Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:23:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB Samsung memory errors  (Read 404 times)
ChipsSlave (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:39:58 PM

Hello all,

I have got a rig of six Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB. I have modified and flashed them with one and single bios. Now every single GPU is hashing at the rate of 28.8+ and power consumption bellow 110 watts and temperature not reaching 60c. Process clock: 1125, memory clock: 2000. Two gpu's not giving a single memory error and the other four is throwing errors but still keeping hash rates stable.

How is this possible that one and the same bios is working differently on 6 and the same type of GPU's. How to resolve memory errors? Should i try to overclock problematic cards at the lower levels?

Any suggestions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptbro

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:46:02 PM

Would like to know as well. I've got a card that's throwing mem errors like crazy but hashrate is just fine.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:45:02 PM

- there is a chance you vga cards have a different bios Smiley
from the same manufacturer , same model number , vga cards can have different bios version numbers ...Rom files are not interchangeable .
if you flahsed a wrong bios version number to your cards , its can give you a lot of mem errors , decreased hashrate , hashrate going up and down , you mining rig become instable , random reboots , blue screen ...

- or you have a cards with a very different ASIC quality , so every cards need to be fine tuned one by one , if you want to get out the max from them Smiley Higher ASIC quality cards have more overclocking potential ..

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:50:28 PM

Hello all,

I have got a rig of six Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB. I have modified and flashed them with one and single bios. Now every single GPU is hashing at the rate of 28.8+ and power consumption bellow 110 watts and temperature not reaching 60c. Process clock: 1125, memory clock: 2000. Two gpu's not giving a single memory error and the other four is throwing errors but still keeping hash rates stable.

How is this possible that one and the same bios is working differently on 6 and the same type of GPU's. How to resolve memory errors? Should i try to overclock problematic cards at the lower levels?

Any suggestions?

Although the videocard of the same manufacturer and uses the same memory, the memory chips are still different. Some more successful, others less.
Memory frequencies for each card individually and then install them in the rig.
Although the frequency of 2000 MHz is small...

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
IGROK2005

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:41:44 PM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to reach your results on same cards - and having hard time getting beyond 25 mh/s (Anorak mod OR Polaris OneClickPatch BIOS Mod)
Which BIOS mod did you use?
I want to try and see if I get same errors with same speed
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:31:03 AM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to reach your results on same cards - and having hard time getting beyond 25 mh/s (Anorak mod OR Polaris OneClickPatch BIOS Mod)
Which BIOS mod did you use?
I want to try and see if I get same errors with same speed

Well, I have tried these mods as well, but no luck there so after researching I have decided to go ahead and mod it myself. Here are few links that might help you.

https://steemit.com/mining/@myethereum/how-to-set-memory-timings-straps-powersave-and-overcloking-for-mining-etherreum-working-with-rx470-rx570-up-to-29-mhs-and-90w
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/amd-ati-flashing-guide.212849/
http://hardware4mining.com/
IGROK2005

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:46:36 PM

Thanks for the article. Really helped to boost to 28.3 Mh/s in single mode (at 74 degrees C, 95 watt)
Not getting any hash errors.

I wonder if you have sufficient power/volttage on the cards.
Do you think that you have sufficient PSU?

I remember similar issues with DDRAM (depending on sequence, placement) - I was "losing" RAM till I found that stronger PSU solved it

NB: going to install more GPU, will report back with my findings (so far running just one)

Cheers

ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:37:09 PM

Thanks for the article. Really helped to boost to 28.3 Mh/s in single mode (at 74 degrees C, 95 watt)
Not getting any hash errors.

I wonder if you have sufficient power/volttage on the cards.
Do you think that you have sufficient PSU?

I remember similar issues with DDRAM (depending on sequence, placement) - I was "losing" RAM till I found that stronger PSU solved it

NB: going to install more GPU, will report back with my findings (so far running just one)

Cheers

Did you flash your cards? My power meter currently shows the whole rig is using below 950w of power so I would assume it should be enough. My cards throw memory errors at random. Sometimes when i reboot my system gpu0 is showing stable 0 next time same card is throwing many errors, very strange. What motherboard do you use and how many rams you got installed?
fiorano

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:23:26 PM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

Hi,  I hope you dont mind me asking but I too am setting up a rig with 6 Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB cards.  I have a  Seasonic Prime SSR-1200GD 1200 W 80 Plus Gold Modular Active PFC Power Supply Unit.  Can you share what Risers you have installed (do you have a link?)??

Many thanks for your time
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:27:42 PM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

Hi,  I hope you dont mind me asking but I too am setting up a rig with 6 Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB cards.  I have a  Seasonic Prime SSR-1200GD 1200 W 80 Plus Gold Modular Active PFC Power Supply Unit.  Can you share what Risers you have installed (do you have a link?)??

T-Module Updated PCI-E Express 1x to 16x Powered Riser Cables 0.6m USB3.0 SATA to Molex 6 Pin Kit Pack of 6, GPU Adapter Card Extender Cable Building https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZF96W8?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
fiorano

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:33:25 PM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

T-Module Updated PCI-E Express 1x to 16x Powered Riser Cables 0.6m USB3.0 SATA to Molex 6 Pin Kit Pack of 6, GPU Adapter Card Extender Cable Building https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZF96W8?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Hi really appreciate your reply!

Are these the equivalent in the UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/T-Module-Extender-Building-Ethereum-Extension/dp/B071ZF96W8 ??

Just want to make sure  Wink
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:39:08 PM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

Are these the equivalent in the UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/T-Module-Extender-Building-Ethereum-Extension/dp/B071ZF96W8 ??

Pretty much any risers will do the job. Just dont take the cheapest ones as they can fail and burn your gpu.
fiorano

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:40:40 PM

Hello all,

Any suggestions?

Pretty much any risers will do the job. Just dont take the cheapest ones as they can fail and burn your gpu.

Thanks! Really appreciate your time.  How is your Rig running BTW?
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 03:17:31 PM

Thanks! Really appreciate your time.  How is your Rig running BTW?

I got two rigs now running both identically the same apart from one rig gpus are flashed and the other are just boosted with MSI afterburner. I noticed that PSU of 1000 watts is to small and them cards require at least another 200 watts on the top.

The rig with cards that are not flashed lacking only about 25 mh/s. I have not yet checked the actual power usage with a device on this rig but the first rig with flashed gpus continuously draws about 1100 watts.
IGROK2005

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:00:41 PM

Guys, do you think setting up rig 1x Mobo 12x GPUs - is easy enough to set up?
(in theory - it is the same as 1x Mobo and 2x GPUs - but a little more work with the wires and flashing them)

What's your opinion on this? Any caveates?
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:20:43 PM

Guys, do you think setting up rig 1x Mobo 12x GPUs - is easy enough to set up?
(in theory - it is the same as 1x Mobo and 2x GPUs - but a little more work with the wires and flashing them)

What's your opinion on this? Any caveates?

It depends on how skilled are you. Windows support only up to 8 cards if I'm not wrong. So if you wanna go higher you need to move onto Linux.
IGROK2005

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:54:05 PM

Skills - should be alright - occasionally assembled PCs and Servers from scratch (as a hobby and as my job). Never used Linux though

Thanks for the tip about GPU limitation.
Found an article that since november x12 GPU (AMD) should work fine http://www.aurelp.com/tag/how-many-gpus-does-windows-10-support/
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:08:39 PM

Skills - should be alright - occasionally assembled PCs and Servers from scratch (as a hobby and as my job). Never used Linux though

Thanks for the tip about GPU limitation.
Found an article that since november x12 GPU (AMD) should work fine http://www.aurelp.com/tag/how-many-gpus-does-windows-10-support/

Dont think it would be very difficult to set up a linux rig since you got some experience with computers and on top of that there are many tutorials how to do it. Where are you based, UK by any chance?
IGROK2005

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:21:38 PM

I am Smiley)

Want to move to this electricity provider - https://join.bulb.co.uk/join/quote
Much cheaper (but with this ETH price - it doesn't matter much)
ChipsSlave (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:03:52 PM

I am Smiley)

Want to move to this electricity provider - https://join.bulb.co.uk/join/quote
Much cheaper (but with this ETH price - it doesn't matter much)

12.4p kw/h looks good. I'm currently with SSE, 13.5p I think and a standing charge on the top which is similar to Bulb. I would like to make a weird bet, I think you are not english, since igrok in russian means player, is that true?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: