Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great VPN For connecting closer to your favorite mining pools  (Read 4431 times)
bitminers (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:29:54 PM

http://hidemyass.com/vpn/r1875/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnnihilaT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 09:54:11 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2011, 11:22:30 PM by AnnihilaT

How is this useful?  The packets still need to route from you to the mining pool and now if you connect first they need to route first from you to the vpn and THEN to the mining pool.   You are adding at minimum 1 more hop (probably more) which means one more node across which you can get packet loss and induce additional latency.  
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 10:28:16 PM

even worse - it will greatly increase your latency, and therefore you will have more stale shares, instead of less
bitminers (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 12:26:50 AM

Not at all, when I was mining with pools in other countries there where a huge amount of hops, stales etc. This VPN client allows you to connect your miners to the closest server where the pool is your mining at. IE if I am mining from Australia and the pool I am using is in Washington, I select Washington in the list of servers (Which there are 4) there for instance and my machine is then directly connected via VPN to the proxy in Washington and then there are only a few Hops! Not the 30 Hops, reducing latency and stale shares and what Both you guys are not understanding. It's a miners best friend, the installable client is for Windows, Linux & Mac OS's.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 12:42:13 AM

I tried this by connecting to a server in Sweden when I was mining with bitcoin.lc but didnt notice any difference in stales or speed

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
AnnihilaT

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:05:41 AM

Not at all, when I was mining with pools in other countries there where a huge amount of hops, stales etc. This VPN client allows you to connect your miners to the closest server where the pool is your mining at. IE if I am mining from Australia and the pool I am using is in Washington, I select Washington in the list of servers (Which there are 4) there for instance and my machine is then directly connected via VPN to the proxy in Washington and then there are only a few Hops! Not the 30 Hops, reducing latency and stale shares and what Both you guys are not understanding. It's a miners best friend, the installable client is for Windows, Linux & Mac OS's.

Uh.... ok man Smiley  Not gonna argue with you but... you are wrong! Smiley
bitminers (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:13:04 AM

Man, seriously, before there where any pools over here in Australia, it's the only way I could get any decent mining done. It was driving me insane, with Hidemyass.com VPN the client install onto your machine, you connect authenticate to the closest server of theirs to the pool your mining at, seriously I wouldn't bother posting it unless I knew man. Just trying to help out
AnnihilaT

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:19:00 AM

I just noticed that the link he posted is an affiliate URL.   That means the OP gets paid if you sign up under that link he posted.   As a network engineer i can tell you this will not make mining better for you at all.  If anything it will be worse.
cryptomint

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:42:35 AM

Man, seriously, before there where any pools over here in Australia, it's the only way I could get any decent mining done. It was driving me insane, with Hidemyass.com VPN the client install onto your machine, you connect authenticate to the closest server of theirs to the pool your mining at, seriously I wouldn't bother posting it unless I knew man. Just trying to help out

You are not helping anyone out. You are fishing for commissions.
bitminers (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:43:00 AM

Mate, Ive been doing network's, VPN's, routing, owned an ISP, done it all for the past 15 Years and im telling you it's the only way to do it properly if your connecting to a pool in another country.

This isn't a crap VPN network, there are free gateways etc and they are crap. You install the client, select exactly the server that is closest to the mining pool your connecting to and it's perfect.

Yeah I loved it so much and know it works I am a re seller for that VPN network as it is the best!
bitminers (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:44:42 AM

I Don't need the commision, go direct to www.hidemyass.com, then goto the VPN Pro section and read about the features and buy direct, doesnt worry me in the slightest Smiley
bitminers (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:47:32 AM

http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/software/

Virtually reside and hide behind 123 VPN servers located in 28 countries with 13'000+ IP addresses

Extensive geographic coverage with servers in 28 countries to ensure fast connection speeds.
One price gets you access to all 123 VPN servers, no complex plans or usage limits.
Hide behind 13'000+ usable IP addresses, the largest amount of any VPN service.
Each time you connect you get a new IP for increased anonymity.
Multiple VPN protocols to use including OpenVPN and PPTP.
Access to custom-built HMA! Pro VPN software.
No bandwidth limitations.
VPN servers added regularly.
Fast and responsive support team.
30 day money back guarantee.
cryptomint

Activity: 61

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 02:52:26 AM

Those looking for a VPN might want to check out

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#Connectivity
Pages: [1]