Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC with CREDIT CARDS  (Read 295 times)
exchange.blue (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:43:05 PM

I was only able to come across a few reputable currency exchanges that are offering BTC and altcoins via credit card.

Is this payment option isn't popular or folks don't do it because of the risk factor?
MBielsa

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:44:36 PM

There's a lot of risk associated with cc's. Maybe the ones that have tougher verification can make it happen, otherwise, quite hard.
Etshy

Activity: 255

Exchanger

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:46:51 PM

how can you pay through CC ?

Verified Exchanger on Some websites..
exchange.blue (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:48:37 PM

how can you pay through CC ?

there are quite a few exchanges out there that accept cc's. i know paybis requests selfies with multiple forms of ids before buying with credit card can be permitted.
damir10

Activity: 434
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:53:57 PM

I was only able to come across a few reputable currency exchanges that are offering BTC and altcoins via credit card.

Is this payment option isn't popular or folks don't do it because of the risk factor?

I sometimes buy bitcoin from Bitit  bitit.io/?referral=LGRFWUAZ

Once you verified your documents, you can buy bitcoin and other 4-5 coins by credit card

They updated their website recently, nowadays they sell BTC - ETH - BitcoinCash - LTC - NEO - Monero - Ripple

So it is quite good
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:37:48 PM

Credit cards come with charge back risks. They are reversible and disputable. Banks conservatively side with the non-bitcoin party (the person claiming to have been defrauded when in fact he did use the card to buy bitcoin). Simply dispute the transaction and drop the B word (B as in Bitcoin) and banks might reverse the money to the card. Scammers know most traditional banks are anti-bitcoin and they exploit this window of opportunity which explains why buying bitcoins with credit card is still a challenging piece of work.

Then you have the phishers, cloners, identity thieves etc who all do their part to make it even harder for legitimate bitcoin traders to build a positive long-term relationship with their card payment processors and acquiring bankers.

As for any vouches here, be careful of such recommendations. You never know until it's too late. By that I mean they might be after your card information which you input on their website. You don't get any coins and end up seeing a bunch of strange transactions on your next credit card statement.

exchange.blue (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:26:21 AM

Credit cards come with charge back risks. They are reversible and disputable. Banks conservatively side with the non-bitcoin party (the person claiming to have been defrauded when in fact he did use the card to buy bitcoin). Simply dispute the transaction and drop the B word (B as in Bitcoin) and banks might reverse the money to the card. Scammers know most traditional banks are anti-bitcoin and they exploit this window of opportunity which explains why buying bitcoins with credit card is still a challenging piece of work.

Then you have the phishers, cloners, identity thieves etc who all do their part to make it even harder for legitimate bitcoin traders to build a positive long-term relationship with their card payment processors and acquiring bankers.

As for any vouches here, be careful of such recommendations. You never know until it's too late. By that I mean they might be after your card information which you input on their website. You don't get any coins and end up seeing a bunch of strange transactions on your next credit card statement.

The degree of charge back risks probably depend upon the credit card processing company and or visa/master cards?
androidr

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:35:41 AM

The degree of charge back risks probably depend upon the credit card processing company and or visa/master cards?
Since crypto currencies are virtually delivered and can not be reversed,it is highly risky and very difficult to deal with chargebacks/disputes..so very few exchanges deal with credit cards.Even if they accept credit cards after doing multiple verification and KYC,they limit the max coins per user and also charge high exchange rate to cover the risks
exchange.blue (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:55:05 AM

[/quote]
Since crypto currencies are virtually delivered and can not be reversed,it is highly risky and very difficult to deal with chargebacks/disputes..so very few exchanges deal with credit cards.Even if they accept credit cards after doing multiple verification and KYC,they limit the max coins per user and also charge high exchange rate to cover the risks
[/quote]

based on the recent activity paybis displays on its site, it seems like they process significantly large credit card volume, while charging only 11% including the cc fees.
it would probably make sense to reach out to cc merchants to get a clearer picture.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:20:39 PM

Buying BTC or any cryptocurrency is bit difficult using credit card. However there's option available and you need to verify that with the issuer bank, they might charge transaction fee extra. Think you may check https://www.coinbase.com for further research whether credit card options available.
IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

I sometimes buy bitcoin from Bitit  bitit.io/?referral=LGRFWUAZ

Once you verified your documents, you can buy bitcoin and other 4-5 coins by credit card

They updated their website recently, nowadays they sell BTC - ETH - BitcoinCash - LTC - NEO - Monero - Ripple

So it is quite good

Thanks man, i just looking for this. I'm still getting problem to buy with credit card. I'm already try coinmama and coinbase, but my country was not in their list for payments.

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 04:19:13 AM

Tons of exchanges get burned all the the time on credit card fraud so the risk is very high. If you're going to accept credit cards you'll have to have high fees to make up for all of the fraud. So basically from a client's perspective, I pay 4% to pay for the money that the exchange lost due to fraud. I'd much rather not use a credit card because it's just perpetuating a terrible way to purchase bitcoin. Also, you shouldn't buy money on credit! That's how crashes happen. At least that will be a fiat crash lol.
alexwon

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:19:31 AM

Nowadays there are several options how to buy btc and eth with a cc.
Personally I use https://cryptonex.org service as it is a big and reliable project.
The purchases take little time and the fees are quite tolerable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: