Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:41:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I got scammed on LocalBitcoins  (Read 164 times)
ilRena (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:33:33 AM

Hi, some days ago I sold 1400 USD in Bitcoins, the payment method was PayPal.
I got the money but today I saw some emails on my inbox from Paypal saying that my money is missing.
The person that gave me the money maked a ChargeBack.
I called personally to PayPal and they said that the seller accused me for thiefing so they refunded the money to him.

Now I need help, because I can't do nothing in my PayPal account but I think I can get my BTCs back if I report this to LocalBitcoins. How can I do that? Opening a ticket?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spamsucks

Activity: 306
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:07:54 PM

Hi, some days ago I sold 1400 USD in Bitcoins, the payment method was PayPal.
I got the money but today I saw some emails on my inbox from Paypal saying that my money is missing.
The person that gave me the money maked a ChargeBack.
I called personally to PayPal and they said that the seller accused me for thiefing so they refunded the money to him.

Now I need help, because I can't do nothing in my PayPal account but I think I can get my BTCs back if I report this to LocalBitcoins. How can I do that? Opening a ticket?

Thanks.

Paypal and bitcoin dont mix well.

There is more than likely nothing you can do, and your money is lost.

However that being said, try to track the persons pay pal account and see if they were the one you worked with...

Did you communicate with them via the same email address as the pay pal account?

If so, contact police and file a complaint for grand larceny and see what you have to do to follow it up
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:50:10 PM

If it's been a few days, I doubt the thief would have left the coins sitting on his Localbitcoins account to this very day. He might have already tumbled and laundered your coins long before PayPal limited your account.

I have been repeating myself here about PayPal's reversibility risks to a point where I probably sound like a broken radio or a retarded parrot but I do it in the hope it will at least save one from being victimized by a PayPal chargeback scammer. Your experience is an example of the kind of scam you see on an almost daily basis in the currency exchange, loans and goods sections. The throwaway accounts keep coming, a never ending cycle of creating accounts, scamming, discarding accounts and creating more.

Yes, you can open a ticket but I doubt you will get any coins back.... unless the thief's LBC account was locked after the transaction or placed on forced holiday. This happens when users trigger the site's automated fraud detection system which then refers the account for manual review or identity verification. If you're lucky, the thief's coins might still be on his account. Open a ticket but don't get too excited. Expecting a loss will help you cope with the situation better if it turns out the coins are gone.

I would still recommend that you report the matter to Localbitcoins. Banning and suspending the thief's account will at least help prevent further misuse of that account.

Staubkorn

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:31:47 PM

Yes, you can open a ticket but I doubt you will get any coins back.... unless the thief's LBC account was locked after the transaction or placed on forced holiday.

forced holiday can still withdraw bitcoins
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:42:31 PM

Localbitcoin is a jerk site, i have written emails to them many times that my old localbitcoin account is hacked 6 months ago , but they dont do anything , they let my impersonator trade and scam people on my behalf, i have 5+ complaints against me on LBC and believe me i have done none of trade there, i have been screaming to LBC support to ban my account or atleast check the IP or country at least from where the account was made but they dont do anything.

LBC is a scam or support scammers, i don't recommend it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: