Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon B2 81GH+ with possible hosting  (Read 1713 times)
bitdude (OP)

Activity: 277
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:34:15 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to offer you my Avalon Batch #2 in this auction.

First of all, the counter:

Auction info:
  • starting price is 100 BTC
  • BIN is 125 BTC
  • minimum increment is 0.5 BTC
  • auction ends when the GIF counter above finishes, but every new bid prolongs the auction for 4 hours; BIN ends the auction only when if I confirm it, so keep bidding even if there is BIN offer
  • bids are binding, no exceptions, you should bid ONLY IF YOU ARE 100 % SURE ABOUT THAT, if you win the auction with your bid and then you refuse to pay for whatever reason, you will get negative trust from me

Machine specification:
  • 3 module Avalon
  • original 850 Watt PSU
  • black design
  • running CKolivas 20130703 firmware
  • uptime of the machine (not cgminer) at this very moment is 14d 16h 52m 35s
  • cgminer does restart a few times a day, sometimes it is up for up to 48 hours, sometimes restarts after 2 hours, avg. number of restarts is 3-4 times a day - I have considered this not to be a great problem and thus did not try to solve this although there are plenty of tips inside Custom Hardware part of the forum on how more technical ppl can solve this completely
  • avg. hash rate with the current setup is over 81 GH/s
  • temperature is set to auto regulate to max 48C
  • runs overclocked on Frequency 345-350 MHz (auto)

Hosting info:
The machine is running in server housing AC room in Prague, Czech Republic, EU. Modules' temperatures are cca (+-1 C) 25C, 45C and 47C. It is possible for me to keep the machine in this hosting for the new owner, see pricing of this below.

Hosting pricing:
First 30 days are free of charge. Then the cost of every 30 days depends on the avg. MtGox USD/BTC rate of the first of those 30 days as follows:
  • 140 USD <= 1 BTC ....... 30 days hosting costs 1 BTC
  • 120 USD <= 1 BTC < 140 USD ....... 30 days hosting costs 1.25 BTC
  • 80 USD <= 1 BTC < 120 USD ....... 30 days hosting costs 1.75 BTC
  • 60 USD <= 1 BTC < 80 USD ....... 30 days hosting costs 2 BTC
  • 40 USD <= 1 BTC < 60 USD ....... 30 days hosting costs 2.5 BTC
  • 20 USD <= 1 BTC < 40 USD ....... 30 days hosting costs 4.25 BTC
  • 1 BTC < 20 USD ....... not available

These prices include everything and even changing the Avalon's configuration on demand, but in long term not more than 10 times per 30 days (just be sane please). It might be possible to give you SSH access to the machine (but not web, it is insecure, I access the web interface from the local network only), but I suggest you request this only if you know what to do with it, if you never worked with UNIX-like systems, this might not be a good thing for you.

Delivery:
I very strongly suggest that the new owner picks up the machine personally from me in Czech Republic, Prague. This is the only way to prevent problems with delivery, damages etc. You can come with me to the server housing, see the machine working, see how I unplug it and put into the original box. You can take benefit of machine's hosting here. If you are not near Prague now, you might be in one, two or three months and have it hosted until then.

If you do not want to pick it up personally, international DHL shipping with insurance is available, but it is at your cost and you take the risk (small but non-zero) that the machine will be damaged during the delivery.

Escrow:
Escrow is possible with John (John K.), who can also confirm that I have successfully made some trades using his escrow in the past. However, I do prefer not to use the escrow, so I am offering a bonus for non-escrow bidders.

Escrow bidders will have to pay John's fee on their own. Escrow bidders with personal pick up will have to use PGP/GPG and during the personal pick up process, send a message to John that they have received the machine and that he can release the funds. Escrow bidders with DHL will have to agree and sign PGP/GPG message to John, that they take the risk of damage on themselves and that John should release the funds when he receives an email with a scanned proof of finished delivery from me, or, obviously, when the buyer confirms that the unit was received, or when online DHL tracking system with confirmed tracking number will stay that the item was delivered.

Bonus for non-escrow bidders:
When the funds are received on my address 1F3ykymgyso4aDQ4isuAwhtT9iogxHvEzz with 6+ confirmations, the machine immediately works for you. You just tell me the configuration (which pools + credentials) and I will set it up ASAP and from that very moment it works for you. I strongly suggest that in this case we do this arrangement publicly and with a primary pool that has option for public to check the stats. Eligius is a good example. Remember, you have 30 days of hosting (from that very moment) free of charge.

Obviously, the biggest bonus is for BIN non-escrow bidder. You place the BIN, send me the private message asking for BIN confirmation, send the funds and in several hours the machine works for you.

The auction topic will remain open in order to allow us to make these agreements publicly.

Proof:
In order to prove that I do own this machine I have decided to configure it to mine on Eligius pool. You can see its stats here: http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1F3ykymgyso4aDQ4isuAwhtT9iogxHvEzz

In order for the proof to be complete it remains to sign a message with that address - i.e. prove that I do own it:
Address: 1F3ykymgyso4aDQ4isuAwhtT9iogxHvEzz
Message: Bitdude does own this address and his Avalon mines on Eligius.
Signature: HKjbnK2KigdwX0eukR/GKzfEr4dW9fktoQTmPwODT+hh8Wu/UuIyccgNiRhxo68BS/XCkKB3zIxyAPItgkAek3k=

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 05:00:58 AM

I have received a question whether a combined bid BTC + fiat would be accepted. In general, the answer is yes, but there might be some issues (like fiat vs. BTC rate) that must be solved before such a bid is accepted. Every such a bid would be recounted to its BTC value in order to be comparable with others. I would also accept fiat only with bank transfer except for CZK, which I am able to accept in cash.
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:48:08 PM

I have received PM bid in fiat, equivalent of 100.5 BTC.
patr

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 01:51:33 PM

101BTC
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:29:47 AM

Thanks patr for your bid.

I see now that it would be appropriate to define precisely how value of a fiat bid is counted. Due to the rate fluctuation the fiat bid changes over the time. Sometimes it goes as low as 100 BTC, sometimes go up to 103 BTC. So I feel it is needed to make it clear which value will be counted.

The algorithm I will be using is this: At the moment when the auction ends the value of fiat or partially fiat bids will be recounted. BTC/USD rate will be counted as (MtGox + Bitstamp) / 2. For currency rates I will use daily xe.com rate.

The fiat bid I have is 200 000 CZK. Right now, using the described algorithm, it is an equivalent of 10161.18 USD (http://www.xe.com/currencytables/?from=CZK&date=2013-08-02) and BTC/USD rate is 99.5 USD for 1 BTC. Therefore the current value of that bid is 102.12 BTC. But as mentioned, the final value will be counted at the very moment this auction ends.

The rates are known and historical values are publicly available and thus can not be manipulated and can be verified.
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:02:53 AM

The PM fiat bid was lowered to 180000 CZK.
This would go over patr's 101 BTC bid only if BTC/USD rate is as low as 90.6 USD for 1 BTC.

So, patr's 101 BTC bid is now leading significantly.
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:22:35 AM

Guys just please do not PM bid if you do not agree or understand auction rules. I want this being done right.

patr: Could you please confirm that your bid is valid even after that PM bid guy backed off ?

Thanks.
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:31:20 AM

Anyway, this looks like that the machine is approaching its new cgminer uptime record ... 48.5 hrs now:

the machine's uptime is now 16d 16h 11m 17s
you can also see the avg. hash rate being 81.8 GH/s
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 05:36:18 AM

Next 36 hours I will not be available. So please be patient with your questions.
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:04:10 PM

Please note that I have switched to 50btc pool back again, I like that pool most. The proof of ownership has already been done with Eligius, the historical data will still be available there.
patr

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:08:48 AM

Guys just please do not PM bid if you do not agree or understand auction rules. I want this being done right.

patr: Could you please confirm that your bid is valid even after that PM bid guy backed off ?

Thanks.

Rules are too confusing.
So let the other one win this auctio, I already have other offers.
bitdude (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 08:19:48 AM

OK, so we have no offers.

I see that it will probably be the best to close this topic and start a new auction with even more precisely defined rules.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: