Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:22:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing money from Coinbase  (Read 248 times)
Thanhjonhan (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 12:38:36 PM

I'm having a nightmare withdrawing money from Coinbase.

So they say I have to convert my money into EURO which I have done, then I have to withdraw my money via SEPA which my bank (Halifax) don't offer.

I'm really annoyed right now as I just want the money in my bank account.

Can someone please guide me on what to do?

Are there any other websites that allow easy transfer to a UK bank or be able to convert money into anything that's useable?

I can buy BTC with the money in the account if I need to transfer it to another website.

I just want the money back in my UK bank account!

Please help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:40:18 PM

Open a bank account with a bank that support  SEPA.

So they say I have to convert my money into EURO which I have done, then I have to withdraw my money via SEPA which my bank (Halifax) don't offer.

Are there any other websites that allow easy transfer to a UK bank or be able to convert money into anything that's useable?

I can buy BTC with the money in the account if I need to transfer it to another website.

Please help!
CyberR.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:10:42 PM

Please help!
Don't worry. There's this one thing I would have done in this case :-
A. 1. Convert the money in your account to Bitcoins.
    2. Go to Localbitcoins.com
    3. Trade your Bitcoins for bank transfer P2P
        Rates aren't 1:1 though, you'll lose some money.

B. 1. Convert the money in your account to Bitcoins.
    2. Go to Currency Exchange Subforum and find someone reputable who is buying Bitcoins for Paypal or Bank Transfer
    3. Get money in Paypal and send to Bank.

Goodluck
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:29:03 PM

Yes, localbitcoin could be a way (safe because act as escrow) , but i suggest him to stay away from LBC because a lot buyer\sellers are involved in money laundering or fraud activity....

Please help!
Don't worry. There's this one thing I would have done in this case :-
A. 1. Convert the money in your account to Bitcoins.
    2. Go to Localbitcoins.com
    3. Trade your Bitcoins for bank transfer P2P
        Rates aren't 1:1 though, you'll lose some money.

B. 1. Convert the money in your account to Bitcoins.
    2. Go to Currency Exchange Subforum and find someone reputable who is buying Bitcoins for Paypal or Bank Transfer
    3. Get money in Paypal and send to Bank.

Goodluck
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:45:31 PM

Please help!

If you have the bitcoin saved in the coinbase wallet first transfer that concern wallet fund to the localbitcoins exchange site. You will get the deposit fees for adding the bitcoin to the LBC wallet. However, you will get the fund value equals to fiat cash as you see in the preev chart when the time you exchanged it.
Amount will be always higher than you can find the Google and preev price index.

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:58:38 PM

It useful to transaction process. It use to safe and you will easy to transaction process. It will connect the people for the transaction process. It use to care full for copy the address. It important for the transaction process. If wrongly add the address it will send wrong person. So you can find bitcoin it where to send. So you will check the bitcoin before transaction process. Coinbase is help to for the future saving.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:25:22 PM

If the option to open a bank account with SEPA is not available, just convert back to bitcoins and sell it on localbitcoins. Just be mindful of the fees of things starting from the miner's fee, to the receiving fee of local bitcoins to possibly localbitcoin selling fees. Bitcoin to fiat transactions are really a drag to be honest, too much fees involved and a lot of hassle for anyone wanting to convert.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 02:14:46 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 03:09:24 AM by pinkflower

Stay away from Coinbase, I heard some withdrawals are taking too long to get to their bank accounts lately.

The best thing for you to do is buy BTC, and withdraw via another exchange. Localbitcoins as other suggested is good but the fees will be high. If you want a wire transfer my suggestion would be to use bitstamp.com. Its one of the oldest and most trusted exchanges out there.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:00:30 AM

You have many options apart coinbase for converting bitcoins into fiat and then withdraw to your bank account without going through a weird verification process like you need to do on coinbase, you will hate thrm when you felt need of their support. Simply browse local exchangers on localbitcoins.com or just create an offer thread in currency exchange board on this forum and make deal in brief time
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:32:15 AM

Please help!

I guess you're going to need to open up a bank account that works with coinbase. Either that or you're going to have to find someone who will allow you to transfer into their bank and then have them move it into your own bank account. You're in a tough spot right now; maybe you can try to contact coinbase itself and work with them. I've heard for the most part that these services aren't the best with how they treat their customers, so be careful in how you approach this situation and try not to use coinbase ever again.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:50:17 PM

If the option to open a bank account with SEPA is not available, just convert back to bitcoins and sell it on localbitcoins. Just be mindful of the fees of things starting from the miner's fee, to the receiving fee of local bitcoins to possibly localbitcoin selling fees. Bitcoin to fiat transactions are really a drag to be honest, too much fees involved and a lot of hassle for anyone wanting to convert.
I was about suggesting the same thing to him… it would be best to convert it back to Bitcoins and then use a local exchanger to get the money to your account, cause getting into your bank directly won’t really be that much easy. Another way would be ordering for their debit card and using it to withdraw from the ATM.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:34:46 PM

I've had a lot of problems with Coinbase, and I do not think they care about the customer. They really have a very irrelevant understanding, and although they send me an email, they do not reply. This does not mean they are definitely busy, at least more than one employee can work.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Baileyshambles

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

Hey, I had same issue being I the UK. After lots of research, I found a simple way. Download and register Revolut. It will give you a SEPA EU bank account. You will need to send a first time deposit to coin base (min 10euro) so that the account is recognised.Then you can send euro from coin base to revolut, from which you can exchange to gbp and send to your UK bank,hsbc lloyds etc... Both the deposit and withdrawal took 1-2 days each and I did it this week.it works. Let me know if you need any further help on it!! Good luck
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: