Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is stocks.exchange a scam? [IT IS NOT - only a little buggy / mediocre support]  (Read 13921 times)
Gdiakom

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:24:13 AM

Hey guys a little help please. I sent $150 worth of btc from Coinbase to stocks.exchange. When it was finally deposited into my stocks btc wallet, it shows that only have available $4 of it. What do I do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Roskosh

Activity: 45

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:27:02 PM

I cannot withdraw any coins. It says : Withdrawal is disabled. And you are saying it's not a scam??
g0lden

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:25:04 AM

Not sure if this helps anyone, as my reputation on the forums is pretty new, I been a lurker for well over a year now  Roll Eyes

But I've been using stocks.exchange only since mining intensecoin, and I've had absolutely no problems with it (knock on wood), I within the last couple of months was even able to mine directly to the exchange (altho i wouldn't recommend it as I think that can get messed up, some mining pools allow for it and require certain configuration)

I don't think it's a scam, at least I personally have seen no evidence of it being a scam. I probably should do more research on it, but it kind of resembles what I think would actually be a decentralized exchange (not sure if it is), if it's on a blockchain or not.  I know I could easily Google and I will after I post this lol.....but just wanted to share my experience. 

I'm now mining XSH there.  The only minor issue I had was when ETH network was congested and it took awhile to get some ETH out, which wasn't stocks.exchange fault, it was the ETH network.   For anyone who's had issues w taking out btc/eth, was it during the periods of major congestion?  Cuz there were complains about basically every platform, project, etc and exchange during that time.  It actually turned someone I know away from ETH completely cause he thought the ETH network was always that slow LOL.

Anyway, if I have any other experience in the future, I'll post, but so far I've been pretty impressed to be honest with stocks.exchange.  A few times, I would look on it for shitty coins to buy really low that I know will pump soon, volume kinda sucks tho so I stopped doin that, but again, mining intense coin introduced me to it, and I thought it would be a nightmare exchange, but it hasn't been at all.  Deposits and withdrawals have all been quick for me.

Bibox is one exchange I deposited on and it was a fucking nightmare - I am not sure if there server or website was just having issues at the time, but it took LONG, i'm talking several hours, just to cancel a fucking order. I couldn't believe it.  I don't mean to talk shit about bibox if that was a one-off, but just sharing my experience.  That's the type of shit I'm afraid of encountering on an exchange.  Stocks.exchange isn't bad to me so far.
johnny361

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:36:01 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 07:58:02 AM by johnny361

I had a problem for a few days but I finally got stocksexchange to give me coins back so were good than.

mhannigan

Activity: 102

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:15:32 AM

Stocks.exchange is not a scam, but don't use them.

I should have learned my lesson before.  It seems that any transactions with more than a few coins have to be handled by them manually during their 8-hour workday (which I think starts at 7:30AM GMT)

When you make a deposit at stocks.exchange, be prepared to wait at least 8 hours for it to show up in your balance to trade with.  It doesn't matter how many confirmations it has.  I deposited about 0.15 BTC 6 hours ago, it has over 20 confirmations on the blockchain and it still says "processing" on stocks.exchange.  Made me miss what I needed to buy - market moved on.  And I probably have another 6-8 hours before they are in the office to manually release it. One of the worst crypto exchanges on the internet, but not really a scam.
hoangphulb

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:55:39 AM

fucking stocks.exchange scam!
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:57:17 AM

I had used stocks exchange and all I suggest you not to use it often but clearly they are still operating and not a scam. Stocks exchange is a legit exchange but because of it's not automated buy/sell places, slow transactions, high withdrawal fees and expensive deposit fee, you'll end up broke using their exchange.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

I will add my vote for steering clear of it. I have quite a bit of SNOWGEM I mined showing up on the blockchain as confirmed to their wallet, and not a hint of it over 24 hours later. A couple days earlier I moved SNG through them with no untoward delays.

Unpredictable to say the least, and disturbing to see posts that they divert to MNs to generate interest before releasing to the rightful owner.

Will not use after I recover my coin.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:05:29 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2018, 07:36:54 PM by Easteregg69

When you make a deposit at stocks.exchange, be prepared to wait at least 8 hours for it to show up in your balance to trade with.  It doesn't matter how many confirmations it has.  I deposited about 0.15 BTC 6 hours ago, it has over 20 confirmations on the blockchain and it still says "processing" on stocks.exchange.  Made me miss what I needed to buy - market moved on.  And I probably have another 6-8 hours before they are in the office to manually release it. One of the worst crypto exchanges on the internet, but not really a scam.

Thank you. I needed to hear that. I have a btc deposit not recieved and more than enough conformations on blockexplorer. (MY BTC deposit is not showing AT ALL.)

PS: Found this tread by googling "stocks exchange review". I saw a video with the owner on youtube the other day. Seems like a regular guy.

PPS: Testing with a small btcz and a small doge deposit. BTCZ showed up immediately. Doge/BTC is still not showing in the wallet after lots of confirmations on blockexplorer.
Seems like some deposits is manually handled (btc/doge) while others are not (btcz).

On to binance and check if my sellorders have been filled. Works like a charm for me so far. So did Poloniex in the beginning.

Weeeee.. Mail recieved "New Deposit to Your Wallet 1 BTCZ was added to your wallet". ;-) So now i only await The BTC and the doge deposit (which is fully confirmed on their respective explorers).

Binance.. All the curves are going down on my favorites. No sell. One of these days.

Going for a walk. Acting like no one is looking. Over and out.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1443
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:02:26 PM

PS: Found this tread by googling "stocks exchange review". I saw a video with the owner on youtube the other day. Seems like a regular guy.

Quoting my self.. Anyways. On my walk it just hit me. "So did "Antonio Garley"".

And. I bought a bunch of btcz for btc without problems there the other day.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
litecoin.uno

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:12:13 PM

Stocks.exchange is a scam exchange, they destroy coins. I tried 2 times to deposit BTC there to buy some coins(it was the only exchange where that coins was listed) and i was waiting 24 hours to see my deposit, i was open a ticket and NO support NO answer NO nothing. A full o shi.t exchange.
My advice:
DON`T list coins there
DON`T trade there
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
cmexonat

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 08:29:57 AM

I used to send them DOGE to exchange for VIC coin.
Deposits not showing up in several hours. So I had to raise a ticket. But no answer at all. Finally it processed. But I can not withdraw my VIC now. After 24h of awaiting withdrawal status has changed from "Awaiting" to "Approved" and back some few times and finally became "Cancelled by Admin" in the end.
So no luck with stocks.exchange.
I'm waiting now for two hours for another DOGE deposit to pop up in pendings. I sent it before the above withdrawal "Admin cancellation" took place.
qf3l3k

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:39:53 AM

From my point of view they behave like scam.
I sent some ETH then purchased BTW. It was month and a half ago.
Since then 3 times they generated fake transaction has.
Currently support is responding that they working on issue.
For asking questions why they hold my withdrawal they did ban me on twitter.
I suppose they want to hide their scam practice, so more people will transfer funds, so they can steal it all at some point.

Be aware of them. Behavior shows they scam waiting for right moment to escape with coins.
meo7

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:44:24 PM

I don't know what to think about this exchange, scam or not.
I sent some BTC to my stocks-exchange account and bought some LCE coins.
Everything went smoothly with no incidents. After that the price of LCE went up a bit
and i decided to sell my coins. I put an Sell order and after couple of days when i logged in
my account, surprise surprise!!! They cancelled my LCE/BTC order, opened new sell order
on the lowest price available. Sold my LCE coins, with those BTC they bought USDT.
After another few buy and sell orders they bought NEXO coin (i never heard of them before)
and finally they wasted all my coins. They put those fake orders in such way to dry up my
BTC. When i opened one ticket they told me that i have to read their FAQ, like there is any
paragraph that give the the right to interfere with clients account and make unauthorized Trades!!!
After that they say that i may used a Trading Robot and that put the orders on my behalf!
Can you believe that? After that they say i may given my login details to someone else and he/she
made the trades in my account!
People, i can't believe myself how someone can go to such a low moral just for some few miserable
satoshi. I did not lost an hand here or any huge sum of money, it was around $260 but my problem
is that i damn hate scammers. I warn you all, everyone is reading this post, stay away from this
wannabe Exchange. Like you see in the posts in this discussion board, they're picky, meaning that
today they pick one, tomorrow they pick another one. Sometime they delay your withdraw for their benefit
they cancel a trade here and there, they make some fake trades in your account and waste your coins in
their benefit. They do that in a such way that people can't call the right scam strait away. And after
your turn come and mess with your account they tell you simple in your face. PROVE IT!
I have all the screen shots with all my orders, the order they cancelled, the fake orders they opened,
the screenshots and links with my deposits but they say that i intentionally made the orders, i lost
my coins and now blame them. Well, i make orders to lose all my coins! I am blind. I am an idiot?
I sell my coins for nothing and then blame someone else, WHAT THE HECK OF MENTALITY IS THAT?!!!
I say again, stay away from this strange exchange, you may be OK for now but tomorrow you will be next!
No doubt about that!

plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 11:14:31 PM

I don't know what to think about this exchange, scam or not.
I sent some BTC to my stocks-exchange account and bought some LCE coins.
Everything went smoothly with no incidents. After that the price of LCE went up a bit
and i decided to sell my coins. I put an Sell order and after couple of days when i logged in
my account, surprise surprise!!! They cancelled my LCE/BTC order, opened new sell order
on the lowest price available. Sold my LCE coins, with those BTC they bought USDT.
After another few buy and sell orders they bought NEXO coin (i never heard of them before)
and finally they wasted all my coins. They put those fake orders in such way to dry up my
BTC. When i opened one ticket they told me that i have to read their FAQ, like there is any
paragraph that give the the right to interfere with clients account and make unauthorized Trades!!!
After that they say that i may used a Trading Robot and that put the orders on my behalf!
Can you believe that? After that they say i may given my login details to someone else and he/she
made the trades in my account!
People, i can't believe myself how someone can go to such a low moral just for some few miserable
satoshi. I did not lost an hand here or any huge sum of money, it was around $260 but my problem
is that i damn hate scammers. I warn you all, everyone is reading this post, stay away from this
wannabe Exchange. Like you see in the posts in this discussion board, they're picky, meaning that
today they pick one, tomorrow they pick another one. Sometime they delay your withdraw for their benefit
they cancel a trade here and there, they make some fake trades in your account and waste your coins in
their benefit. They do that in a such way that people can't call the right scam strait away. And after
your turn come and mess with your account they tell you simple in your face. PROVE IT!
I have all the screen shots with all my orders, the order they cancelled, the fake orders they opened,
the screenshots and links with my deposits but they say that i intentionally made the orders, i lost
my coins and now blame them. Well, i make orders to lose all my coins! I am blind. I am an idiot?
I sell my coins for nothing and then blame someone else, WHAT THE HECK OF MENTALITY IS THAT?!!!
I say again, stay away from this strange exchange, you may be OK for now but tomorrow you will be next!
No doubt about that!

Thanks for posting this I was about deposit some coins but seeing they are new to the industry I double check and look for reviews coming from actual users, now even if they offer high price for some coin, I will not risk my coins trading to this exchange, the risk outweighs the price, people should not use this kind of exchange.
Dagwunobi

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 11:16:28 PM

nice
DixxA

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 09:04:20 PM

I think that there a lot of accounts on forums to talk negative about stocks or other crypto. Just for there own. Like other big exchanges that have benefit of it.

Really, stocks.exchange doesnt steel money. I agree the support is not the fastest. But it is also a small exchange yet, with a few employees.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 10:25:28 PM

I think that there a lot of accounts on forums to talk negative about stocks or other crypto. Just for there own. Like other big exchanges that have benefit of it.

Really, stocks.exchange doesnt steel money. I agree the support is not the fastest. But it is also a small exchange yet, with a few employees.
Are you going to trade there, and risk losing your coins?, reputation is very important exchange should have a fast support ticket and they should fix the issue as they arise, so to avoid people posting how shit their service is, it's the exchange fault, not the trader's patience.
smajser

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 10:23:09 AM

Thanks for the info guys.

I`ll stay away from stocks.exchange for now.

Best regards
divyamaanand

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:30:30 PM

I'm also facing the withdrawal problem.
Withdrawal is not approving from 5 hrs.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: