Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:40:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LABCOIN Speculation Thread  (Read 10077 times)
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:32:36 PM

BTCGarden IPO seems like an extremely poor short term investment.  There's virtually no chance of the price going up short term. 
You messed up the term.
You didn't mean "investment", you meant "speculation".

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:40:21 PM

BTCGarden IPO seems like an extremely poor short term investment.  There's virtually no chance of the price going up short term. 

the price is up...you fail
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:05:24 PM

the price is up...you fail
Wow a whole 5%. Compare to Labcoin's 300% increase at its peak just hours after the IPO.
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:11:14 AM

Bump.

Asks have no meat until 0.0016. Most bids are at 0.0012. Not too exciting Wink
foxykah

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:35:26 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 02:32:36 PM by foxykah

Bump.

Asks have no meat until 0.0016. Most bids are at 0.0012. Not too exciting Wink

How funny it is to read this after the recent bubble Cheesy

EDIT: Well, maybe not...  Cheesy

Good things come to those who wait.
alexius89

Activity: 709

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 06:38:05 PM

so you guys seriously think that the Share Price  drops to about 0.002 ?

please answer

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 06:52:17 PM

No it's all fud today buddy. 0 change since last update the stock is still the same, it's just the manipulator a making a few hundred coins

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
foxykah

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:04:51 PM

please answer

no, that thinking is history.

Good things come to those who wait.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 04:45:39 AM

Pretty quiet in the speculation thread
So many stories over in the main  Cheesy

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
carpetbagger

Activity: 258

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:09:36 AM

Pretty quiet in the speculation thread
So many stories over in the main  Cheesy

Haha yes! My finger was hovering close to the "dump everything" button more than once. Glad I didn't fall for it.

Keep clam & hodl on
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 09:41:41 AM

eve scared me
i sold all Smiley
bitfromit

Activity: 329

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:24:56 AM

Weird how all the action always goes on the main thread,
and not the spec thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263445.new#new 
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:57:05 AM

please answer

no, that thinking is history.

History can repeat itself

San1ty

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 10:42:24 AM

If they post another update today with pictures, share price is going to be insane.

Edit: Phase 2 of rally commencing.

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
Progressive

Activity: 181

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:55:57 AM

Relevant posts:

UPDATE:

Just got off talking to Sam. The miners are running and the team is working on the pool mining integration, this should all be done in 'a few hours' (less then 12, more likely less then that but I have advised against setting a specific hour/time as this just leads to frustration if missed) and users will be able to view the mined coins through pool and this address:

https://blockchain.info/address/17psAW21J4twanAFWmbcd5WdX2pKeX3trm

I have asked Sam to sign the address so that it can be proven without a doubt that Labcoin is indeed the entity mining.

According to Sam the initial hash rate will be 'a few' TH and will be scaled up in the coming days as more miners come online.

TLDR; Pool mining is being integrated and will be running in the next few hours (less than 12). Address provided above will be used for mining and will be signed as proof. Initial mining will be 'a few' TH and scaled up in the coming days.

Update:

Just a small update with the address signed so that there is less confusion and fud when pool mining is running.

Signature: HJRjzVPG3CC5OjInesByNcdfkI2kz6hONR3LjVUABUVDq03Z3ARcmEfdXWeJwzX0zUqoWkyx1rNjmps CuP8cWQA
Address: 17psAW21J4twanAFWmbcd5WdX2pKeX3trm

Latest posts of TheSwede75: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=90389;sa=showPosts
Latest posts of user labcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=120219;sa=showPosts
Progressive

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 10:23:25 AM

They switched from slush's pool to BTC Guild.

The hashing rate of BTC Guild is 391T.

25 * 2 / 391 = 0.127 BTC, so it took more than 5 blocks for 2Th/s to get 0.7 BTC.

By checking the transaction history, however, 0.7BTC could be the income of 2 blocks. So the hashing speed is 391 * 0.7 / 25 = 11 Th/s.

Great number. Smiley But we'd better to check more paying before we can know their actual hashing rate.
Progressive

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:56:47 AM

Highlights:

Progressive

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 08:36:27 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2013, 09:01:13 AM by Progressive

I quoted velacreation's list partly because some readers may have blocked him. I didn't reviewed the troll list, but I remember some of the names posting extreme amount of posts (i.e. velacreations had 10 posts on 2 consecutive pages). Also I can't recall you (pankkake) spamming.
I just quoted the posts that seemed interesting to me for other readers (so they don't have to read the whole spamthread).
freedomno1
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 11:20:56 PM

This thread is weird acts more like an information thread than the main thread ever does

Progressive

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 08:15:55 AM

Again, here is an information extract from last dozens of Labcoin main thread's pages:

New updates from TheSwede75:
UPDATE:

As usual by now I am very sorry for the lack of updates. I do however at this time have an update for actual hashing.

Though the launch of the mining operation has been delayed and the team is still tweaking miners we now have around 800gh hashing at btcguild at:

http://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=rankings&section=teams

The Labcoin team is currently listed as 24 Labcoin.

According to Sam, more hash rate will be deployed daily. I do not have any goals or hash rate estimates to communicate right now but as soon as I do, I will of course communicate this.

I hope that I can provide more timely updates on a lot of open questions shortly, and I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
UPDATE:

Even though I don't like making promises but Sam has assured me that 20TH is a goal that will not be missed within 2 weeks.

I am also working on having the "warning" removed from the security as Sam assured me that the team has not to sell any significant amount of shares and the ownership is still far above the 75% that was communicated as the holding limit.

I don't think the locked shares thing is a big deal, but that warning needs to be cleared up ASAP.

I am in contact with burnside regarding resolving this ASAP. Since the team has separate accounts with BTCT.CO we are trying to find a smart solution to locking a certain amount (75%) of founder shares across several accounts.

I can only reiterate that the same statement as issued is still true and 75% of founder shares are, and will be held for 12 months from the date of the announcement.

Wise from my mistakes I am not giving a deadline, but I hope and think that we can resolve this "warning" very soon.

burnside have changed the wording of the warning at btct:
WARNING -- This asset has been flagged for potential violation of their Stockholder Agreement. More information is available here. Please place your orders accordingly.
and linked it to this post of his:
The day before Lehman Bros collapsed the CEO told investors in a conference call that the company was in no danger of insolvency. He knew exactly what was happening.

His defense was that if he had told investors the true state of the company that it would have immediately collapsed due to share selling.

You are correct and I agree 100%.

The exchange does not know the facts behind the situation and made a public statement.

Statements should be coming from LabCoin.

-Ukyo

The statement the exchange made was 100% factual.  Though it could have been worded differently, the warning needed to be made.  Attempts at communication prior to the issuance of the warning had not been successful.

I have updated the warning.

For those that are curious about what we are currently trying to figure out, it's this clause:

General shareholder contract and IPO information

Labcoin.com aims to raise 7.000 Bitcoin (BTC) through the issue of 7.000.000 shares in the IPO. The shares will be issued at a price of 0.001 BTC per share. The total amount of shares in labcoin.com will be 10.000.000 shares, with labcoin employees, representatives and owners will hold 30% of outstanding shares.

We have asked for verification of the withholding of 30% of the shares.

Some other users have pointed out, correctly, that other issues have had contract violations.  This is true, but I should point out a couple of things.  First, the ability to put notices on individual assets is a relatively new feature in the site code.  Second, we've also recently placed warnings on other issues elsewhere and we have documented these.  Third, we can only place warnings where we are aware of the contractual issues.  That is to say that we have to get notice from people familiar with the particular issue and then look into it ourselves.

We'll refine and improve on the process as we have done with most things.

Cheers.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: