Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:59:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you think alternative currencies are bad think about how bad paper money is  (Read 473 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:00:34 AM

I noticed there is a lot of hate sometimes towards the clone coins and alt. coins that are coming out in droves but personally I think it's fantastic because I love seeing some real currency competition finally though I understand where the hate is coming from. It will only strengthen BTC in the long run if it's good enough and you guys should probably think about the cryptocurrencies and paper for a moment. If something like Litecoin is still worth more than the USD, what does that say about how shitty inflationary paper money is? It shows you just how much governments are devaluing everything and how poorly thought out the system is, if paper money was so great, then it should be way too expensive and not worth it at all to transfer even Bitcoin to USD but that just simply isn't the case.

Says a lot about our financial institutions I think when a person can just copy and paste a well thought out currency and mess with it themselves with it still being worth more than a dollar lol at least the alt. currencies are competing in a free market and have to prove themselves to you.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:06:00 AM

Ok so have enough shitcoins reached a dollar or more per coin that we would need all the fingers of one hand to count them yet or are you looking years into the past of "new" coins only so far?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:07:13 AM

<3 pissing off loyalists Cheesy
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:23:31 AM

I don't think there is much value in the fact that LTC is more expensive to buy than dollar.

But alt currencies do show, how retarded fiat system is. Fiat is like a premined crap with bounty blocks for creators of the money. The reason it work is in the fact, that if you don't accept it as a world reserve currency, you will get your country fucked up.

These cryptos are good stuff. I just hope one day some drone won't visit my house with a bomb, in case I will be able to make considerabely more money than I would make flipping burgers.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 05:40:56 AM

Well firstly I think as a currency bitcoin is a failure, it certainly doesn't match what its hyped up to be, and has lost nearly all its intended benefits.

I've said it many times on here, many consider btc a success purely based on what its priced at v USD.

I'm all for a new currency, as an alternative to the government controlled fiats, problem I have with the alts is they are coping a failed model.

I do think bitcoin was a big step in the right direction. However the next step needs to be an improvement. Back to basics and list what is needed to make a successful alternative to fiat and then carry out whats needed to make that happen.

Also no point in trying to make an alternative to the evil bank controlled fiat if we ourself act exactly like the bankers, which is the problem with most dev (and early adopters) within the current alt crop.

Most for within this community arent serious about a new currency, they just want something that will increase in value, because they saw what happen to btc (and they missed early btc adoption).

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:45:15 AM

I don't think increase in value by itself necessarily attracts the folk here as much as you seem to think, otherwise by now all these people who compile their own coin binaries would have long been running Open Transactions by now and all those who clamour for someone to make binaries available for download would be clamouring for Open Transactions binaries so they could cash in on trends like those seen in http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/plotltc.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: