Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:40:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting together portfolio for 2018  (Read 295 times)
curkowski (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:02:15 AM

I'm planning to invest some more and assembly porfolio for upcoming year, plan is to year-time hold, maybe even more if it all goes well.

I was thinking something like this for final look:
60% of total balance spread between ETH, BCH and BTC, and the rest 40% spread between 5 altcoins such as Strat, Waves, XSpec, SONM, Req, Binance, maybe even put Hawala, Deepbrainchain, XRB in there... Obviously I would like to puck 5 of them, these above are my favorite based on what I read these past days,  so what are your suggestions for which 5 would be best to choose? Also, what do you think, is distribution in this portfolio good or nah?
Thank you
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:24:52 AM

Xrb no good to invest right now , 100x in 1 month already , better sell in profit or not invest .
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:56:03 AM

I'm planning to invest some more and assembly porfolio for upcoming year, plan is to year-time hold, maybe even more if it all goes well.

60% of total balance spread between ETH, BCH and BTC, and the rest 40% spread between 5 altcoins such as Strat, Waves, XSpec, SONM, Req, Binance, maybe even put Hawala, Deepbrainchain, XRB in there... Obviously I would like to puck 5 of them, these above are my favorite based on what I read these past days,  so what are your suggestions for which 5 would be best to choose? Also, what do you think, is distribution in this portfolio good or nah?
Thank you

Do you look for new project or old altcoin? Maybe you know better than me which one is better. New or old. What is the pros and cons. Anyway, i always prefer old altcoin like you also already mention above. Bit i add Xrp, Xmr and Nxt. Those are good in my opinion.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:19:02 AM

what about getting into relatively new coins that are currently doing well like qtum, neo, omg and also possibly considering dash, monero, zcash, litecoin ?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Chrizz

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:31:26 PM

I would definitely include waves, one of the most promising projects to me.
realknow

Activity: 546
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:42:24 PM

really we should choose one of the crypto for investment in 2018

Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:54:34 PM

Whatever you do, do not even think about putting money on xspec, they are scam, they are using bots to spam the whole forum with their useless specifications and non sense threads, we aware of this coin.
helloinox

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:05:47 PM

I'm planning to invest some more and assembly portfolio for upcoming year, plan is to year-time hold, maybe even more if it all goes well.

Thank you
Same, I will share my total portfolio into top coin, BTC, ETH, LTC and few more young altcoin with masternode.
curkowski (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:57:48 PM

So basically, out of those 5 altcoins, as far as I can see, Waves and strats are lock, everyone vouch for them. Others are hot and cold, some hotter some colder. SONM impressed me, I can see potential in it, XSPEC is pretty popular too but every now and then I read something like davinus wrote (I need third opinion on that)... So yeah, Strat, Waves, SONM and one more (was XSPEC, but will look into that more) and for fifth spot I think about splitting small funds in those that costs couple cents or dollars that have ambitious projects and predictions behind them...
What do you think about that, and what do you think what altcoins could that be?
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:02:58 PM

So basically, out of those 5 altcoins, as far as I can see, Waves and strats are lock, everyone vouch for them. Others are hot and cold, some hotter some colder. SONM impressed me, I can see potential in it, XSPEC is pretty popular too but every now and then I read something like davinus wrote (I need third opinion on that)... So yeah, Strat, Waves, SONM and one more (was XSPEC, but will look into that more) and for fifth spot I think about splitting small funds in those that costs couple cents or dollars that have ambitious projects and predictions behind them...
What do you think about that, and what do you think what altcoins could that be?
A No for xspec , dont invest.
STRAT WAVES SONM are great.
Maybe pick Omisego and some Lisk (!?)
Thats the strong list ever for 2018 imo.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:01:37 PM

Thank you

Fill it up with Monero and you will for sure do well.  Monero will have so many new things happening in 2018.  Catching up all Bitcoin copy/paste clones.
Qrivium

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:20:47 PM

OMG, NEO and PPT, GByte, Cloak.   I think BAT will do great next year, and I think Digibyte could suprise many here

Good luck!!
browniee

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:50:07 PM

Xrb no good to invest right now , 100x in 1 month already , better sell in profit or not invest .
Xrb is a potential top 10 (maybe top 5) coin lol.
Why is nobody talking about ICX? You need some ICX in your port Grin
Maybe a coin like powr or hawala (high risk, high reward tho)
LukaIII

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:55:12 PM

i would look into viberate, as it will probably have big returns in 2018, you can read more about it here: https://www.viberate.io/
GaryBel

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:07:04 PM

This is the end of my first year in cryptos. Here is what I am holding as % at the moment, exact numbers from blockfolio. Feel free to criticize in any way you like and advice me on how I should rebalance and add/remove too.

%49.45 BTC : I try not to go lower than %50 for BTC since I am still a noob and can't really ride BTC swings, so 50 a fair % for me I think.

%18.96 BCH : I just didn't sell my BCH and added a few later on. Bitcoin.com is owned by bch which is insane exposure. Roger is doing ANTI AUTHORITY speeches these days. I think at some time in the future cryptos will be tested with violence like they haven't been before so keeping a bitcoin version which is supported by anti-authority mindset should be profitable.

%8.35 XRP : Fast transactions and they are playing "the good guys" pretty good. Lately overbought I guess but you never know, good to keep.

%4.85 ETH : Still going strong, I think a must in every portfolio

%4 XRB : New kid running for top 10 to challenge ripple, possibly best technology out so it is a good bet. 1bn market cap is too low for this.

%2.75 XMR : Privacy coin category, again in case authorities tighten their grip.

%2.31 GNT : A computing power marketplace, there is no possible way in the future computing power would lose value and GNT seems to be the leader on this. A solid long term bet.

%1.37 VET: Seems these guys are very good with real world usage, I saw lacking in crypto real world usage in general and wanted to hold some of this.

%1.22 IOTA :  Joined the "tangle" hype with this. Bosch involvement also pretty good. If they can pull it off will moon.

%1.21 BRD : These guys know wallet business, they will also launch credit card and other financial services. This should be better than monaco and others so holding.

%0.93 ZEC : Zcash for privacy investment as they are also trying some other cool method

%0.74 SC : Seems like best bet in cloud storage blockchain field

Others between %0.7-%0.3 :

CVC
ZRX
REP
KMD
OMG
PRL
1ST

%0.3-%0.1 :

ZEN
ETN
BAT
NEO
XLM
Zenoru

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:21:15 PM

Most of the picks are decent. Here are some thoughts:

I guess the Binance coin will probably continue to do well, but I am just wary now that its price is already quite high and its performance is so coupled with the success of the Binance exchange, since BNB is used to pay trading fees (imagine what would happen if it gets hacked and goes bankrupt, like a number of other exchanges have in the past).

For payments/remittances: I think Stellar Lumens is very low and will probably spike soon to $0.40-0.50 due to the recent Ripple rally. Request Network, OmiseGO are also pretty strong - OmiseGO in particular since it's backed by a real company that already existed for several years. Request Network is lower cap and riskier, but potentially way more profitable.

For privacy: I think Zencash is quite undervalued, but you can stick with Monero for a safer choice.

Others: I think the next big thing are coins that enhance/facilitate crypto-trading and/or a multi-blockchain/tokenized economy + allow users to control their coins: for example 0x, ARK (and its upcoming ICO partner, Blockport.io), Blocknet, Komodo. Perhaps Enigma/Santiment as well since those are focused on facilitating crypto-trading. As crypto goes mainstream, it is going to be important to easily allow the average person to be able to trade cryptocurrencies without having to learn about all these exchanges and/or worry about being hacked.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:30:28 PM

If you'll gonna ask me, my take for a crptoportfolio for 2018 will go like this. Sixty percent of my holdings will distributed between these trifecta: BTC, ETH and LTC. I think this three will still make a very big splash in 2018 and eventually will provide you the best combination of profit. The remaining 40% will be allotted to altcoins that have promising future like Waves, some privacy coin (privacy coin will play an important role in cryptosphere next year), Dogecoin (yes, the memecoin which will be used to transfer money between exchanges without paying high transaction fees) and lastly a masternode coin that has not been pumped this year. In the end, these are just my picks and you can take something out of it if you want. Be mindful that your list is also great.  Wink
arakosta

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:33:01 PM

I think most of the coins posted by the others are OK, but in my opinion, overdiversifying is a huge mistake. Choose 3-4 coins max. and stick with them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: