Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hashgraph and how long will blockchain push forward  (Read 104 times)
Futourist (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 08:56:47 AM

Hi everyone.

So this thing called Hashgraph caught my attention recently - it's a completely different and new concept of a distributed ledger.

Here are the key points:
1. Compared to blockchain, hashgraph is better in almost every possible way (energy consuption, speed, security).
2. Hashgraph is just a working concept, there are no public ledgers built on top if it yet (no tokens, sorry)
2. It is not a proof-of-work system and it will never be.
To learn more about hashgraph I suggest reading and watching the presentation at http://www.hashgraph.com.

Here are my questions for you.
In case a better ledger comes along, what do you think will happen to blockchain?
Is there a blockchain lobby that will try to protect the crypto world (bitcoin millionaires) in some way and try to crush other technologies?
Will the blockchain coin & token market crash (and why not) in case Hashgraph developers create a public financial ledger (which probably won't happen for a long time)?

Stayn

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:05:32 AM

Blockchain is here to stay even after Hashgraph arrives. Yes, Hashgraph will be much better, but both will co-exist for a long time, because some applications just don't need the Hashgraph superior technology. Why will CryptoKitties or Decentraland need the Hashgraph? Blockchain works just as fine.
Ix

Activity: 218
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:23:58 AM

I'm no expert on the DAG tech used by iota and several others, but this appears to be very similar, using even almost identical graphics to show how consensus is reached.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: