Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:32:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Primecoin Mining Rig - Parallela  (Read 11551 times)
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 10:53:39 AM

The (rather pessimistic) performance estimate for the parallella is from 2kh to 4kh per core, that's from 32Kh to 64kh for a 16 core board, consuming about 5w of power.
It's not that impressive but considering it's low wattage it could be worth a try.
mechs (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 03:33:13 PM

Plus it is very inexpensive.  probably cheaper than leasing a dedicated server.
Pt0x

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 05:49:00 PM

Anyone bought one of these? Please let us know! I'm willing to get wet with this project.

I paid for one, and I'm on the preorder list. I'm looking forward to play with it!!

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
mechs (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2013, 07:46:39 PM

Anyone bought one of these? Please let us know! I'm willing to get wet with this project.

I paid for one, and I'm on the preorder list. I'm looking forward to play with it!!
I am very curious to see how it works - would seem like an ideal match on a price/xpm mining basis.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Please update is with info once you recieve one.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mechs (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:48:16 PM

I am very curious to see how it works - would seem like an ideal match on a price/xpm mining basis.
I wonder if this will still be cost-effective now that the gpu miner finally looks like it becoming a reality.
Pt0x

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:38:02 PM

Please update is with info once you recieve one.

Sure! As soon as I get it.

Pt0x

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:40:45 PM

I wonder if this will still be cost-effective now that the gpu miner finally looks like it becoming a reality.

I don't mind if it ends up being not cost-effective, I plan to use it for other things too.

mechs (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 05:41:47 PM

I don't mind if it ends up being not cost-effective, I plan to use it for other things too.
I know - but it is so cheap relative to high-end GPUs, it might still be a better value.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 07:50:55 PM

Okay time to bookmark this. Have fun waiting  Tongue

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
JLM

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:10:12 PM

Hi, post progress.
How you will use it?
CPU mining?

1Hyawq17jkzfpunPC6tTikpgMGSsekd98z
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 04:39:37 PM

Hi, post progress.
How you will use it?
CPU mining?

I'm going to buy one to test with mining cpu coins and if its not profitable it becomes my 3d printer host. It should be just as fast if not faster than my 8 core amd slicing stl's into gcode.

ebmarket.co
mechs (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:42:44 PM

Hi, post progress.
How you will use it?
CPU mining?

I'm going to buy one to test with mining cpu coins and if its not profitable it becomes my 3d printer host. It should be just as fast if not faster than my 8 core amd slicing stl's into gcode.
Can't you just use a raspberry pi as 3d printer host or too weak?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:43:50 PM

Okay time to bookmark this. Have fun waiting  Tongue
No need to bookmark, just "watch" the thread.

{ BitSpill }
hendo420

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 04:44:03 PM

Hi, post progress.
How you will use it?
CPU mining?

Can't you just use a raspberry pi as 3d printer host or too weak?
I can use it to host the printer but not to slice stl's. I have had some models take up to a half hour to slice on my 8 core amd. lol

ebmarket.co
GPK260

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:44:47 PM

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive from Kickstarter campaign - I'll let you know as soon as it arrives

Freicoin Donations: 13dvY6AStLLSJ9VEKTSJDYkzWdgeGeyE6q
Bitcoin Donations: 1BkLCL6teSx1CRwT8yn7Qrv8hvVinuUKZx
UK Police Fraud Crime number opened against Black Arrow: NFRC141000810656
hendo420

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 04:51:59 PM

I can also think of another project that might be fun with one of these.

Add a usb tv tuner and mythtv and you have a DVR with the processing power to convert to avi on the fly.

ebmarket.co
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:07:40 PM

I think this can perform as good as a corei7 3770k when using the co-processors.
JLM

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:28:50 PM

Ufffffffffffff.
Parralella is ARM base?
Works with an Linaro Linux?

1Hyawq17jkzfpunPC6tTikpgMGSsekd98z
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 02:33:54 PM

Ufffffffffffff.
Parralella is ARM base?
Works with an Linaro Linux?

I guess so. The hardware is not that rare. So you could easily get support.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: