Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:21:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is stocks.exchange a scam? [IT IS NOT - only a little buggy / mediocre support]  (Read 13919 times)
Smokeyw

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 01:42:25 PM

after 5 hours my pirl still not in my wallet on stocks exchange
last time i use that exchange

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
contrader

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:30:58 PM

SCAM
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:11:49 PM

DAMN just signed up today on this exchange & my deposited coins havent arived in like 12 hrs, and thats after it was "confirmed" on the previous exchange i sent em from. needless to the say the price the coins i wanted to trade with have long since moved forward in the market so thers no point of even having tryed to send them in the first place anyway. at this point i pray i can get my money back , ive already opened a support ticket ( an houre after this happened) and still no reply on that as well. so use CAUTION with this site seems risky , just hope i can get my coins back :/

Scam Bro
Don't put money here

Read here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2706027.0
Mhi79

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:52:26 AM

Just signed up on stocks.exchange yesterday and made an deposit. Today I can't sign in. (It is not possible to find a user with specified email address. Wile I can't sign in I can't open a ticket.
Please someone help me. What to do?
Darooghe

Activity: 1120
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:11:20 AM

Just signed up on stocks.exchange yesterday and made an deposit. Today I can't sign in. (It is not possible to find a user with specified email address. Wile I can't sign in I can't open a ticket.

Scam Bro
Don't put money there
Read here:
Mhi79

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

Does somebody know how to contact them??
Strange_love

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:00:55 AM

I have sent a confirmed transaction over 15 hours ago and still are not there. Some say that is not a scam, possibly, but how you cannot arrange to get in your client's wallet the bitcoin that he sent you? I am new into this, and maybe is (somehow) more complex than it appears, but I am still wondering what kind of a stocks exchange is this? The site is not intuitive, and the name is stupid to search for? Who thought "stocks.exchange"? What was the the thought behind it, really? To get to be THE STOCKS EXCHANGE? Stupid overall...
ico41

Activity: 82
Merit: 13

Nothing in the cry of cicadas suggests ...

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

Scam Bro
Don't put money there
Read here:

I'm not ready to call them an outright Scam, which would mean that I have no hope of getting my coins out, but I completely agree with Darooghe that you SHOULD NOT PUT YOUR MONEY THERE. I learned the hard way last night - the only alternative I would have had would be to purchase the coins directly from someone on Discord using an escrow service .. but I just naively thought that this exchange was working - and there are several people that I trust that have shown me they were successful - but IT'S BROKEN , so my advice is to stay away, and take all other measures to do what you have to do without using them - at least until they can prove that they can 1) Answer support tickets and 2) make things work.

JAGR8719

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:38:33 AM

Anybody who is facing withdrawal, deposit, or any other issues go to reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets/comments/7q9ute/stocksexchange_a_scam_crypto_exchange_at_worst/ describe your issues and up-vote so that others can be warned before engaging with this exchange. Even if it turns out that they are not a scam and are able fix their issues in 3 months from now, then now is not the time to put your money there, or you will lose it at least temporarily. Mine is gone since a week now and I don't have any hopes that I will get it back anytime soon. Many things can happen in a week in the crypto market as you all know, does anybody really want to risk that.
ico41

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 07:00:51 AM

Anybody who is facing withdrawal, deposit, or any other issues go to reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets/comments/7q9ute/stocksexchange_a_scam_crypto_exchange_at_worst/ describe your issues and up-vote so that others can be warned before engaging with this exchange. Even if it turns out that they are not a scam and are able fix their issues in 3 months from now, then now is not the time to put your money there, or you will lose it at least temporarily. Mine is gone since a week now and I don't have any hopes that I will get it back anytime soon. Many things can happen in a week in the crypto market as you all know, does anybody really want to risk that.

Thank you very much for this - it's yet another channel - and I'll head right over there and describe my frustration and experiences.  Twitter is another channel you can vent and try to get their attention with.

rajjagwani

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:54:20 PM

dear sir, (stocks.exchange)you are charging 0.004 btc flat fee for btc withdrawal which is higher fee among all exchanges...
still paying 3 times higher fee my transaction is stuck from yesterday because you have paid 88 sat/byte fee for sending btc...i have stopped trading at hitbtc because they charge .0009 btc and pay 137 sat / byte fee.. atleast more than you ....normal transaction fee for btc is 250 sat/byte or 500 sat/byte..exchanges like you who earned 3 times more fee from us giving us (traders ) 10 times more loss ......shame on you guys...
transaction hash id d23e6850c989541decfb43d07b394d95e8f93b8b9ed21d0055351e47f14b0cfd
ikicha

Activity: 788
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:33:58 AM

Scam i think not
maybe, going to scam LOL  Grin
I try widthdrawal LTC from stocks exchange, 4 days pending. Nice Cheesy
kayson2

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:00:16 AM

Im also not received my JEW deposite for 4 days already.
I checked my TX, see that have transation out to other wallet. To make masternode.
Mean that, stock use my JEW to make their masternode and get reward, and they have said that there is issues with deposite. They are scamer.
kayson2

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:45:35 AM

Now, they do not reply and just auto closed my ticket.
ico41

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:19:36 AM

Scam Bro
Don't put money there
Read here:

I'm not ready to call them an outright Scam, which would mean that I have no hope of getting my coins out, but I completely agree with Darooghe that you SHOULD NOT PUT YOUR MONEY THERE. I learned the hard way last night - the only alternative I would have had would be to purchase the coins directly from someone on Discord using an escrow service .. but I just naively thought that this exchange was working - and there are several people that I trust that have shown me they were successful - but IT'S BROKEN , so my advice is to stay away, and take all other measures to do what you have to do without using them - at least until they can prove that they can 1) Answer support tickets and 2) make things work.

OK, so now I'm quoting myself above and responding -- after weeks of waiting I can say that I was finally able to fully withdraw the BTC I put up there in the first place. Like many others I was prevented from using the exchange because their email confirmation system was broken.  The other day they removed it favor of two-factor auth.  Now when you go to withdraw, as long as you have two-factor enabled, the transaction (at least mine) was approved and a few hours later the coins arrived.  So ... I'm kind of glad I never called them an outright Scam like others have done here - but I'm also pretty disappointed in their inability to communicate or deal with their (perhaps thousands of) open support tickets. Anyway ... use at your own risk, like all exchanges, but at I can say that I did received my BTC back and that to some extent, the exchange ended up functioning for me.  So ... not a Scam - not for me, anyway.

Teknishun

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:48:35 PM

Surprised to see so many issues. I've not had any problems with deposits, withdraws or trades.

The UI could do with some work but it's a new exchange.

I did use 2FA though so I might've bypassed the email notification bug.
manfromva

Activity: 5

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 02:46:27 AM

Dont know if it is a scam or not but it is a very bad exchange. It took way to long for my eth to transfer there and so I missed out on a great price. Every page comes up with a 404 error, no "serious faq", can't see profits/loss, mobile app doesn't work and so on. Bought 4017 coins but only able to sell 4009 of them? where did the others go? Maybe it has something to do with their fee but that isn't clear either because there is no serious faq. Too many people say they can't withdraw so i'll have to wait and see what happens with that.
qBot

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:39:35 AM

SCAM. The owner is using our XAR coins to setup masternodes. Deposits take 10+ hours, he blames DDoS after being caught on this...
Highly not recommended.
encryptblockr

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:27:36 AM

[Editing this post to indicate to anyone reading it to search, that the tl;dr is that stocks.exchange is not a scam, and is a decent exchange, but there was a bug in the withdrawal function that they identified with IntenseCoin's support, and are currently working to fix. Don't enter data in "Payment ID" field when making withdrawals for ITNS to your cold wallet, and you will be fine.]

Hey everyone. I just setup this account to ask if the stocks.exchange site is a scam.

I went on there about a month ago and bought what is currently worth about $1400 USD worth of ITNS (Intense Coin). Coinmarketcap.com lists stocks.exchange as the only exchange trading ITNS at the time of this writing.

I tried to withdraw it to my wallet for safe keeping, 4 or 5 times, interacting with their support through support trouble tickets, and they just kept telling me to withdraw a smaller amount.

I searched the forums here for anything stocks.exchange related, but could find nothing. I have a feeling they walked away with my 0.015 BTC and I never had any ITNS through them at all now.

Anyone else have any experiences with them? Should I chalk it up as a scam loss and make sure no one else gets scammed?

Thanks,
SypsG

you are not alone
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2960187.0
Crypto001

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:44:00 AM

DAMN just signed up today on this exchange & my deposited coins havent arived in like 12 hrs, and thats after it was "confirmed" on the previous exchange i sent em from. needless to the say the price the coins i wanted to trade with have long since moved forward in the market so thers no point of even having tryed to send them in the first place anyway. at this point i pray i can get my money back , ive already opened a support ticket ( an houre after this happened) and still no reply on that as well. so use CAUTION with this site seems risky , just hope i can get my coins back :/

You should check the block explorer for that particular coin to see what happened to it after you sent it. My XAR deposit to these guys went missing for 24 hours even after it confirmed on the blockchain within 30 minutes. I clicked on the wallet I sent it to and saw that my money had been moved into another wallet WHERE IT WAS USED TO FORM A MASTERNODE about 4 hours after I sent it!!!

https://xar.nosekefik.com/tx/364e1eea09be39532df9f14ea7395e61105774aa85fb5e155ce31b0f260f8774

When I check the TX Hash for the deposit confirmation on to the exchange another 20 hours later it turns out the coins they sent me came directly from a MN ADDRESS WHERE YOU CAN SEE ALL THE REWARDS ACCUMULATING!!!

https://xar.nosekefik.com/address/xixTGfWV4rGji2TGy7QEMNfGMfT6VfD7qi

I have seen block explorer links for 3 other coins where people have seen their funds get filtered into a MN address and delayed from hitting their account for around 24 hours. Doesn't seem right that an exchange can profit from their users (severely delayed) deposits without telling them. And what happens to those MN's when they don't want them/can't run them anymore? They get dumped on the exchange and push the price down!!!

Definitely extremely questionable business practice if you ask me!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: