Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:48:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doubt about btc forks  (Read 172 times)
serralex (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:16:50 PM

Hi guys, i'm new in this forum. And i'm learning a lot by all of you! Thank you.

I've got one account in coinbase and another in binance. I'm holding btc in coinbase. My doubt is: Will i receive the free corresponding money when a fork occurs? Should i transfer my btc to binance instead? Should i make anything else? Thank you
wielkiemonety

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:51:32 PM

As long as it's in the right place. If you're using Coinbase, they probably won't support that stuff. So.. yeah. Just saying. I'd probably just go to a cold storage wallet.

Tylko jak jest w prawidlowym miejscu, to tak. Coinbase to raczej nie będzie trzymało takich, to lepiej wziasc trezor albo ledger.
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:32:48 PM

As long as it's in the right place. If you're using Coinbase, they probably won't support that stuff. So.. yeah. Just saying. I'd probably just go to a cold storage wallet.
It was a shock about Bitcoin cash being released by Coinbase and they owe me some Bit-Gold but this time I was ready for them
and moved my coins out onto a Jaxx wallet that's very easy to use but its not the safest in the world

I had done the calculations and by my book unless you have more than about $400 in BTC then the stupid high
transaction fee will eat up more than you will make by moving your coins just to get your free Segwit2X but on
principle i moved my last bit of BTC out from Coinbase and hope to see B2X going up so cover my slight loss on
the move.

Got no trust in BTC miners, do not try holding me by the balls because it won't end well

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:34:58 PM

You will only receive the forked coins on binance, not on gdax.

Gdax is never going to support forks, they are from coinbase. And they added bitcoin cash to their platform only because they are shady as fuck, they were working with Roger Ver.

But if you are looking to receive the fork that is coming on december the 28th, just move all your funds to binance, you are going to receive them all in there for free.
The only expensive thing that you will need to pay are just the fees, nothing more.
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:39:31 PM

Hi guys, i'm new in this forum. And i'm learning a lot by all of you! Thank you.

I've got one account in coinbase and another in binance. I'm holding btc in coinbase. My doubt is: Will i receive the free corresponding money when a fork occurs? Should i transfer my btc to binance instead? Should i make anything else? Thank you

the best thing to do so you can be sure that you will receive the forked coins is to move your bitcoins to an address that you have its private key
this is 100% , binance may distribute the fork coins but if they don't make an announcement then there is no guarantee
but when you have the coins in your own address you would be able to get all the fork coins in the future
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:44:07 PM

If they are willing to give you whatever amount corresponds to your account then you can be relatively confident that they'll give you whatever other fork tokens you should be allowed to have. if they give you your private keys then you can go and claim them yourself.

I do not believe that Coinbase does any of that and you have to go and transfer your Bitcoin out so you can have a means of claiming your various fork tokens in the future. I know Blockchain has (finally) given users their BCH in accordance with whatever they had when the fork rolled out, but I don't know if Coinbase or Binance will do the same. You could always email them and ask.
patispace

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:49:23 PM

At least for the case of B2X, very few exchanges have been committed to credit the corresponding amount of that altcoin in your wallet. I only know Yobit and Kucoin, but you could find more information on the official website of Segwit 2x. I know that binance also tends to accredit all forks, but in this case I do not know if it will.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:19:30 AM

the best thing to do so you can be sure that you will receive the forked coins is to move your bitcoins to an address that you have its private key
this is 100% , binance may distribute the fork coins but if they don't make an announcement then there is no guarantee
but when you have the coins in your own address you would be able to get all the fork coins in the future

Yes i must agree, best answer so far.

Crazy (By the balls) BTC transaction fee could well eat up you gains and by my calculations today you need
to move at least $350 worth to make a gain but B2X stands a chance of going up and these $40-50-60 BTC
fees could well far exceed $100 if they try locking us in which is starting to look like the case.

The trust is gone for me and they can save the "Lightning Network" banter after I watched this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g
Yes that's "Banksters" with a capital "B"

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
knien

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:30:53 AM

Yes the transaction fee could eat your profit, and I understand your worries if you are a small investo, but this is just the way the cryptoworld works.
Do your own research and try to get as much insight as you can on the possible (future) value of the forked coin. (take possible large gains into account. look at bitcoin cash for example)
Then you can make a decent decision(bet) if it's worth to transfer your btc and accept the loss in transfer fee for potential future profit.
and as stated in this thread already. If you want to be sure you receive the forked coin, make sure you have the private key. 

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:46:26 AM

but this is just the way the cryptoworld works.

No it is not or can you name me another coin or another time when transaction fees were anything close to $20 never mind
$50 ?

What we are starting to see reminds me of a "Lock In" and slow speeds on this "Digital Money" suggests to me
that the wheels are wobbling and are about to fall off so I am well ready to jump to the Segwit ship  and i would
suggest to you that you at least put a life jacket on because I cannot see this ending well myself

greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:49:36 AM

Looks like it's not your first account here, you look like educated user with all those knowledges.
Today I have heard a gossip that Electrum will give new coins. I am also planning to move there my founds to get this air drop Grin
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:55:06 AM

Looks like it's not your first account here, you look like educated user with all those knowledges.
Today I have heard a gossip that Electrum will give new coins. I am also planning to move there my founds to get this air drop Grin
Thats right electrum is one of the best wallet to put our fund every hard fork coming, most of the time they will support every fork coin and they distruted in each every users having bitcoin in that wallet and the amount of coin will based in the amount of your bitcoin hold. Also this is safe wallet to hold our fund for long period of time.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:23:00 AM

I thought that only held one or two types of coins but i have come across the name

Stuff the miners on BTC because they are getting as little money from me as possible and because the Jaxx Wallet
gives you access to all the private keys (They are seeded) then I think i can import them anyway.

Have you noticed the amount of ICO's starting on January ? ETH will do well if it does not start crashing again me thinks

Re3urst

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:25:42 AM

I currently store my BTC on Coinbase.

I did just get a Ledger Nano S. Is it recommended for me to move the Bitcoin to the Ledger? Which one is more guaranteed to get the Segwit2x fork? ty guys
Re3urst

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:27:34 AM

Would you say transferring to the Ledger Nano S is more of a sure bet than to Binance? I hold my BTC on Coinbase currently.
Anti-Cen

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:49:34 AM

I currently store my BTC on Coinbase.

I did just get a Ledger Nano S. Is it recommended for me to move the Bitcoin to the Ledger? Which one is more guaranteed to get the Segwit2x fork? ty guys

So long as you own the private key on the 28th you can sort out getting B2X Later and because you have an Nano then I will assume that you have quite a
lot of BTC so take ownership of your own money and get them out and on to your device ASAP before the BTC network starts to lock up.

See youtube vids on how to do what and good luck because we might all be swimming soon if something is
not sorted out fast on the fees.

No point having a car if the roads don't work

godfredmanu

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:03:31 AM

Both are online exchange that you do not control the private key so I doubt if you will be able to get the free coins after the fork. As a norm , the Bitcoins should be in a wallet like www.blockchain.info where you control the private key. After the fork, you download the wallet and you  import your private key to claim your free coins.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
rodskee

Activity: 2380
Merit: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:10:09 AM

coinbase is safe online wallet nothing to worry on your bitcoin, regarding the free money give by the coinbase company durin gthe the fork you read the update from the coinbase if have free money giving from the subcribers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: