Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teleport - The Global Platform for Drone Coverage  (Read 128 times)
riderinred (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:32:01 PM

I just came across this project named "Teleport" where they want to create a network of drones, delivering stuff, while their location and coordiniation is secured via blockchain and users pay via their Teleport Token (TT)

The idea seems to be that everyone can buy "drone time". From their FAQ:
"Just as companies such as Uber and Lyft allowed vehicles to be used as a service, Teleport allows users to have Flight as a Service. Users can buy drone time and use a drone for their specific missions, whether it is taking pictures, delivering packages, or taking video overhead of a home you want to buy."

And also everyone can buy drones and charging pads to be used by the network. Providers of drones and charging pads will be paid in TT, while people who buy "drone time" pay in TT or other crypto.

Link to Website http://bit.do/teleport-earth

What do you think about this project?
Is it new or was this attempted before and I am just not aware of it?
I'll definitely keep an eye on it, sounds interesting to me.

Link is a reflink, if you don't want it use google.

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.
EasyGoing

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:56:39 PM

This seems good, but it needs high performance drones. I don't think drones can't carry foods more than uber, and this will be the hardest part.
riderinred (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:40:45 AM

This seems good, but it needs high performance drones. I don't think drones can't carry foods more than uber, and this will be the hardest part.

I also wonder what government air control will say when suddenly dozens of drones are flying around with no operator to be found.

You can't shut BTC down, but some drones... yeah that's not as hard.

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.
mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:42:02 PM

DHL already uses drones - fully autonomously, around the clock; DHL Parcelcopter 3.0 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9yZheXxyPE
So there might be a market here. Will definitely have an eye on this project.
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:55:59 PM

Was considering this project - it is lovely futuristic you know Wink but right this very moment it can not be widely adopted. There must be drones with 10 of hundreds of hours of flights without tech problems. There must be registered flight channels for them. There must be regulations and Parliaments are not very quick in their decisions. There must be flight operators. And there must be financial benefits from those. I am eager to see my screwdriver from Shanghai taken by drone to my doors in Europe but this project really need time to develop. Though it is not impossible.  
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3561

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:21:44 PM

good luck. in the USA liability and FAA regs are going to be a problem. just because amazon and dhl, with the deep pockets they have to spend on playing with this, can do it doesnt mean its feasible for smaller players yet.

i have a GPS enabled drone i fly recreationally and they are an absolute blast, but they are not yet that advanced to trust autonomously on a large scale (talking consumer level tech drones here).

but its worth watching this space.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

Interesting project. Has owner done any feasiblity study?

Why would regulators be worried? Guess the drones (Quadcopters?) flights will be low altitude with pre-determined path. And being on Blockchain will make it safe and impossible to be hacked.
I love this sort of things but with the kind of rulers on our Planet , i doubt it'll be given a chance. They just want to run everything.

Unless the flight paths will random and hidden?

madtea

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:21:34 PM

They have big team, probably as they are already in this business. The CEO Zach Doty seems to be very energetic and young! They also have interesting advisors!
Daydream 61

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:47:58 PM

Was considering this project - it is lovely futuristic you know Wink but right this very moment it can not be widely adopted. There must be drones with 10 of hundreds of hours of flights without tech problems. There must be registered flight channels for them. There must be regulations and Parliaments are not very quick in their decisions. There must be flight operators. And there must be financial benefits from those. I am eager to see my screwdriver from Shanghai taken by drone to my doors in Europe but this project really need time to develop. Though it is not impossible.  

the governments will not allow that. that will be very difficult. And a drone can not fly from China to Europe.
such a big battery does not exist. You already have to have a contract with suncontract. (SNC Token )   Grin
 besides, you need a lot of many permissions. and there is amazon and others who have a lot of money already.
So I would not invest
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:27:57 PM

It's a cool concept. I'll keep my eye on it.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:38:06 PM

I also wonder what government air control will say when suddenly dozens of drones are flying around with no operator to be found.

You can't shut BTC down, but some drones... yeah that's not as hard.

Some countries are training Hawks to fight against drones, but some experts says that is really dangerous since if Hawk fail when catching drone, he might get upset and just randomly attack an child or a kid.   We will see in future where will this move. Will countries continue with this program or not.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: