Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain - Order prep advice/strategy  (Read 95 times)
CryptoCurt615 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:40:42 AM

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I did a search but the query didn't return any results.

I'm looking to purchase a quantity of S9's from Bitmain once they become available again and looking for advice to ensure I have all my ducks in a row come time to place the order. I missed out on the last batch since I had BTC on Coinbase but had to transfers to Poloniex to convert into BCH to submit my payment. Now that Coinbase offers BCH, hopefully that delay won't be a problem.

Transferring money to Coinbase linked to my bank account takes around 7 days. Should I have this in my USD Wallet awaiting to purchase BCH once the S9's are available? I've learned that Coinbase prices are a lot higher than other exchanges. Should I purchase an arbitrary coin with the lowest transfer fees and move to another exchange and then sell and keep capital in USD-tether until the day comes and purchase BCH for payment the day of purchase? Should I do something else? Any risk with BCH transaction times before it will become available to use for purchase?

I also have a few questions about shipping. Bitmain allows you to select UPS, DHL, and FedEx.
UPS has the highest costs but no other stipulations.
DHL and FedEx have lower costs but seem to have other requirements.

FedEx prompts you to enter a Import ID. What does exactly does this mean? Do I need to setup an FedEx account and will I have to pay a tariff to accept my shipment?

Selecting DHL gives you an Attention message: Generally, shipping with DHL will take 3-5 days. But if it's spot checked by customs before exporting, there will be around 2 weeks DELAY. And you only have 7 days to process customs clearance when miner arrives. If no action or failed, miner will be returned to send by customers. You have to cover extra cost.

How do you process customs clearance?

Are there any other considerations or tips you all can share to ensure a seamless transaction? Thank you in advance!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: