Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fees problem  (Read 475 times)
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 543

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:28:47 PM

What is wrong with fees?. it is much higher now. if you have any idea or a wallet that uses low fees i will be glad to hear about it. please share with me what you do with this silly problem.

Well for starters the demand of bitcoin is at all-time-high as well. Lots of movements in blockchain that's why the mempool is always full and there's that spammers who really don't want to harm the network as well. Not only you but everyone is really complaining about the current situation that sometimes we are very frustrated because we can't do anything about our transactions but to wait for it to be confirmation. I'm using Electrum wallet. One advantage of it is that you can dynamically adjust the fees yourself. Of course if you have it to be confirmed in the next 5 blocks or so, you have to pay a higher fee. But sometimes I got lucky and my transaction can be confirmed in the next block without paying that much. Again, all we can do its to wait and have patience if our transactions is not confirmed in under 3 hours.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:28:59 PM

Using a Segwit wallet you’ll have lower fees. I don’t know how low, though, as I have got one recently, but I haven’t sent any BTC, but that’s what I’ve read. I suppose until lighting network gets implemented fees will keep high no matter what wallets you use but for that we’ll have to wait for a while.
Segwit wallet should have a faster confirmation and lower fees if we compare to a standard wallet, the problem is lack of people using the segwit wallet so we can feel a significant difference about it. And also lack of acception segwit wallet in mainstream make Bitcoin fees rise so high.
Essaint56

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:30:56 PM

I think a fix or enhancements needs to happen before the problem of high fees can be solved. We can't deny the fact that the price of bitcoin had already ballooned to 20K, and more and more transactions are happening.
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

Better use an exchange. Wallets really hurt right now when it comes to fees even if you can control them.
That is one more problem. You put down the satoshis per bytes then it might be flying in the air for a long time before you receive it.

A pool is better and one is polo which services are like 50k sats. Doesnt hurt much like other which have 100k fees.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:59:18 PM

What is wrong with fees?. it is much higher now. if you have any idea or a wallet that uses low fees i will be glad to hear about it. please share with me what you do with this silly problem.
This is where bitcoin lacks its integrity in the world of crypto. The user base is increasing a lot day by day and this is bringing huge stress on the miner side. Thats mostly related with the scale up problem of the bitcoin which was supposed to be clear down in the last segwit2x but the blockchain size did nothing. Lets hope that the upcoming segwit2x will bring up something good to us. This is however not official yet but we can expect it for now as we can't do much about it due to uncertainty of the blockchain.

I am also stuck with many transaction and few of them are literally one week old or more. This is crazy and we can't even reverse the transaction at anytime because its just not possible. Very frustrating sometimes but we can't do anything but wait for it.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:04:29 PM

Is actually a bizarre situation to deal with this very high fees. Anyway, what I do is to accumulate my transaction. The waiting to gather btc is causing much delay.
alphacoco

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:17:56 PM

9.95 today to move .1 to trading satoshi, ridiculous.

i know it doesnt work as a currency but why do all these other coins and exchanges insist on a deposit in btc. it just ruins my whole trading experiance

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
CryptoChris18

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:18:12 PM

Its not only your problem ... If anyone know the solution please share with us ... now you can make transaction via ETH .. im doing it
Tony_Nguyen

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:25:24 PM

The fee of sending btc in/out an exchange is very expensive. BTC was >1000$ at the beginning of the year, now it is almost 20k$ but the fee still 0.001/0.002 btc? what's an unfair practice.
gorodi

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:17:51 PM

I think it is better to come and try to use some new fresh wallets. You can try Mycelium, you can send there there for 1-2$
newb-dev

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:23:24 PM

Yeah, it is a real problem right now. People prefer bitcoin over banks because you cut the middleman so you get lower fees, but this seems to be the opposite in this case
ahpkind

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:33:06 PM

There are too much of fees on small transactions even so making transactions with bitcoin are somehow cause of a loss if you don't have large amounts as well as transaction process is too much slow because the confirmations are taking too long. If you use Segwit wallet, then it will cost low fees as compared to non-segwit wallets. Apart from this you can try the poloniex exchaging site, they have a bit low fees, I have seen some tricks on the web about that.
boruto99

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:41:11 PM

if you want transfer dont buy btc but buy alt after that sell your alt to btc. done.

if you transfer btc to other wallet.
1. fees very hight
2. so many unconfirmed blockhain btc (https://blockchain.info/id/unconfirmed-transactions)

but if you buy alt then sell alt to bct. its make save your time. choose wisely..
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:50:57 PM

Better use an exchange. Wallets really hurt right now when it comes to fees even if you can control them.
That is one more problem. You put down the satoshis per bytes then it might be flying in the air for a long time before you receive it.

A pool is better and one is polo which services are like 50k sats. Doesnt hurt much like other which have 100k fees.

Bittrex takes 100k fee. But i got used to this. 15 $ better than 40 with blockchain.info. And i like that i got BTC really during 20-30minutes, when i use bittrex. yes, not cheap, but really fast. Anyway i try not to do any useless and not urgent payments now, im waiting better times.

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
teejaymuna

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 06:11:41 PM

Bitcoin transaction fee is very high but I think it's what makes it unique. I'm sure Bitcoin is aware of the fact that it has competitors now but if it still decides to stay the way it is then I'm sure there's either a reason or a plan. It's Bitcoin all the way for me
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:19:10 PM

Bitcoin transaction fee is very high but I think it's what makes it unique. I'm sure Bitcoin is aware of the fact that it has competitors now but if it still decides to stay the way it is then I'm sure there's either a reason or a plan. It's Bitcoin all the way for me

I'm not sure you understand about Bitcoin at all.

faucet used to be profitable
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:24:18 PM

if you want transfer dont buy btc but buy alt after that sell your alt to btc. done.

if you transfer btc to other wallet.
1. fees very hight
2. so many unconfirmed blockhain btc (https://blockchain.info/id/unconfirmed-transactions)

but if you buy alt then sell alt to bct. its make save your time. choose wisely..

Fees you are finding will be recovered after 24 hours for sure, since segwit implementation inprogress now you will find the fees still high in the every wallet whether it is desktop wallet or online wallet. It will be high in all the wallets.
I think we will find the bitcoin transaction would be goes down to 0.0003 or 0.0002 btc only now.
We may find the bitcoin price also increased than we see in the price chart today.
Sadnu

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:34:43 PM

If you have a problem with your fees learn how to save money. Because when you did not learn your fees and bills will increase too much. Fee charges are raised electronically once you have formally enrolled onto your course and notification of fees invoiced sent to your Edinburgh Napier University email address. It is very important to accumulate a lot of electricity, your fees is very low.
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 07:00:32 PM

Bitcoin fees and long transaction times has been an issue for
quite some time. It needs immediate attention or it will
simply defeat it's purpose of being used as a currency for
buying and selling.

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
dzkazmi

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:06:17 PM

Fees is the only problem bitcoin having, if somehow they solve the fees issue, bitcoin will go way much up in price.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: