in?  I'd rather have the larger PSU and open air space inside than risk blowing an 850 watt PSU.  It's too bad they are skimping on power, knowing we will all be overclocking to try and make up for lost profits due to delays.

Good idea! I will probably try this soon. I know.. I'm not happy they skimped on PSUs either. But, honestly it was probably my fault it burnt out. I needed to install an air intake to the A/C condensor and the room was overheating by a lot. The other 6 four module machines are running fine at 350mhz with the 850w PSU Avalon provided.

Wayne: I'll try to get a measurement later this evening for ya. Smiley
Wayne_Chang

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:19:18 PM

Good idea! I will probably try this soon. I know.. I'm not happy they skimped on PSUs either. But, honestly it was probably my fault it burnt out. I needed to install an air intake to the A/C condensor and the room was overheating by a lot. The other 6 four module machines are running fine at 350mhz with the 850w PSU Avalon provided.

Wayne: I'll try to get a measurement later this evening for ya. Smiley
Thanks.
But for 4 module machine, running at 350Mhz is definitely over the capacity of 850W PSU. It has risk to damage your PSU or even cause disasters. Suggest to change to PSU no less than 1kW.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:23:28 PM

Thanks.
But for 4 module machine, running at 350Mhz is definitely over the capacity of 850W PSU. It has risk to damage your PSU or even cause disasters. Suggest to change to PSU no less than 1kW.

You're probably right. I am fully expecting to have to replace a PSU or two. Right now they seem to be doing OK though. I need to get a kill-a-watt to measure how much power they're pulling. I seriously hope nothing goes too terribly wrong, I have my fingers crossed.

Right now I'm getting about 770 Gh with 7 four modules at 350mhz. The extra 60-80 Gh I get by OCing is just too good to pass up IMO. They have been running stable for about 11 hours now.
yeemartin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 06:50:01 PM

+1
In the situation of delayed so much time, they are still killing customers' profit because of a god damn PSU.

They don't give a fuck whether the customers can make ROI.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: