Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long transfer time from Coinbase/GDAX to Ledger Nano S?  (Read 100 times)
Re3urst (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:20:11 AM

I just transfered not a large amount of Bitcoin from Coinbase to the Ledger Nano S (segwit address).

How long is this transaction expected to take? I just realized I could have first transferred to GDAX then sent to the Ledger for no fees, but I guess I got excited and my brain wasn't working  Undecided I don't mind the $24 fee, no big deal. Thanks for commenting!
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:25:17 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 02:42:12 AM by mjglqw

Since you paid a hefty $24 transaction fee, expect it to arrive sooner or later. Most likely not more than 5 hours or so.
Good move on investing on a Ledger Nano S though. Security should always be a priority Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Re3urst (OP)

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:02:02 AM

Since you paid a hefty $24 transaction fee, expect it to arrive sooner or later. Most likely not more than 5 hours or so.
Good move on investing on a Ledger Nano S though. Security should always be a priority Wink

$24 isn't hefty. Its the price of a nice lunch or lousy dinner in a higher cost of living area in the US Wink

I will plug my Nano S in 3 hours and check. Coinbase had a message on their 'support' site saying that BTC transfers
are delayed 'a couple hours'.

From my reading, it seems like cold storage on the Ledger is a good way to ensure that I would get the Segwit2x fork. Does that sound about right?
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:09:21 AM

Good move on investing on a Ledger Nano S though. Security should always be a priority Wink

$24 isn't hefty. Its the price of a nice lunch or lousy dinner in a higher cost of living area in the US Wink

I will plug my Nano S in 3 hours and check. Coinbase had a message on their 'support' site saying that BTC transfers
are delayed 'a couple hours'.

From my reading, it seems like cold storage on the Ledger is a good way to ensure that I would get the Segwit2x fork. Does that sound about right?

Good for you. But unfortunately for most of us in 3rd world countries, $24 is a good amount of money, probably even good for almost a week's worth of food.

As for the Segwit2x fork, here's what Ledger's CEO said:
As for all fork we'll provide support if the code base is available, the blockchain exists, and trading is stable across different exchanges
source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7lnaz5/segwit2x_fork/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RobertoMakeli

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:16:18 AM

I just transfered not a large amount of Bitcoin from Coinbase to the Ledger Nano S (segwit address).

How long is this transaction expected to take? I just realized I could have first transferred to GDAX then sent to the Ledger for no fees, but I guess I got excited and my brain wasn't working  Undecided I don't mind the $24 fee, no big deal. Thanks for commenting!
I make a transaction and fee look like yours 3 days ago and it take me around 4-5 hours to complete
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: