Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:37:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is stocks.exchange a scam? [IT IS NOT - only a little buggy / mediocre support]  (Read 13921 times)
SypsG (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:24:01 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 03:41:17 PM by SypsG

[Editing this post to indicate to anyone reading it to search, that the tl;dr is that stocks.exchange is not a scam, and is a decent exchange, but there was a bug in the withdrawal function that they identified with IntenseCoin's support, and are currently working to fix. Don't enter data in "Payment ID" field when making withdrawals for ITNS to your cold wallet, and you will be fine.]

Hey everyone. I just setup this account to ask if the stocks.exchange site is a scam.

I went on there about a month ago and bought what is currently worth about $1400 USD worth of ITNS (Intense Coin). Coinmarketcap.com lists stocks.exchange as the only exchange trading ITNS at the time of this writing.

I tried to withdraw it to my wallet for safe keeping, 4 or 5 times, interacting with their support through support trouble tickets, and they just kept telling me to withdraw a smaller amount.

I searched the forums here for anything stocks.exchange related, but could find nothing. I have a feeling they walked away with my 0.015 BTC and I never had any ITNS through them at all now.

Anyone else have any experiences with them? Should I chalk it up as a scam loss and make sure no one else gets scammed?

Thanks,
SypsG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 09:31:21 PM

Should I chalk it up as a scam loss and make sure no one else gets scammed?

Thank you for coming forward.  Most users simply chalk it up and don't report it - letting these people get away with it.

I've tagged his account for him to come look at this thread.  Hopefully you get your coins!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
krillan

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:34:02 PM

I have had no issues with stocks.exchange over the past few weeks working with ITNS, BTC, ETH, and DOGE.  What exactly is the issue you are having?  Any error messages?  Is the withdrawal pending, or you're just never able to start it?

Please, do not be cavalier and go throwing around the word "scam" prematurely or without substance and at least some more confirmation of others having identical issues as you.  Such speculations can cause irreversible harm in the crypto world.  For all I know, you may be the one at fault.

EDIT: Let me be clear...I am not a fan of stocks.exchange, but purely from a usability, feature, volume, and fee perspective.  Functionally and their honesty, they have been 100% consistent and I've had no indications to doubt it otherwise.
alexius89-2

Activity: 254
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 10:45:20 PM

Hello guys, i just read the OP.

It is unfortunate that the user had issues with an ITNS withdraw but this seems to be an exchange aspect. We from the team have no influence on what people withdraw or deposit on an exchange. We had no issues so far with the mentioned exchange and users have reported successful transactions (withdraw and deposits) of much larger amounts.

I would appreciate it that Vod is removing the negative trust as the aspect has no connection to me or my team. It is an exchange based matter, we have no responsibility over any exchange

Thanks a lot
Alex

▀    ★★★ BAND PROTOCOL ★★★ 
┊┈ DECENTRALIZED ORACLE FRAMEWORK FOR WEB 3.0┊┈
█ █ █  Medium Twitter Reddit Telegram Whitepaper  █ █ █  
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 10:54:44 PM

Should I chalk it up as a scam loss and make sure no one else gets scammed?

Thank you for coming forward.  Most users simply chalk it up and don't report it - letting these people get away with it.

I've tagged his account for him to come look at this thread.  Hopefully you get your coins!

Vod, i just saw you gave negative trust to one member of my team and i want to know why! Your a legendary member, you know the reasons behind creating a negative trust on users correct? Its clear to anyone that spends 2 seconds reading that this is an issue with an Exchange that Intense coin is not affiliated with. Has Alex mentioned users reported that ocasional issues were solved by the Exchange even with bigger amounts...

Should we call someone from the trust Group to sort this out or you already realise we have no responsability and will take the neg trust from my team mate?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 11:29:42 PM

I would appreciate it that Vod is removing the negative trust as the aspect has no connection to me or my team. It is an exchange based matter, we have no responsibility over any exchange

You are right - my bad.

Should we call someone from the trust Group to sort this out or you already realise we have no responsability and will take the neg trust from my team mate?

Take your threats and go away.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
SlowGrowth

Activity: 490
Merit: 264

| Privacy Advocate | Game Theory | Free Thinker |

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 11:43:46 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 11:57:34 PM by SlowGrowth

You are right - my bad.

Take your threats and go away.

No threats mate, you should know very well the responsability of giving neg trust to a ANN OP.... Just think about this, we spend 16h a day working on a project, we get people involved with a public image to protect and of course a neg trust cant be done lightly... Thank you for the quick reply btw

To the OP of this thread Please contact me on discord with your ticket number and i will gladly help you, like we do to anyone who seeks us.
MidnightSun

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:09:54 AM

Hey everyone. I just setup this account to ask if the stocks.exchange site is a scam.

I went on there about a month ago and bought what is currently worth about $1400 USD worth of ITNS (Intense Coin). Coinmarketcap.com lists stocks.exchange as the only exchange trading ITNS at the time of this writing.

I tried to withdraw it to my wallet for safe keeping, 4 or 5 times, interacting with their support through support trouble tickets, and they just kept telling me to withdraw a smaller amount.

I searched the forums here for anything stocks.exchange related, but could find nothing. I have a feeling they walked away with my 0.015 BTC and I never had any ITNS through them at all now.

Anyone else have any experiences with them? Should I chalk it up as a scam loss and make sure no one else gets scammed?

Thanks,
SypsG

I have not bought as much as you have but I have not had any problems with them so far.  After every purchase, I have been withdrawing my ITNS to my personal wallet for safekeeping.  So far, I have not seen any other issues.  Maybe you should try going to the ITNS Discord group chat and see if you can find other users who might have had the same problem.  The dev team is also pretty active on Discord and will likely try to figure what is going on.  They recently walked away from being listed on a second exchange due to people voicing their concerns on Discord.

You mentioned stocks.exchange recommended withdrawing lesser amounts.  Have you tried withdrawing from that exchange in increments?  For example, make 4 equal withdraws.  Transactions are a lot faster than Bitcoin and so you will not have to wait too long before you see the first deposit in your wallet.
SypsG (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:03:40 AM

Hello guys, i just read the OP.

It is unfortunate that the user had issues with an ITNS withdraw but this seems to be an exchange aspect. We from the team have no influence on what people withdraw or deposit on an exchange. We had no issues so far with the mentioned exchange and users have reported successful transactions (withdraw and deposits) of much larger amounts.

Thanks a lot
Alex

Thanks for popping in and letting me know you haven't heard of any other problems with it. Definitely, everyone else, THIS PROBLEM IS WITH THE EXCHANGE. Nothing to do with ITNS specifically. I've gotten a bunch of folks interested in ITNS, and we all got started with it when it was 0.00017/USD. Smiley  Glad to see it coming along nicely.

First I made a purchase of 62,500 ITNS on 2017-12-09 00:36:28.

At 2017-12-09 05:28:46, I attempted to withdraw the lot to my wallet, and it said the withdrawal fee was 0.01 ITNS. This is incredibly low IMHO - that little of a withdrawal fee to transfer that many coins.

I clicked confirm on the confirmation email, and it went to withdrawal error status, and I thought something was wrong. My wallet and portfolio on their exchange site was empty, and nothing was on the chain showing the pending transaction.

I opened a ticket with support on 2017-12-12 23:32:17.

They replied on  2017-12-13 15:30:44 saying please try again, and try to withdraw less amount of coins.

So I tried again at 2017-12-13 16:43:05 to withdraw 10,000 (9,999 effective). Confirmed via email notice. Same thing - withdrawal error. So I notified them again at 2017-12-15 03:00:44, hoping giving it a couple more days would let it finish successfully.

They said please try again, with less coins, so I did - 500 coins this time, 2017-12-15 14:10:38. Same result. Withdrawal went to "Canceled by admin" this time.

I tried again to withdraw the entire amount to my own wallet, and it is still stuck in withdrawal error status. Bottom line, I am out 62,500 ITNS. I asked them again today where my ITNS is located. Have not received a reply, but I only expect they will continue to say "Please try again," without ever figuring out what the problem is.

So, "buyer beware" is where I am going to leave it at. If my issue is the only one with them, I'll chalk it up as a loss and leave it as stocks.exchange having piss-poor customer service that may end up eating your coins if you trade on there. I'll update if they ever get back to me.

Thank you for all your comments and thoughts though. Glad to hear others are not having this problem.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 02:05:26 AM

Should we call someone from the trust Group to sort this out or you already

That reads like a threat to me bozo.  :/

SypsG (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:10:39 AM

Quote from: SlowGrowth

To the OP of this thread Please contact me on discord with your ticket number and i will gladly help you, like we do to anyone who seeks us.

Hey SlowGrowth, I appreciate anything you can do, but the ticket is with stocks.exchange, not with the IC team. Number 2010 FWIW. Love your IC software and looking forward to continue pushing ITNS on my buddies. Got 5 or 6 more interested at a party my wife threw on Saturday.

P.S. Sorry if I screwed up the quote box. New to here. Thanks again and good job with IC.
johniadeluca

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:14:03 AM

I've been seeing more trustworthy coins announce collaboration with them, but I also know that they're fairly new.
SypsG (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:44:22 AM

I missed something earlier. SlowGrowth said contact him on discord.

What's discord?
SypsG (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:26:22 AM

I missed something earlier. SlowGrowth said contact him on discord.

What's discord?

I'm gonna just quote myself and let you know I figured out what Discord is. lol
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:55:26 AM

They said please try again, with less coins, so I did - 500 coins this time, 2017-12-15 14:10:38. Same result. Withdrawal went to "Canceled by admin" this time.

I find that ridiculous. Even if 500 coins was small enough of a withdrawal that they could handle, you'd have to submit 125 withdrawals to get all of your coins out safely.

Also, I find it interesting - not calling anyone out, just mildly interesting - that krillan, someone with otherwise only a single post on the 11th, was so quick to respond to this thread 15 days later and reacted somewhat strongly against your questioning stocks.exchange's legitimacy. Again, though, it's possible and I'm not calling him a shill.
MidnightSun

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:19:21 PM

I find that ridiculous. Even if 500 coins was small enough of a withdrawal that they could handle, you'd have to submit 125 withdrawals to get all of your coins out safely.

Also, I find it interesting - not calling anyone out, just mildly interesting - that krillan, someone with otherwise only a single post on the 11th, was so quick to respond to this thread 15 days later and reacted somewhat strongly against your questioning stocks.exchange's legitimacy. Again, though, it's possible and I'm not calling him a shill.

Wonder why they are having trouble with that.  I withdrew 1,400 ITNS coins a few weeks back.
SypsG (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:36:03 PM

The problem is a bug within their withdrawal function, that causes a failure when you enter data into the "Payment ID" field, which I always do in every application I use, so I can track everything. I'm in the US, and I figure the IRS is going to come knocking one day, so I'm going to be prepared with documentation and notes on everything just in case.

THANK YOU to SlowGrowth and the ITNS team for putting some pressure on stocks.exchange to troubleshoot and identify the problem. Now they are working to fix their code.

Thanks everyone. Problem solved!

-SypsG
username385135

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:23:55 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 04:26:18 PM by username385135

Hi,

signed up just to post about this.

Whether it's an intentional scam or not, so far this site has only eaten $200 from me. First the deposit took several hours despite being confirmed on the blockchain. When I finally saw the eth in my wallet, I put up an order. It wasn't filled, the market moved on. Now I cannot cancel this order because it doesn't show up in the overview, it's been 12 hours or so.

I cannot write a 2nd support ticket either (1st one being about the deposit, was never answered) because it gives me a 404 error.

Lesson learned, stay with exchanges you trust.

No idea if this is a scam or not, maybe they just aren't good at running an exchange/coding. I simply hope I get my $200 back.

EDIT: After countless hours, the order eventually showed up so I could cancel it and put up a new one. So, all in all, everything on this site is slow and laggy, but right now can't see a scam.
koaneleven22

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:49:17 AM

DAMN just signed up today on this exchange & my deposited coins havent arived in like 12 hrs, and thats after it was "confirmed" on the previous exchange i sent em from. needless to the say the price the coins i wanted to trade with have long since moved forward in the market so thers no point of even having tryed to send them in the first place anyway. at this point i pray i can get my money back , ive already opened a support ticket ( an houre after this happened) and still no reply on that as well. so use CAUTION with this site seems risky , just hope i can get my coins back :/
Xandar

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:37:21 AM

CoinsMarketsMod: PLEASE NOTE: Testing functions and wallet stability. You can monitor your wallet balances through the BlockChain Explorer. Please be aware that we do not deploy admins/devs on CoinsMarketsChats. Do not give out account information to anyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: