Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:03:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex support ticket 70 days...  (Read 125 times)
yhrynchuk (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:45:31 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 10:45:58 AM by yhrynchuk

I'm waiting 70 days to see coins in my balance, I sent to Bitfinex in October 17th QTUM's... AND I STILL WAITING!!!
70 days? Are there any policy about resolution time or I can wait forever?
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 09:48:12 AM

You should have received a response before now. I would chase them up by email and also on r/BitcoinMarkets and Twitter.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
yhrynchuk (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

You should have received a response before now. I would chase them up by email and also on r/BitcoinMarkets and Twitter.

I received reply that my ticket in order so I shouldn't worry.. but I am waiting 70 days..it's just disgusting
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:15:01 AM

Unfortunately, that is a pretty standard level of support for Crypto exchanges. Trying to chase them on social media sometimes pays off but with holidays I'd guess they may not be watching that too much right now.

yhrynchuk (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:43:30 AM

Unfortunately, that is a pretty standard level of support for Crypto exchanges. Trying to chase them on social media sometimes pays off but with holidays I'd guess they may not be watching that too much right now.

So they just don't care that some tickets are not resolved for 70 days...  Embarrassed
WTF
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:05:18 AM

70 days is a horribly long waiting period. Even banks resolve account issues within days but never months. Just imagine the scandal it would create if exposed.

These are the challenges which prevent bitcoin from being adapted and accepted widely in a commercial or retail setting. It's the computer age with super fast systems in place and not those years of 64kb ram desktops. What I'm saying is it's unacceptable to wait this long to resolve any issue which has to do with a technology that was designed to speed up financial transactions in the first place.

For as long as exchanges continue this cycle of locking accounts and blocking coins, sometimes even indefinitely, there will always be uncertainty and fear in the trading environment. I'm not sure if the idea of creating a Crypto Ombudsman might help in quickly resolving open issues. Banks use a similar resolution system and they seem to act quickly when customers escalate problems to the Financial Ombudsman. 

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 11:12:30 AM

A think the long-term solution will be a technical one rather than regulatory. Decentralised peer-to-peer exchanges will eventually replace what we have now. The advancements in atomic swaps and Lightning Network are the first steps in making this possible. Regulators will probably increasingly see crypto exchanges as more of a challenge to the fiat financial system and try to eradicate them rather than police them.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:29:23 PM

I'm not sure if the idea of creating a Crypto Ombudsman might help in quickly resolving open issues. Banks use a similar resolution system and they seem to act quickly when customers escalate problems to the Financial Ombudsman. 

Won't help at all. Banks operate within an extremely regulated industry, which can't be said about services operating within the crypto ecosystem. Bitcoin exchanges can always use a lacking support crew as excuse for not being able to respond sooner. Some thing that helps nicely, is to arrange somewhat of a boycott of services not being able to offer users what they deserve. If you want to make a real statement, and make these services feel that they shouldn't mess with their users, it will hurt them the most if you hit them in their wallet. Money is the only thing that talks in this case, and if you make them earn less of that, they will start showing signs of regret and improvements.
evanderbas

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 01:32:07 PM

70 days, damn, my wait is less than that, but just as stressful I guess, since there's already money committed...

[Account Recovery > Google 2FA] - #106029

Long story short, lost both my phone and backup (for some on the forum this is my own fault, could very well be, but that is beside the point!!), so I need my F2A cancelled on my account to regain access...since 15-12-2017

There's about 2,000 IOTA in there, so naturally I feel "some urgency" (putting it mildly)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: